Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,604 members, 7,958,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

Web Hosting Help Needed. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Hosting Help Needed. (1021 Views)

Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help / Highly Dedicated Web Hosting, HELP!!! / Web Hosting Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Hosting Help Needed. by saintbajar(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2009
I built a site usin dreamweaver. Paid for my domain n host. Bt dnt knw hw 2 host it. I hav every tin in a folder n its in my flash drive. Wat am i going to do next. Tanx
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by bug24(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2009
hmm,
ok, lets come to your rescue.

1. www.yourwebsitename.com/cpanel (in case ur host uses CPANEL)
2.enter your username and password in the box provided
3. this will take u to the control panel.
4. CLICK ON FILE MANAGER.

blah blah, . ok, lets use a better method here: for a beginner like u

DOWNLOAD AN FTP PROGRAM, e.g filezilla, cute ftp, smart ftp (just google for em)
install and launch any of these applications on ur pc
in the space provided, enter your website address without the preceeding www
e.g
hungry.com
enter username and password.
click on connect

after a successful connection, simply double click on PUBLIC HTML folder in the remote side of the program

then simply click and drag your files into it, NOTE: dont drag the folder itself into public html
just open the folder, then drag everything inside the folder into the public html

IF AT THE END OF 3DAYS, YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT RIGHT, pls consult your doctor (which might be me.). lol
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by Afam4eva(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2009
bug24:

1. www.yourwebsitename.com/cpanel (in case ur host uses CPANEL)

it musn't necessarily be in this format.

@post
Mind you u have to update your nameserver inside your domain control panel.
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by DualCore1: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2009
afam4eva:

it musn't necessarily be in this format.
dont cause confusion, please. tht format is a working format for those on CPANEL.
the point is tht it is a simple format and would worke for the owner of this thread.

afam4eva:

@post
Mind you u have to update your nameserver inside your domain control panel.
True. However if he did domain registration and hosting at the same place(which i think is the case), the nameservers would already be set to point to the right place.
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by bug24(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2009
@afam4eva

i wonder what you are talking abt.
updating your nameserver, have u ever seen where a newbie buyz a domain name somewhere and goes ahead to buy hosting in anoda place? they always luk for a one-stop shop for what they need to avoid complications later.

now give us what format you think he will best understand.
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
bug24:

@afam4eva

i wonder what you are talking abt.
updating your nameserver, have u ever seen where a newbie buyz a domain name somewhere and goes ahead to buy hosting in anoda place? they always luk for a one-stop shop for what they need to avoid complications later.

now give us what format you think he will best understand.

Not all host companies sell domains u know.
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by DualCore1: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2009

i no blame una na, na becos una don sabi this thing.
instead of focusing on how to help this dude know how to upload files, una dey. . . inshort i comment my reserve
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by kolitos007: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2009
I built a site usin dreamweaver. Paid for my domain n host. Bt dnt knw hw 2 host it. I hav every tin in a folder n its in my flash drive. Wat am i going to do next. Tanx

Hi,

This shoudl be simple in other to resolve this issue you have, you have mentioned that you have paid for the domain and hosting, if so your hositng company should provide you with a control panel and if you have got the domain name from the same company that is hosting then your domain name shoudl be pointing to the right server, I assume this is shared hosting.

So all you need to do is login, if you are using shared hosting, your hosting company should have provided you with login in details,if not, then I will assume you can create your own ftp details, if you can't then I suggest you ask your hosting company because its going to be hard to explain to you, based on the fact that I don't know what type of control panel you are using or who your hosting company is. So once your ftp is sorted you can easily use dream weaver to transfer you files. In dream weaver go to manage site, I assume you have already created manage site since you used dreamweaver, if not go to New, then site, using Advance, thats the tab on top, chose Remove info, select ftp, then put your ftp host name, should have been given to you by your hosting company, usually you can use the domain name or the ip address. set your login details and password.

So I hope this helps you, if you still can't do it, then give us more details
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by saintbajar(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2009
Tanx amiliom guys. I realy appreciate it. There is no place lyk home,
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by DualCore1: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2009
saintbajar:

There is no place lyk home,
these is! index.htm

rotfl
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by bug24(m): 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2009
Dual Core:

these is! index.htm

rotfl

LMAOOOO, Dual COre, u wont kill me//\\
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by segsalerty(m): 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2009
God save you guys say you don help this guy before i pop in , i for don , lipsrsealed
especially my dearest brother Dual Core for, today shocked
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by DualCore1: 2:47am On Jun 13, 2009
hmmm, go on, u for don do wetin?
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by mavtrevor3: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2009
Its a nice thing when you guys help out newbies here.
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by saintbajar(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2009
I stil tank u all for d help. I wil also need help on how to connect my database to my site where if people fil out d form provided i can get d info n how can i do dat plz Tanx
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by saintbajar(m): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2009
I stil tank u all for d help. I wil also need help on how to connect my database to my site where if people fil out d form provided i can get d info n how can i do dat plz Tanx
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by ztyle(m): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
#poster,
Paid for my domain n host. Bt dnt knw hw 2 host it.
Na wa 4 you, u pay 4 host u no sabi host em,
anyway take my short advice!

For me, i host my website in a FreeHost via www.50webs.com
Buy domain name as low as $10 via www.web4africa.com

50webs DNS
dns1.50webs.com
dns2.50webs.com

add it in the Cpanel at Web4africa.

Now u can see how cheap it's take to host a website.

I guess this help! ;d
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by saintbajar(m): 3:26am On Jun 18, 2009
Tanx men, bt u far from wat am sayin. I knw hw to build a static site but wil like to learn a little tin in add 2 dat. Dats how al d info of d registed menbes wil save n how can i get there saved info.?
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by beccaa: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2010
You can get the web hosting here http://www.tucktail.com/ and also get the hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: Web Hosting Help Needed. by webaplanet(m): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2010
i can assist you, send a mail to mystciman2009@gmail.com detailing whay you want, nobody seem to be answering your specific question

(1) (Reply)

Help With Adsense On Smf / Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better / Win Free Website And Hosting! (5gb - 20gb/month; Cpanel With Softaculous)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.