Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen (29101 Views)

Click To Watch Video>>on The Moment A Nigerian Policemen Disgrace Civil Defense / 4 Tips To Help You Become Free Of Your Every Addiction / 10 Disgraceful Habits Displayed By Nigerian Policemen In Public Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by logicman: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
Anytime I hear about the death of a police officer I celebrate, I don't care if na person papaa or granpaa, all I think is one less baad egg, don't mention me or else you go encounter drunk police with loÀded gun b4 d year runs out, naaa me know wetin I don pass tru 4 police hand dis year alone

2 Likes

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by waffcity: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dry men on black..... :-XDry men on black.....
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
1) Smile a lot especially if you are a woman
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by sunny4life(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
Valid points op
Make I add for your list:
Never visit brothels that are regularly raided by police.If u must do,hold 2k extra for pocket to bribe ur way out when u arrested by the police.....if not,u go sleep for cell.

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by preizton(m): 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
emmymdk:
After hanging our with friends and loved ones on the 25th of December somewhere Owerri and was heading back to hometown "ORLU", and ran into a Police check point along Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education. I was taken to Shell Camp Police Station around 12am and was unlawfully locked up because they saw 250k in my Venza. I was ready to give them money but they requested for 150k. The Nigerian Police Force is never a friend and can never be.
Have you complained this to the Police Complaint Response Unit (CRU). Here is their whatsapp number 0805 700 0003
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by andyanders: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
ibe9ja:
U are safer in the hands of armed robbers than in the hands of the Nigerian Police.

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Darkchocolate(f): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
OP...You tell us in No 1 Never to run from a policeman. You then tell us in No 4 to "...take to your heels". Abeg isn't that running?

Which one should we take now as advise?? Smh angry undecided grin

sketcherJ:
Police is our friend at least that is what they say, but we have come to question this statement now and often due to the nefarious and unwholesome activities of some bad eggs in the police force, these are some good tips for you to make sure you don't encounter or be a victim of these bad activities

1. Never run away from a policeman : Never run from a Nigerian policeman, whether you are innocent or guilty or you are automatically signing your death warrant, in many European countries, their police force are equipped with tasers and stun guns to use on running criminals or offenders, but the case is not so in Nigeria, where the policemen only have loaded guns with no safety catch,.
some policemen are too lazy to chase criminals, they just let the velocity of their bullets do the running business.

2. Give them their dues : whenever you meet police men at checkpoints , and they ask you for money whether legally or illegally. Please give them, don't try to be the know it all or try to be one who is current in law matters, this might sound stupid but remember you are doing this for your life and the passengers you have in your care, we have heard and seen cases of drivers refusing to give policemen their dues and their passengers suffered dearly for it.

3. Don't joke or argue with a drunk policeman ; whenever you are at a bar and you see drunk policemen with guns. It is better for you to leave the bar club or joint discreetly ,but if you must stay, avoid the policemen like fleas and don't draw too much attention to yourself, drunk policemen are just like time bombs waiting to explode. Don't joke with them, because in their drunken state, they might not able to get the meaning of your jokes well , a drunk civilian can cause havoc not to talk of a drunk policeman with a loaded gun.

4. Watch the signs ; whenever you find yourself around a policeman with a gun whether drunken or sober, always watch for any hostility signs in them , especially when a policeman start talking about killing.e.g I feel like killing somebody today, I will shoot you, if you try me, I will show you pepper etc.. Don't wait to see if the policeman is actually bluffing, take to your heels .

5. Be cautious or avoid areas where a policeman had recently been injured or beaten : when you hear or you actually see a policeman being beaten in an area, please avoid going to the area for some time, because the policemen will come for their revenge and they either they do it directly or indirectly.. Directly ( by shooting at or battering some marked men at the area) indirectly ( by arresting the residents of the area and charging them with numerous framed offences)

6. Avoid confrontations with policemen during protest : avoid daring confrontations with policemen during protests whether peaceful or not, even if you are doing it for a just cause, don't throw stones, pure water etc at them, even if you are in the company of your friends , in a crowd or public gathering, remember a bullet has no person's name on it , in a crowd...it could hit you , or anybody close to you.

See more at: http://dandywriter..com.ng/2015/12/safety-tips-to-use-around-nigerian.html?m=1#sthash.uclTdhaI.dpuf-
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Fourwinds: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
cao:
I wonder if this works for all policemen world wide?
did u not read "Nigeria Police"
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by princeFAD: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Darkchocolate:
OP...You tell us in No 1 Never to run from a policeman. You then tell us in No 4 to "...take to your heels". Abeg isn't that running?

By 'never to run' it means if police flags you down, make sure you stop and dont attempt to speed off ur car
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by cao(f): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Fourwinds:
did u not read "Nigeria Police"
Did you not read that I was wondering aloud...
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Fourwinds: 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Darkchocolate:

#1 as to do with when u are asked to stop probably for search... while

#4 can be a gathering like d one dat happened recently at ketu Lagos in a hotel....if u read dat story u will understand #4
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
ibe9ja:
U are safer in the hands of armed robbers than in the hands of the Nigerian Police.
I sweer grin
ibe9ja:
I sweer
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
sketcherJ:
Police is our friend at least that is what they say, but we have come to question this statement now and often due to the nefarious and unwholesome activities of some bad eggs in the police force, these are some good tips for you to make sure you don't encounter or be a victim of these bad activities

1. Never run away from a policeman : Never run from a Nigerian policeman, whether you are innocent or guilty or you are automatically signing your death warrant, in many European countries, their police force are equipped with tasers and stun guns to use on running criminals or offenders, but the case is not so in Nigeria, where the policemen only have loaded guns with no safety catch,.
some policemen are too lazy to chase criminals, they just let the velocity of their bullets do the running business.

2. Give them their dues : whenever you meet police men at checkpoints , and they ask you for money whether legally or illegally. Please give them, don't try to be the know it all or try to be one who is current in law matters, this might sound stupid but remember you are doing this for your life and the passengers you have in your care, we have heard and seen cases of drivers refusing to give policemen their dues and their passengers suffered dearly for it.

3. Don't joke or argue with a drunk policeman ; whenever you are at a bar and you see drunk policemen with guns. It is better for you to leave the bar club or joint discreetly ,but if you must stay, avoid the policemen like fleas and don't draw too much attention to yourself, drunk policemen are just like time bombs waiting to explode. Don't joke with them, because in their drunken state, they might not able to get the meaning of your jokes well , a drunk civilian can cause havoc not to talk of a drunk policeman with a loaded gun.

4. Watch the signs ; whenever you find yourself around a policeman with a gun whether drunken or sober, always watch for any hostility signs in them , especially when a policeman start talking about killing.e.g I feel like killing somebody today, I will shoot you, if you try me, I will show you pepper etc.. Don't wait to see if the policeman is actually bluffing, take to your heels .

5. Be cautious or avoid areas where a policeman had recently been injured or beaten : when you hear or you actually see a policeman being beaten in an area, please avoid going to the area for some time, because the policemen will come for their revenge and they either they do it directly or indirectly.. Directly ( by shooting at or battering some marked men at the area) indirectly ( by arresting the residents of the area and charging them with numerous framed offences)

6. Avoid confrontations with policemen during protest : avoid daring confrontations with policemen during protests whether peaceful or not, even if you are doing it for a just cause, don't throw stones, pure water etc at them, even if you are in the company of your friends , in a crowd or public gathering, remember a bullet has no person's name on it , in a crowd...it could hit you , or anybody close to you.

See more at: http://dandywriter..com.ng/2015/12/safety-tips-to-use-around-nigerian.html?m=1#sthash.uclTdhaI.dpuf-

Let me relate this with one popular domestic animal. Police are like dogs. From;
1- Never run away from a dog ; e go pursue u till e bite ur yansh
2- Give them their bones ; just to make them stop barking.its very annoying when distract ur thoughts with their useless noise.
3- Don't joke or argue with a wounded dog ; e fit bite u out of anger, ofcos u cud get infected with some dangerous shiiiii!
4- Watch the signs ; yes! Its always written, 'Beware of Dogs'
5- Be cautious or avoid areas where dogs are : that's if u are a hungry dog eater. My fo-oh-fo brodazz!
6- Avoid confrontations with dogs during their mating sessions : cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Fourwinds: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
cao:
Did you not read that I was wondering aloud...
ok u be wonderer
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by BarrIgbokwe(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
The very last point is germane, with regards to Section 33(2)(c) of the 1999 Constitution (as Amended).
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by cao(f): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
Fourwinds:
ok u be wonderer
"...will Africa ever unite-o?"
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Fourwinds: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
michaeltosu:
So if am getting you correctly, make we dey fear them since dem be god. For a very long I believed that the problem of this country is d govt but nw I c there is a far more bigger coward nigerians
I hope u read about d story dat happened in Ketu., Lagos in a hotel recently...those twins were not cowards because they challenged d drunk policemen to behave as a reponsible citizen and we read their bravery is now at the desk of CP in Lagos State..it was a good story
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by sexaddict08(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:
I Hate police men!
I hate them 10 times more than u...
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by sketcherJ(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
Fourwinds:
#1 as to do with when u are asked to stop probably for search... while

#4 can be a gathering like d one dat happened recently at ketu Lagos in a hotel....if u read dat story u will understand #4
thank you bro, you explained like how i would explain...it is the ketu shootings that actually prompted me to write the article, Darkchocolate I hope you get it now smiley

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by refreshrate: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:
I Hate police men!

You and me both padi mi

They're devil's.

One stopped my friend one day & accused him of using juju poor boy got confused

You won't believe the next thing the idiot devil police said?

If you're not using juju let me shoot you *cocking rifle as he said so* let us be sure you're not using juju.
It's a laughing matter now but you should have been with us just after bonny camp that night.

Awon werey alaso dudu
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by kraftsta(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Even b4 dis post, I always see all Nigeria policemen like environmental HAZARDS...Thank u @ OP for providing us with d safety/life saving rule to be used around dis unavoidable HAZARDS called Nigeian police...one big odeku for u @ OP
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by bustabo(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
poshpappy:
angry stupid hungry mophos.... thank God my uncle is SARZ
SARS is police too......learn!!!!
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Fourwinds: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
sketcherJ:
thank you bro, you explained like how i would explain...it is the ketu shootings that actually prompted me to write the article, Darkchocolate I hope you get it now smiley
wink
sketcherJ:
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by kraftsta(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
refreshrate:

You and me both padi mi

They're devil's.

One stopped my friend one day & accused him of using juju poor boy got confused

You won't believe the next thing the idiot devil police said?

If you're not using juju let me shoot you *cocking rifle as he said so* let us be sure you're not using juju.
It's a laughing matter now but you should have been with us just after bonny camp that night.

Awon werey alaso dudu
Lwkmd...I don laugh sotee dem wan go find chain tie me
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by ooshinibos: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mattkent:
Good advice. Btw why can't Nigeria police patrol cars have cameras?
good idea ..cctv at our police check points will help
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
TruthHurts1:
As for the money thing, there is no "legally". EVERYTIME a policeman forces you to part with your money, it is an act of extortion and IT IS THEREFORE ILLEGAL!

Well if you can argue any case put before you like ... "Looking Suspicious" which can earn you a seat behind the counter.. and guess what.. if you think your word holds in place of 2-3 policemen "INSIDE THE POLICE STATION" you must be an ill-informed JEW i.e you are a JJC. They can plant anything from Armed Robbery, Assault, Attempt to Disarm, Possession of Illegal Drugs or accomplice in a robbery.. your mouth will OPEN like an Agbero's when you are charged simply because you did not give them their compliment? sebi you can give a beggar his compliment.. are the police not begging you? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by bustabo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
logicman:
Anytime I hear about the death of a police officer I celebrate, I don't care if na person papaa or granpaa, all I think is one less baad egg, don't mention or else you go encounter drunk police with loÀded gun b4 d year runs out, naaa me know wetin I don pass tru 4 police hand dis year alone
Probably because u re a criminal......what u wish for others shall befall u IJN.
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Mcowubaba: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
I don't think Police is needed in Nigeria.... 90% of them are hoodlums nd barbarians..,. I so much detest them.. The should be Scraped....
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
I am still not loving police like Dr dre....

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by Harfisco(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
That no 3 is very very impotant
Re: Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen by chiboy1928(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
As a Born again so I should give policemen bribe weather legal or illegal,i can't do such.if I say am nt Givin my dime am nt let dem do their worst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

16 Surreal Places Found On Earth / What Is That Bad Incident You'll Never Forget? / 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.