Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? (57005 Views)

Buhari’s Plans For Niger Delta, Militants — Osinbajo / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Bryan37: 8:44am On Dec 30, 2015
It's no news that only 13% of 2016 budget will be funded by the SALE of Crude

Which means that Nigeria is gradually diversifying its economy away from the Oil sector which is expected to even "nose down more". By d time Iran starts pumping their Oil into the international Market, also with d demand for cleaner energy rising day by day and d Cost becoming cheaper and cheaper, I can tell u that in d Next 20 yrs a bucket of Clean water may worth more than a bucket of toxic crude.

What will become of ND a report that has been raped by the Nigeria Government for the past 10 decade

I keep wondering if d OIL was a gift or a curse to this region which made them so Lazy, Corrupt and underdeveloped. Infact d most popular Slogan in d Niger Delta is " our oyel".

The only time ND man is considered in the scheme of things in Nigeria is compensation because of their Oil. Eg emergence of Goodluck Jonathan etc,

Now that the value is gradually diminishing and d reseRve trying, you wonder if this region has done enough or if they are prepared for the storm coming their way.

I must confess, am happy we re moving away from Oil and you are happy too but what will become of our brothers who only relevant is dependent on CRUDE

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Cutehector(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2015
Farming

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Ijaya123: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2015
Before Oil, we survived. After Oil, we will still survive. It is just a simple human nature.

184 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2015
The damage caused by oil exploration on their environment has not been tackled and now the oil is becoming "useless". If the downward trend continues the region will lose it's "relevance" and they'll become a laughing stock in the scheme of things because they've been made lazy by their oil benefits/entitlements. The future is quite bleak for the region unless they seat up and help themselves.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Psylas(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2015
They will go back to fishing, the igbos saw this coming but the ND fall our hand

the North won't give a fuc.k about them

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Bryan37: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2015
MrAnalyst:
The damage caused by oil exploration on their environment has not been tackled and now the oil is becoming "useless". If the downward trend continues the region will lose it's "relevance" and they'll become a laughing stock in the scheme of things because they've been made lazy by their oil benefits/entitlements. The future is quite bleak for the region unless they seat up and help themselves.
And dey ain't seeing this at all

Ver soon They will become irrelevant

Being minorities too

I wonder what they can muster.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by otokx(m): 10:00am On Dec 30, 2015
Clean up of our arable lands and waters to be used for Agriculture.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Bryan37: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2015
masterpower:
You should ask yourself What Next For THE CRIMINAL Southwest AND THEIR FULANI SLAVE MASTERS?

THAT IS WHY WE TOLD YOU PEOPLE THAT B.1.A.F.R.A IS NOT ABOUT CRUDE OIL BUT ABOUT addressing THE WICKEDNESS OF THE CRIMINAL/ROGUE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.

THE IGBOS ARE DOING WONDERS WITHOUT OIL.
On point bro

Igbos re doing wonders without Oil

D way things are going, NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC will be voluntarily handed to them cos they will be so parasitic and lazy @ d same time.

Our oyel, our oyel

NORTH has played dre card so well divide and rule them, them named them NIGER DELTA/SS just to make sure they don't align with another major tribe.

E go do them boom Na Anya.

Our oyel pple

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Adminisher: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Ijaya123:
Before Oil, we survived. After Oil, we will still survive. It is just a simple human nature.

Please for get farming. The environment is destroyed and you guys are pampering oil pipeline vandalizers. The Niger Delta us the only region with zero plans for the future.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:05am On Dec 30, 2015
Niger Delta is very rich. Before crude oil we were rich in palm oil. In fact, we were called Oil Rivers(Rivers, Warri and Bayelsa states) for a reason. We have rich lland for agriculture and our waters were used for fishing. Though our land and waters have been polluted due to oil exploration. We are rich in gas with abundant gas reserve. Whether oil become worthless or not we won't suffer. We will only adjust.

Most importantly, we have access to see and can easily capitalised on it.

@OP cry not for the Niger Delta. We will do just fine!

185 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by CSTR2: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2015
The SS in the years to come may constitute the greatest burden on the Nigerian state even more than the north-east.
So much resources plundered. so much wealth wasted, Functional ecosystem of both flora and fauna destroyed, and poverty and illiteracy rising.
Nigeria is a wicked country. angry

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by omonnakoda: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2015
masterpower:
You should ask yourself What Next For THE CRIMINAL Southwest AND THEIR FULANI SLAVE MASTERS?

THAT IS WHY WE TOLD YOU PEOPLE THAT B.1.A.F.R.A IS NOT ABOUT CRUDE OIL BUT ABOUT addressing THE WICKEDNESS OF THE CRIMINAL/ROGUE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.

THE IGBOS ARE DOING WONDERS WITHOUT OIL.
Yes we told them that Boko Haram is not about crude oil but the CRIMINAL/ROGUE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA. Boko Haram are doing wonders ..........
Eboes doing wonders with drugs and baby factories? Cannot build Niger Bridge,cannot solve erosion

Eboes deceiving themselves since 1759

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by asorocker: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
The decline of the oil industry is going to be worse on the states of Lagos and kano.

Lagos because an analysis of the igr of Lagos shows that Lagos derived it's revenue from the income tax and the income tax bulk is from the oil workers whose offices are in Lagos.
The oil and gas component of the Lagos igr is more than 40% of the igr. Income tax paid by high earning oil and gas industry executive who gross average of N5m monthly has helped Lagos

Secondly kano will be the worst hit as the only state whose take home is equivalent to the take home of niger delta states with their 13% derivative.

Kano doesn't have the human capital to generate income tax.

Third state /city is Abuja. It is said that Abuja was built with oil money, where would the money to sustain and maintain Abuja come from if not the same money from niger delta.

Some states like kwara, benue, adamawa can easily with agriculture fight the downturn of their economy, how would sokoto, yobe, jigawa whose populace don't farm and whose land is far from economic centres for export of agricultural products survive.

The next in line are the hausa cities of katsina, batching, kaduna who benefitted from the lopsided federal allocations. Now that the oil wealth is going and there is no human capital we hope they will not turn to insurgency as a means of raising attention and revenue.

The states that would enjoy and be kings in the new dispensation.

Anambra, Nigeria's brain box and commercial hub will have its non oil economy growth unequalled and unrivaled. Anambra survived with no oil allocation managed the little it had and built an enabling environment for investments.

Akwa Ibom, this state was blessed with resources and good managers who used it very well to grow infrastructure and are currently working on a sea port.

Abia this state hosts aba, Nigeria's city of enterprise and football, aba is living beyond oil already.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2015
Bryan37:

And dey ain't seeing this at all

Ver soon They will become irrelevant

Being minorities too

I wonder what they can muster.

Good question. Crude oil has being their contribution for time immemorial,I wonder what they have to offer in a post-oil Nigerian economy.

4 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Niger Delta is very rich. Before crude oil we were rich in palm oil. In fact, we were called Oil Rivers(Rivers, Warri and Bayelsa states) for a reason. We have rich lland for agriculture and our waters were used for fishing. Though our land and waters have been polluted due to oil exploration. We are rich in gas with abundant gas reserve. Whether oil become worthless or not we won't suffer. We will only adjust.

Thank you for saying "...were used for fishing" cause the waters now are "flowing poison" which is very pitiable. As for the palm-oil let's wait and see

13 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by kelsberg(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Ehya.......awa oyel
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2015
asorocker:
The decline of the oil industry is going to be worse on the states of Lagos and kano.

Lagos because an analysis of the igr of Lagos shows that Lagos derived it's revenue from the income tax and the income tax bulk is from the oil workers whose offices are in Lagos.
The oil and gas component of the Lagos igr is more than 40% of the igr. Income tax paid by high earning oil and gas industry executive who gross average of N5m monthly has helped Lagos

Secondly kano will be the worst hit as the only state whose take home is equivalent to the take home of niger delta states with their 13% derivative.

Kano doesn't have the human capital to generate income tax.

Third state /city is Abuja. It is said that Abuja was built with oil money, where would the money to sustain and maintain Abuja come from if not the same money from niger delta.

Some states like kwara, benue, adamawa can easily with agriculture fight the downturn of their economy, how would sokoto, yobe, jigawa whose populace don't farm and whose land is far from economic centres for export of agricultural products survive.

The next in line are the hausa cities of katsina, batching, kaduna who benefitted from the lopsided federal allocations. Now that the oil wealth is going and there is no human capital we hope they will not turn to insurgency as a means of raising attention and revenue.

The states that would enjoy and be kings in the new dispensation.

Anambra, Nigeria's brain box and commercial hub will have its non oil economy growth unequalled and unrivaled. Anambra survived with no oil allocation managed the little it had and built an enabling environment for investments.

Akwa Ibom, this state was blessed with resources and good managers who used it very well to grow infrastructure and are currently working on a sea port.

Abia this state hosts aba, Nigeria's city of enterprise and football, aba is living beyond oil already.

Nice analysis though I doubt Abuja will be hugely affected. it's the seat of power.

12 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Tochaigh: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2015
I'm not from Niger delta, but you all used them like rags and want to dump them now.

I won't say I feel sorry for them, it's simply karma taking its toll on them. Karma has meant investors avoid the north like plague now it's Niger delta's turn.

I won't join in on the daylight mastubation going on in this thread, but I hope Niger deltans learn some lessons, and stop being Nigeria's pompous and brainless side-chick always available for booty-calls.

Oil price will bounce back after a few years.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by kayfra: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2015
Adminisher:

Please for get farming. The environment is destroyed and you guys are pampering oil pipeline vandalizers. The Niger Delta us the only region with zero plans for the future.
Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom in the SS have plans.

Oil isn't exactly dead, we still have petrochemical industry. SW have a lead in that courtesy of Dangote's private refinery.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by amtalkin(f): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2015
Oyel that our unity

ND have to step up their game.

They were bzy playing the good boy role in Nigeria embarassed

The North won't take all of that if the oyel was theirs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by asorocker: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2015
MrAnalyst:

Nice analysis though I doubt Abuja will be hugely affected. it's the seat of power.
Yes it is the seat of power but where would the money for the expansion of Abuja infrastructure come from.
The point is Abuja at best would remain as it is, simplistic and maintaining the few infrastructure there.

But for Lagos I honestly don't see much hope.
Where would the money to maintain the bridges come from. Lagos just embarked on gigantic construction project the eco Atlantic which requires a lot of infrastructure.

For starters like Akwa ibom, they just need to start economic projects that would sustain their infrastructure like deep sea port, gas projects etc.

While cross river should build on their tourism and agriculture.

I have no comment on Osun, oyo, ogun states for now for certain reasons.

While for the middle belt states if only fulani herdsmen can allow you to farm then there is hope.

For the South East more investment in the industrial sector, auto and machine parts, steel sector, power generation, shoe making etc some rice, Palm investment

While for the extreme north, I have no advice.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by asorocker: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Arent you feeling ashamed of this transparent display of stupidity? Sentiments wont take you anywhere

Please we are all here to learn and share ideas can you bring your arguments so that it can be analyzed.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 11:03am On Dec 30, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Arent you feeling ashamed of this transparent display of stupidity? Sentiments wont take you anywhere

He's not actually being sentimental. Counter his output if you feel he's wrong

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by explorer250(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

And i hope you have a boundry definition of what you call Niger Delta. The oil politics that divided igboland will soon be over and the boundry between igboland and your Niger delta(mainly ijaws) will be drawn.

I thank God my people has always been proud of their igboness despite being in Rivers state. The future holds good for us as igbos with the help of our naturally endowed "survival instincts/spirit"

we are developing.
We are expanding.
We are progressing.

Lest i forget. Obigbo is the satelite town of porthacourt. We are doing Good Infrastructurally and otherwise.
What does the future hold for polluted ijaw land?

Wasnt igboland producing palm oil?

Dont igboland have a seaport at porthacourt?

Somalia has the longest coastline in africa but where are they?

Doesnt igboland have more gas reserves and solid minerals than ijaw land?

Dont we have the human resource?

You once said that igbos lack bargaining chips, so what will be your peoples bargaining chips when pure water is more costly than toxic crude?

We are majorities, we can never loose in this game just like the yorubas and hausas though we have our political differences with them. Minority will always remain minority, they will continue to be pawns in the cheese board of Nigeria

You know what? Eurobomber was right!

70 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by abduljabbar4(m): 11:06am On Dec 30, 2015
asorocker:

Please we are all here to learn and share ideas can you bring your arguments so that it can be analyzed.
I dont even know where to start from, but Can you tell me why you think Kano doesnt have human capital along with other north-western states? The last time i checked, they were there before the coming of oil.

Just a little explanation would do. I dont want to start long arguments

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by abduljabbar4(m): 11:09am On Dec 30, 2015
If you think importing goods is what will build your economy, you are only decieving yourselves

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by APChangeZombie: 11:10am On Dec 30, 2015
Diversifying from crude to debt !

3 Likes

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by babyfaceafrica: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2015
So just because they are not joining in your fruitless biafra,you wish them evil abi?.......biafrans leave ss alone!!!!........before oyel discovery they survived,after oyel they will survive......paddle your canoe!!

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by MrAnalyst: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I dont even know where to start from, but Can you tell me why you think Kano doesnt have human capital along with other north-western states? The last time i checked, they were there before the coming of oil.

Just a little explanation would do. I dont want to start long arguments

I think you got his perspective wrong. He's saying that: In the absence of crude oil revenue supporting some states. how will these states generate their own income to help themselves.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by explorer250(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
So just because they are not joining in your fruitless biafra,you wish them evil abi?.......biafrans leave ss alone!!!!........before oyel discovery they survived,after oyel they will survive......paddle your canoe!!

Dont bring biafra to this. The thread is never about biafra.
It is about the future of Niger delta, of which i am, which has been brutally raped by the Nigerian state.

35 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Military Arrests Goni Fandam, ISWAP Informant Who Spies On Troops' Movements / Rotimi Amaechi Escapes Car Fire Accident After Plane Incident. Photos / Tinubu Withdraws Financial Support For APC - Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.