Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno (27482 Views)

Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / Contribution Of Science And Technology In Agriculture / Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by ekenetheorg(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
prettysolid:
This is real news to me. I tot our pencils were made in Nigeria. waaaaaaat!
Unless you can't read. China no dey mess with credit. They always print shiny Made in China in my own pencils

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by kelspleen10(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
d production no be even dis yr o. dem say na afta two yrs o. i tink we shud observe one minute silence for.dis nation after readin dis

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
God bless naija.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by dallyemmy: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
How about eraser?
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
May God bless naija.May God bless naija.May God bless naija.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Stanbeto: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
Up omu
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by fratermathy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
LagosObama:

Where are the wailers now They obviously don't have a clue how messed up the country has been, instead of supporting PMB, they're wasting energy and effort attacking him, not realizing they're attacking the future of their children.... May God open their eyes to see the obvious!

True talk bro. Most people just want to see Buhari fail without knowing fully well that Buhari's failure will spell DOOM for all of us and even our children in the future.

I remain absolutely positive and believe, against all odds, that the man Buhari shall rid Nigeria of corruption and set the foundation for a globalised and industrialised economy. Amen!!!
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nicepoker(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
itzmarvyx:
And i thought I heard it all when someone told me matches was imported.

So pencils too

even tooth pick
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
We are profiteers. It is more profitable to import pencil than to produce one. More profitable to import than produce rice. More profitable to import clothes than to produce. More profitable to import petrol than allow local refineries work. Trendier to import Indian hair than to grow ours. We are still fighting the President to liberalize foreign exchange for us to import Polo, RayBan and Gucci products. Who wants to drive Innoso? Or wear Aba na-anya.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Ahmeduana(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by kraftsta(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Kx:

Its no joke, just shows the extent at which we battered our economy by importing all sorts of things.
my brother eh this country done tire person. few days ago i heard we even import toothpick
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by scholes0(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Why do people make up so much lies and uninformed statements?
Is this a cooked up story, or is this minister just bullshitting?

There are thousands of stationery makers scattered all over nigeria.
One of them is MEGACORP NIGERIA LIMITED

1-
MEGACORP Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 1988 as the investment company of the Gamla Group and has grown over the years to attain a diversified portfolio of businesses in various trade and manufacturing sectors.

The company exemplifies the Group’s passion for resource development, business growth, industry standards and corporate best practices, pioneering manufacturing and trading in niche markets. One such venture is the establishment a factory for the manufacture of instructional materials such as pencils, erasers, sharpeners, rulers, and school furniture following a ban on the importation of these materials by the Nigerian Government in the past.

Megacorp is engaged in the following areas of business:

Manufacture of Educational Materials
Rental and Maintenance of Seismic Exploration Equipment
Importation and supply of Instructional Materials
Importation and supply of various consumer and industrial products, including chemicals
Importation and supply of Police & Military equipment
Importation and supply of Health-care Products
Rental of Earthmoving Equipment
Heavy Duty Equipment Haulage & Lifting Services.

http://www.gamlagroup.com/megacorp-nigeria-linited/

2-
k-smile ventures
Our company is a paper pencil manufacturing company with a pioneer status in ng We have an installed capacity of 10,800,000 paper pencils per annum.We are located in lagos.
Telephone234-1-7760708Address2 Mobolaji Akanbi Close Magodo Gra, Shangisha, Lagos, Nigeria

https://www.gmdu.net/join-29-1367-join-72-p1.html

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by onatisi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
And a minister has the guts to say this to the whole world without feeling any shame ?? And the production is even billed to start In 2 years time,while the FG budgets 764 million for recreational activities
Really pathetic to say the very least

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
zizirecords:
It's times like this I am ashamed to be Nigerian. Many years of military and PDP misrule. God help this country.
military would mean our beloved buhari also contributed to our retrogression to this point..
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by luvprince4real(m): 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
This man should be ashamed of himself.

When others are on nanotechnology Nigeria is planing on producing pencils in d next 2yrs.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by gottliebglobal(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
A country produces only pencils and erasers. Pencil production is efficient if the marginal _____________ of a pencil equals the marginal _________ of ___________.
 a. cost; cost; an eraser
 b. cost; benefit; an eraser
 c. benefit; cost; a pencil
 d. benefit; benefit; an eraser
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nigeria has not been doing this? What a shame. This country should've been manufacturing pencils long before now.

It's laughable that they're publicizing this news when the so-called production is 2 years away. The right time to publicize this is when they're ready to begin production, not 2 years beforehand. Actions speak louder than words. I will take this news with a grain of salt.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by seedorfg(m): 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
WE IMPORT WEATHER TOO
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by elvisdaniels(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Niaja @55 producing pencil grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Olasam12(m): 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Though is shameful but is a good development due to the level we have overall placed the nation.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by homesteady(m): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
I knew HB pencil was made in China because it was boldly written on it, but I didn't know that Nigeria don't produce pencils! Chaii!
But would Biro not be harder to make than pencil? we have biro companies in Nigeria!

The yeye man wanted to make it look normal by saying no West African country produces pencil, rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by josephmbonu: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
Even due we walk through the valley of our so called heroes pass we should fear no evils committed by them. Those criminals telling us that we are the futures of Nigeria when we are still babies cannot produce pencil in this country.

One by one Baba God go dill with una!
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by macaranta(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
OMg...this must be a joke

Please Nigeria should go to Aba,therein lies our holy Grail of Nigerian industrialization.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by homesteady(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
scholes0:
Why do people make up so much lies and uninformed statements?
Is this a cooked up story, or is this minister just bullshitting?

There are thousands of stationary makers scattered all over nigeria.
One of them is MEGACORP NIGERIA LIMITED

1-

http://www.gamlagroup.com/megacorp-nigeria-linited/

2-

https://www.gmdu.net/join-29-1367-join-72-p1.html

lalasticlala abeg do something on this post, take it to frontpage! the no pencil industry in Nigeria story is very embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by zizirecords(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Absolutely! People like you never see beyond Buhari vs PDP. My reference was to all military and civilian regimes since Independence.
IzonOwei:
military would mean our beloved buhari also contributed to our retrogression to this point..
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by sweetgala(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:
Pencils and this is news?

This shît's stupid as it looks undecidedundecided

400,000 jobs that's what matters
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by juman(m): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
Even pencil we do not produce!

nigerians have suffered too much, because of useless "leaders".

Hope this apc people are not liars like others before.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by dpete1: 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
i SAID IT!!!i always see china babies in my primary school pencils.
Anytime i see "made in china",i think nigerians did it and deliberately wrote itgrin
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
zizirecords:
Absolutely! People like you never see beyond Buhari vs PDP. My reference was to all military and civilian regimes since Independence.
as you stopped at pdp I had to wonder..no mind me.. grin
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by chuberg(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
gemale:
Hian! So we import pencil? Lord have mercy! Pencil! We can't produce ordinary pencil? Something dt requires only wood, pencil lead & glue we still dey import @ dis age & tym? Even if d raw materials 4 pencil lead no dey 9ja we no fit improvise use charcoal? SMH. Crude oil is indeed a curse 2 dis nation. I no go shock if we dey import water & air 4 9ja. Y naira value no go fall when all we Sabi do na import, import, import?

Even matches and tooth pick..... I weep for my country
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Shame onto u pple, in this century grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research / Shark Bites Man As He Tried To Kiss It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.