Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning (69699 Views)

Things To Note When Siting A Fish Farm / My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
fhelihx:
It looks very much like coyote.
The coyote is not native to Africa
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
spiritchild:
It's called a Raccoon!
Definitely not a raccoon
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reptyle:
Looks more like a raccoon.

Nope
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
sarutobie:
That is an African civet for Pete sake! This animal has been all but wiped out in this part of the world..when they are all gone what then do we do? Start hunting humans probably.

And we have a winner
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by deejeet1: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
See as the guy pose as if he just captured shekau cheesy
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by owolawee: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Why now?!!!! Never seen such before. now its gonna end up in someone's pot.

Is that what oyinbo people call coyote?
OMG!! KING JULIAN cry
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
adegeye38:
its probably a coyote or a racoon or a lemur , stupid illiterates calling this a bush dog, never knew this animals could be found in nigeria though, these animals should be protected and not killed for fun.

You had 3 guesses and you flunked all yet you call some people stewpid illiterates
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Wenom: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
bronzegoddess:

Friend,that's a Civet and not a coyote

1 Like

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by bronzegoddess(f): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
theyrynsolar:
No Sweetheart.. But .. Have ate the liver before.. Yummy kiss kiss

Ewwwww
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by bronzegoddess(f): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ninilowo:
Yes, that is coyote.
ahn ahn. Some people say its a civet
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Towncrier247:

Sincerely, village life is really attractive with all the nature. Can one ever come across something like this in Ikeja, Lagos? I only see animals like this on NatGeo... Bro, u r purely surrounded by nature.

Hhmmm... are you saying the guy is living a village life and needs to visit the city (Ikeja) where there are stuffs like NatGeo Wild and CNN?

Just asking. ...

I'm sure they are bigger animals in Ikeja.

But OP shouldn't have killed that stuff nah, it's rare. Except if it's destroying his crops or attacking his farm animals, of course.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Yeah, right. I believe it's an African civet.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
PapiWata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3gJfd8KXOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzG4Pe_upo

With the notable exception of the Fulani people, who are brought up to have empathy for animals and livestock, 99.9% of the Nigerians who make up ALL other tribes in Nigeria are naturally and inherently sadistic, and will delight in killing ANYTHING that breathes, all in the hopes of securing bragging rights, to illustrate what brave savages they are, in their twisted and confused minds.

Yet they have the least regard for human life killing farmers who stand up against them for encroaching on their lands , if you ask me I'll rather be part of 99.9% that have regard for human life and none for animals and livestock than the 0.1% that have regard for animals and livestock and none for human life.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by BomboyOnline: 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
rubberman:
sivilcat

African Serval Cat.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by plucky16(m): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
spiritchild:
It's called a Raccoon!
don't know they exist in Africa
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
bronzegoddess:

This is not a coyote, thats a hyena. Look at d spots on d body. Im sure theres a lion near somewhere, when u start seeing hyenas.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by fhelihx(m): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Ok
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by bronzegoddess(f): 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
janellemonae:

This is not a coyote, thats a hyena. Look at d spots on d body. Im sure theres a lion near somewhere, when u start seeing hyenas.
Civet, racoon, lemur, beaver, coyote.

Now I'm confused.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Akochi86: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
gues u wan eat monster, never heard such name or seen such a creature even on books
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dear OP, that animal is an endangered specie. Please if you happen to find another alive, locate any animal conservation office around you; who knows you could get a fat envelope in return. Now, don't quote me on that. Lol. Attached is a picture of the prized animal at the Owerri zoo when i visited on November 29, 2015. Picture is a little foggy.

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by PapiWata: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiN6Nf2Zm-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6wVaEvRfZ0

Yeah buddy, this spectacularly beautiful South African woman is making serious money, in US greenback dollars, just by kicking back and selling the rights to video clips of her pet civet that she calls Bluey, to TV show producers and advertisers.

Meanwhile, in the backwaters of Nigeria, a brain-dead, short-sighted, terminally hungry loser posts images of his handiwork killing a civet cat by strangulation, before feeding his 25 illegitimate children for one solitary meal, with the nasty flesh of his small dead animal. Good work, and for the sake of your hungry dependents, let us hope you kill something every day, until your gun goes off by accident and puts you out of your ongoing misery ha ha ha.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by chris81964(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
sarutobie:
That is an African civet for Pete sake! This animal has been all but wiped out in this part of the world..when they are all gone what then do we do? Start hunting humans probably.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_civet
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
That is an African Civet and not a Coyote. Coyotes are native only to North America.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
UyaiHarley:
Dear OP, that animal is an endangered specie. Please if you happen to find another alive, locate any animal conservation office around you; who knows you could get a fat envelope in return. Now, don't quote me on that. Lol. Attached is a picture of the prized animal at the Owerri zoo when i visited on November 29, 2015. Picture is a little foggy.
Very funny it has to be lyk dis. The animal is an endangered specie. I pray for the tym Nigerians will stop all this animal cruelty. The last tym I had a close look of dis animal was about 15 years ago in Jos wildlife park.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by cap28: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
What really puzzles me is the fact that Nigerians claim to be educated but majority of them know nothing about their immediate surroundings and the wildlife in their vicinity. How is it that Europeans actually know more about this animal than Nigerians, its so embarrassing to read some of the posts, I mean this animal lives in your country for God's sake!

Also someone made a point about how we treat animals in Nigeria - its true we are so cruel and barbaric towards animals and kill them without even knowing why. The Civet is a very useful animal to human beings as it hunts and eats snakes and rats I hate seeing animals being treated cruelly for no reason and I find it even more upsetting when its a harmless animal like the Civet.

Take a look at how these Europeans have domesticated these African Civets to the extent that they even share a meal of porridge with the owner's domestic cat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARiXo_GwteY

2 Likes

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by chris81964(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is a Coyote. It is native to North America. Looks like a Wolf or certain dog breed.

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by ibolomo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
olaric:
Sometimes you have to let these rare species live and not kill them.
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by ibolomo(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
olaric:
Sometimes you have to let these rare species live and not kill them.
and let a wild animal (carnivorous) roam free in a fish farm. And please don't say that it could have been tranquilized or captured safely cos those don't exist in Nigeria, or at least in the immediate environment.

1 Like

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by cap28: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
Asian Palm Civets eating bananas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-akdsK7WGP8
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by emwye(m): 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Sir,a quick search on google and you'll see that said animal is classified under "least concern". This implies that the animal is not endangered at all. Look i get the push for conservation completely! but if that animal was there to take their fishes then it got what was coming. If it wasn't then i guess the folks just wanted something gamey to eat. You guys need to chill out, are there hunting licenses or government specified animal hunting seasons at the moment? If there are none, this implies that the people in charge of conservation are not doing the job they should do OR people have much bigger priorities.

I think everyone making noise about the fact that we kill animals anyhow in nigeria should keep understand how conservation works and what the government has to do to enforce laws in favor of the ecosystem. Bear in mind that if i shoot and kill coyotes here and present the ears to the appropriate authorities, i would be given a certain amount of money per pair (not sure if that's still in force but i am sure you get the idea).

UyaiHarley:
Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by cap28: 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
Cute baby Civet being fed milk by owner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=525vE0oQtFU

1 Like

Re: Bush Dog Killed In Our Fish Farm This Morning by hublot(m): 1:44am On Dec 31, 2015
It's called a "civet cat" not a "bush dog" undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) / Photos Of An Igbo Herdswoman Who Is A UNN Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.