Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

There Is Still Hope For The Third Class Holders - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / There Is Still Hope For The Third Class Holders (658 Views)

Opportunities For First Class Holders In Physics/mathematics/statistics/economic / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Still Hope For The Third Class Holders by goldengunman: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
It's a long one, but i bet, it's worth your time

I studied Electrical Engineering from a school in North central Nigeria, I was not a dull student but i graduated with a third class coupled with an extra year.

I graduated 2010, went for service same year, was posted to teach, i did well imparting knowledge on the students, my colleagues that had second class upper struggled to teach their students not because they cannot teach but because they have little knowledge of the subjects they are asked to teach, which is the same course they did in tertiary institutions,

After service, i stayed home for about a year before i got my first job and the pay was based on commision, pay was less than 10k the first month, 14k, 23k, 33k subsequent months, left the place after 5 months to another company which paid 50k (raised to 80k after 8 months) . I got two offers on same day earlier this year one pay was 180k and the other above 200k.

The period of staying home was really a challenging one, many organizations discriminated against my grade, but i wanna thank God for where I am today, it can only get better.

If u find yourself in this kind of situation, start small with any opportunity you have , don't reject a job because of the pay
Re: There Is Still Hope For The Third Class Holders by gidola(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hmmm... nice one op, start small and grow big,
LESSONS LEARNT
Re: There Is Still Hope For The Third Class Holders by feldido(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Yea... I don't discriminate people with 3rd class because I see it as a good grade cos it's an average score( D, E, C)
Re: There Is Still Hope For The Third Class Holders by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 30, 2015
3rd class grade cert. not 3rd life cert. aims and objectives of d lesson achieved

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Man Makes History In The US / Ongoing Recruitment At Tetra Pak / NCE Holder In Physics/chemistry Needed For A Job Opening In Owerri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.