Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. (54015 Views)

Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
This post is in response to a question by one of my fans who doesn’t want his name mentioned.

“Beautiful morning Mr. Patrick. Please with 2.39 which is pass in a polytechnic system, would it be possible for me to get a job without connection? What are my chances of being employed?”

To be candid, It's going to be very tough for you out there considering the fact that you'll be competing with a lot of Distinction and Upper Credit graduates. Not to mention University graduates. I advice you apply to the University through direct entry to cover your deficiency. But you must sit up. University education is more tasking than Polytechnic education. I'm saying from personal experience because I've experienced both levels of education.

If You think that would be difficult, you may consider the other option which is to hit the job market. If you opt for this, then You must;

1. Work on your psyche or mindset to get rid of any form of inferiority complex associated with your grade.

2. Work on your communication skills (verbal and written). You can achieve that by reading books, watching English movies, taking note of strange words, checking them up in the dictionary for the correct spelling, pronunciation and usage. Avoid vernacular and pidgin English.

3. Acquire a Masters Degree through PGD and/ or professional certification.

4. Know the practical aspect of your profession. A lower grade/class of degree or diploma means you didn’t perform well theoretically. Since every profession has got a practical and theoretical aspect, there is good news for You. Only if You’ll swallow your pride, now is the best time for You to gain practical knowledge which will give You an edge over other candidates with excellent results. If you read Electrical Engineering, go and learn from the man at the road side.

5. Network: Make friends with people who know people in position to help. E.g. You may not have access to the CEO of a company. But You may know someone who knows him. You can approach that person and ask him/her to connect you to the CEO. When You eventually gain access to the decision makers, tell them what you can offer.

Good luck.

Copied from my website, https://patrickokunima.com/2016/06/22/did-you-graduate-with-a-pass-or-third-class-or-you-know-someone-who-did-heres-a-word-of-advice-for-you/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Helpful?

1 Like

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Sanchase: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Does Buhari have waec result ?

Yet he rule the most populous black nation, useless country.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by moscobabs(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
But my boss graduated with pass and the man still remain the most intelligent in my company

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by boolet: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Where are the jobs for the so-called good grades sef? Best thing is to be your own boss in naija through skill aquisition.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
grin CERTIFICATE IF ATTENDANCE cheesy
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Well anyone who thinks this is only for those who graduated with pass or third is a joke.

☣ ☠

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Orubebe01: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Op who certificate epp?. Meanwhile, my dog is currently undergoing intensive training on how to swallow millions grin

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018

You are not a failure until you allowed your poor grade to determine your future and what you would be in life.

success stems beyond what is obtainable within the four walls of the school

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Primusinterpares(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Connection is importanter

2 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by jonadaft: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Third class graduate still better pass Buhari the dully

1 Like

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by COdeGenesis: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pick up a skill. Be the best in IT. Even graduates with 2:1 and 1st class will look for you. You dont need to look for a job, na contract u go dey find

4 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by fixedhollies(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
My advice: it's high time we forgot grades and job hunting ... acquire skills and you will employ first class graduates. Who grade help... the future work place will be in your room.

1 Like

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by 3html: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
I place no emphasis on that
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by dlondonbadboy: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
grin
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by ipobarecriminals: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
sad do I knw some peep with a pass grade,dem boku as a contract staff with one bank like dat.Nah man knw man sure pass
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by HeyCorleone(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
Even those with a first class aren't depending on their certificates anymore.
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by NonFarmPayrol: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
in todays NIgeria

degree is primary school cert

better get your brains to work

unless hunger go flog u post nysc

5 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Juchii(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
Simple; "BE YOUR OWN BOSS" you have achieved nothing by working for someone.
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by laydoh(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
pass.
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by lonelydora: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
ok
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by olusola200: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin CERTIFICATE IF ATTENDANCE cheesy
Certificate of attendance

Better than runs and cheats

5 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by sunbbo(m): 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Story!

The man should go and buried that certificate, because the more he is thinking he has that certificate the more he will be drawn himself down. He needs to turn to a leaf and see himself as someone with willpower that can move the mountain.

NB: Certificate does not define the success rate and in Nigeria "Street smart" is paying more than certificate.

Stay bless.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Donkalio: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
must every body get employed? check the Forbes or Guinness book of record, the Richest men in the world, are Entrepreneurs. start your own job no matter how little you may start.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
laydoh:
pass.
who first class and second class upper EPP?
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by jarrot(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
Orubebe01:
Op who certificate epp?. Meanwhile, my dog is currently undergoing intensive training on how to swallow millions grin

kudos bro!
with hard work and persistence your dog will get there!
Your moniker thou: " we will not take it "

3 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by IPKISSC: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
Dr. Pius Anyim Pius had third class yet he became the SGF in Gooodluck's government. Everything is by grace not by grade

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by sexdoll: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jonathan:
Third class graduate still better pass Buhari the dully

It's only fools who are more concerned with whom they are better than rather than concentrating on the issue at hand.

I was speaking with someone today and at some point this person, probably because he wants to console himself of his bad situation said to me, I was crying I had no shoes when I saw someone who had no legs.

Then I said to him...

Yeah right, but it still doesn't change the fact that you have no shoes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by sexdoll: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Orubebe01:

Where's the millions?

My friend if you continue training your dog like this, the poor animal will only be able to swallow highest ten thousand naira. grin
Re: Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. by Originality007: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
But you must sit up. University education is more tasking than Polytechnic education.

You must b high on expired weed...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions / Meet The Tallest Nigerian Soldier Deeekay, Whose Height Is Intimidating / Young Landlord Who Is A UNIBEN Graduate And A Meat Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.