Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno (27483 Views)

Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / Contribution Of Science And Technology In Agriculture / Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by tchaik(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Good New !!!!!!

Maybe by the 98th century, we can send a man to the space.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by pothoney: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Mutuwa(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pencil?
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by orlando5: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ar
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Fussbot: 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by uchennamani(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:
Pencils and this is news?

This shît's stupid as it looks undecidedundecided
This made the news because of PDP's 16 years of bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by JaypeeAnics(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
OK...should I start clapping after all dis years.....
I tell u, all our leaders both past and present.....are all clueless......9ja has no good railway network.....no modern facilities......imagine 9ja is still adressed as as a developing country..... see south Africa......mtcheeewww later Una go dey claim giant of Africa..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by edo3(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
After all,,donald trump was right.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by kindy51(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Mtcheeeew why others are thinking of producing more better things
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by yhemsy62(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Chai!!! Shame dey catch me I dey read dis. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by sanandreas(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
Vritually 90 percent of what we have in my home is made in China. I ask myself what can we produce? Let's start patronizing Nigerian made goods
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by banio: 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na everything una go announce
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by anonimi: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
Kx:
Its no joke, just shows the extent at which we battered our economy by importing all sorts of things.

Are you saying there are no pencil manufacturers in Nigeria till now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
it's all well and good shouting we dont manufacture this we dont manufacture that. If the environment/ policies sustain the manufacture of said items, you wont need to beg Nigerians to manufacture these items. Money doesn't recognize color, national borders, religion, tribe etc it flows naturally to where it can make the best returns.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by anonimi: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
OK...should I start clapping after all dis years.....
I tell u, all our leaders both past and present.....are all clueless......9ja has no good railway network.....no modern facilities......imagine 9ja is still adressed as as a developing country..... see south Africa......mtcheeewww later Una go dey claim giant of Africa..

Do we even have good, modern

- primary
- vocational
- secondary
- technical

schools to start with or are those not the places where the EMPLOYABLE pool of labour will emerge from

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nerica(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Comedy
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by kessiah: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please, which kind of pencil are they talking about? Is it this one primary pupils used for writing? So this Country is as dump as this.common pencil they are importing. Is high time I apologise to those people I queried with because they said "Nigeria Sucks"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
This is real news to me. I tot our pencils were made in Nigeria. waaaaaaat!
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Leemak: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
if after 55 years of independence we are still importing pencils into the country then how many years will it take us to be producing missile drones? This explains one of the underdeveloping features of Nigera. Very obnoxious and ignominous indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by cecegorz(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
DonUjay:
Pencils? I want to believe this man is a Comedian I'm still waiting for the point were he rounds up and says 'Na Joke Ooo'

My brother, our country is a big fat joke. I am so ashamed of myself as I read this, we are planning to manufacture PENCIL (molten lead in a stick casing) in TWO YEARS time, and the minister is announcing it like other countries announces manufacturing of rockets and nuclear plants.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by agriboom: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
banio:
Na everything una go announce

It's a way of telling us how bad things are, with the outrage I think people get it grin grin angry
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice one,we are diversifying grin
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by ekenetheorg(m): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Observant: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Black Africans and stupidity are like bread and butter.
Common pencil? are you kidding me?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by PHIPEX(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
This country is the most shameless, a govt agency imported material for development another govt agency held it at the wharf for 20 yrs. Obviously, either those materials were never imported or they have been sold by now and no one was asking questions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by scholes0(m): 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
this is just stupid .....
I know what the honorable minister said must have been distorted one way or the other in other to make an attractive headline..... There is a place in my backyard right now, making pencils, erasers and school stationeries...

wtf.....

Why do people make up so much lies and uninformed statements?
Is this a cooked up story, or is this minister just bullshitting?

There are thousands of stationary makers scattered all over nigeria.
One of them is MEGACORP NIGERIA LIMITED

1-
MEGACORP Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 1988 as the investment company of the Gamla Group and has grown over the years to attain a diversified portfolio of businesses in various trade and manufacturing sectors.

The company exemplifies the Group’s passion for resource development, business growth, industry standards and corporate best practices, pioneering manufacturing and trading in niche markets. One such venture is the establishment a factory for the manufacture of instructional materials such as pencils, erasers, sharpeners, rulers, and school furniture following a ban on the importation of these materials by the Nigerian Government in the past.

Megacorp is engaged in the following areas of business:

Manufacture of Educational Materials
Rental and Maintenance of Seismic Exploration Equipment
Importation and supply of Instructional Materials
Importation and supply of various consumer and industrial products, including chemicals
Importation and supply of Police & Military equipment
Importation and supply of Health-care Products
Rental of Earthmoving Equipment
Heavy Duty Equipment Haulage & Lifting Services.

http://www.gamlagroup.com/megacorp-nigeria-linited/

2-
k-smile ventures
Our company is a paper pencil manufacturing company with a pioneer status in ng We have an installed capacity of 10,800,000 paper pencils per annum.We are located in lagos.
Telephone234-1-7760708Address2 Mobolaji Akanbi Close Magodo Gra, Shangisha, Lagos, Nigeria

https://www.gmdu.net/join-29-1367-join-72-p1.html

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by ekenetheorg(m): 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
cecegorz:

My brother, our country is a big fat joke. I am so ashamed of myself as I read this, we are planning to manufacture PENCIL (molten lead in a stick casing) in TWO YEARS time, and the minister is announcing it like other countries announces manufacturing of rockets and nuclear plants.

Two years. Too far. I will setup my own biz before them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Mellitus22: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Timbi:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-to-start-production-of-pencils-says-onu/
Nigeria at your age? Chaii this is very shameful.... What shall I tell my wife,,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Akshow: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
FEGNO:
This people can lie O! Pencil manufacturing will create 400,000 jobs ke?!!!!!.
Not only that, it will also replace Oil as our main foreign exchange earner.
don't be silly, na small small. Learning to read starts with learning ABC.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by LagosObama: 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
fratermathy:
cheesy

Those detractors who said this government promises too much can now feed on this!!!

Nigeria shall be industrialised by 2016! We will stop importation of items that pushes our currency below the dollar and euro. We will focus of exportation instead so that we can derive revenue for the nation's capital projects.

Jobs will be created through industrialisation as unemployed and educated youths will be absorbed into production companies and factories across the nation.

Kudos to the new visionary government!

I am proud to be a NIGERIAN!!!

Where are the wailers now They obviously don't have a clue how messed up the country has been, instead of supporting PMB, they're wasting energy and effort attacking him, not realizing they're attacking the future of their children.... May God open their eyes to see the obvious!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by suyamasta(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
Mekyno:

we dey import toothpick, i said tooth pick.
We are stilll sleeping.
Politicians packed all d monies in their pocket/account, instead of building industries dat which the monies is meant/budgeted for.
God help buhari govt n hv mercy on nigerians
Amen oo
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by franklingud(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
shocked shocked
Common pencil?? Chai!!
If I shout "BIAFRA" now dem mods go ban me again abi?.
Hei!!! Imagine dis zoo, common pencil!!
Pencil ka obodo a ama mmeputanwu.
Ihere emena ndi zoo!
Had it been that Biafra was actualised back then imagine how developed, more than nigeria, she would have been grin
Zoo ppl would purchase visa to come to Biafra land.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research / Shark Bites Man As He Tried To Kiss It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.