Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,950 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Does The Institution One Attended Matters When Job Hunting? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does The Institution One Attended Matters When Job Hunting? (411 Views)

Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? / Love Is Dead! I Attended The Funeral Service Last Weekend!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Institution One Attended Matters When Job Hunting? by tayo60(f): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
This was an experience I had today. I was at a friend's place of work and was fortunate because, they were conducting an interview for some people.After d whole exercise, d interviewer told me dt she will gladly consider giving an employment to people who graduated from certain universities( which she mentioned) even with 2.2 than people who graduated from some institutions with either 1.1 or 2.1(which she mentioned also). Nairalanders, what is your take on this? Is this true? Has anyone experienced this? Kindly share your experience.
Re: Does The Institution One Attended Matters When Job Hunting? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
Honestly it matters alot...most HR managers look at issues such as the tuition fee and the reputation of the institution you are from not living out the type of lectures that taught you. It really matters my dear and that is why you even see people with a high GPA being turned down.

(1) (Reply)

What Women Wear...... / If There Is A Second Coming, Do You Wish To Remain Your Gender? / Contact:fumigation And Home Cleaning Services Company In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.