Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria (15950 Views)

Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / Gomyway Is Shutting Down Business Operations In Nigeria / Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down In Abuja, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by NaLaugh: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
seunoni34:
That's why I don't believe in women running tech companies, they just ruin everything with their decisions. Look at new yahoo ceo Marisa Mayer. Same thing is happening to yahoo right now. Smh

For every woman who has run a tech company into the ground, you can find 10 men who have.

This invalidates your point. It is just easier to point fingers at women who fail in predominantly male positions.

6 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by winkmart: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Is the Op among the sacked staff

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari cause am
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by nmreports: 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Well... One side of the story.
This is an attacking write-up too. Biased and sentimental.

Tech companies spend a lot of cash and if the revenue does not cemmensurate, it may affect over-head which includes staff, closing down inefficient branches amongst others.

They probably made some mistakes in the past and it will take a lot of effort to build. Cutting down cost, restrategizing, re-orientation and some massive visual marketing campaign.

Making it will require someone who is good, visionary, passionate, hardworking and a leader.

All the best.

To the person who called their MD lesbian, are you perfect? Do not sound sanctimoniuos please.

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by magicminister: 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
My question is, which moderator put this up?

2 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
Taxi? undecided...when danfo and brt never finish cool
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
Just two paragraphs in, and I smell a hatchet job.

OP diaris godu...

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by mobi5592: 12:05am On Jan 01, 2016
just to join words here for the purpose of enlightenment, I work with the jovago arm of the same company... the probem is not perculier to easy taxi alone
ever since buhari assumed office, they have struggled to pay salary,funds could not be transferd, all thank to cbn's forex policies.

The same challenge that easy taxi, jovago faces is experienced by most foreign companies in Nigeria...gradually, but surely,the government is bent on strangling these thriving an exciting tech startups.
These businesses have tried to survive even with the hostile business environment in the country...but the economic and monetry polices of buhari look like its going to be last straw that breaks these giants of companies that gives hope n empowerment to ordinary nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by dinggle: 12:31am On Jan 01, 2016
Was proper feasibility study done before commencement?....or was there money to be thrown around.
The Nigerian environment is different.....Uber might try....but Nigeria isn't America, Europe or India.

Happy worker + Happy customers = Success in Nigeria.

http://www.FlipNigeria.com - Flip Everything new, used, unwanted.
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Abbeyme: 12:35am On Jan 01, 2016
mobi5592:
just to join words here for the purpose of enlightenment, I work with the jovago arm of the same company... the probem is not perculier to easy taxi alone
ever since buhari assumed office, they have struggled to pay salary,funds could not be transferd, all thank to cbn's forex policies.

The same challenge that easy taxi, jovago faces is experienced by most foreign companies in Nigeria...gradually, but surely,the government is bent on strangling these thriving an exciting tech startups.
These businesses have tried to survive even with the hostile business environment in the country...but the economic and monetry polices of buhari look like its going to be last straw that breaks these giants of companies that gives hope n empowerment to ordinary nigerians.

I wonder what people wont attribute to PMB!!

Does the company pay salaries in foreign currencies??

Abi how does high networth individuals choice to not hail a taxi translate to paying the bills of the coy??

Please reconstruct your presentation. Make it clearer..

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 01, 2016
Endlesslove33:
Na easy buhari sure pass

Lol! smh

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by dustmalik: 12:50am On Jan 01, 2016
Abbeyme:

I wonder what people wont attribute to PMB!!

Does the company pay salaries in foreign currencies??

Abi how does high networth individuals choice to not hail a taxi translate to paying the bills of the coy??

Please reconstruct your presentation. Make it clearer..
Don't mind these losers. Ever since their Otueke master lost to Buhari, they have been trying to put this administration in bad light, even though such is not the case.

2 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 01, 2016
I met Adaora recently at an event in Abuja and she strikes me as a serious business person that knows her industry. She had done a couple of start ups at MIT where she grad from and even here. As at November 27 when I met her, Easy Taxi was still doing very well and from my observations they weren't showing any sign of distress. Every business has its down time but am sure Easy Taxi is not going down yet

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Endlesslove33(m): 1:50am On Jan 01, 2016
LexMacquin:

Lol! smh
yes Na baba go slow

2 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by solexadex(m): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2016
For taxi in abuja contact call4cab.com.ng
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by mbulela: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2016
imdolufemi:
its clear Op has a personal beef with the company or the lesbian MD. probably a disengaged staff. too biased write up
How did her sexuality enter the matter?

We don't ask, we don't tell. A maxim to live by in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by mbulela: 2:04am On Jan 01, 2016
seunoni34:
That's why I don't believe in women running tech companies, they just ruin everything with their decisions. Look at new yahoo ceo Marisa Mayer. Same thing is happening to yahoo right now. Smh
Silly sexist comment devoid of statistics

3 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by chccho(m): 2:18am On Jan 01, 2016
dantewest:
It seems the ever vibrant Nigerian market has been a tough nut to crack by the not so new management of Easy Taxi led by Adaora Asala. The ship was gradually sinking after the emergence of Adaora Asala, the new Managing director of Easy Taxi.

Since the introduction of the new MD Adaora, the company has being on a downward slope. Many Easy Taxi staffs are confused about what future, if any, Easy taxi has. The company has been plagued with falsifying awards, disgruntled employees, and not meeting with customers expectations.

Adebusola Babatunde, Senior PR, Events and Partnership at Easy Taxi tendered her resignation letter and left for a company with better structure earlier this month . Same with Tracy, who rocked the Public Relations arm of Easy Taxi also resigned this month. These are the people who made Easy Taxi a force to reckon with in Nigeria, especially Lagos. Adebusola Babatunde was exceptionally great at looking for leads, she sealed lots of partnership deals, and did extensive work with following up with clients.

The Easy Taxi social media handles (Twitter and Facebook) has being semi comatosed for a couple of months with the sudden resignation of the then Social media guru, Olutimehin Olumide. With the resignation of Adebusola Babatunde, their public outreach is as good as dead.

To add insult to injury, the entire staff of Easy Taxi in Abuja have being told to submit their laptops, effectively sacking about 12 people at once in an Ecommerce business environment. Who does that?

The MD had previously employed about 9 of her own people, even out of the people she employed in Abuja, some have already left the company before the Abuja shutdown.
On November 13th, we told Nigerians that Easy Taxi was gradually bowing out to Uber Taxi, rumor had it that the former MD/Founder of Easy Taxi, Bankole Cardoso has been spotted in Uber countless times.

Key staffs of Easy Taxi Nigeria have also left the company for various reasons. And report reaching Nigerians on LinkedIn that the Social Media Manager recently announced his resignation of his appointment with the company. This sudden move are questions begging for answers and have kept Easy Taxi fans and customer wondering if all is well in the company.

Taxi hailing cab is really changing the experience of commuters in Nigeria, but not the same experience for Easy Taxi anymore as they are gradually bowing to pressure in Nigeria to Uber.

Easy Taxi one of African Internet holdings company may be facing her early exit in Nigeria just like their exit in Ghana.

https://dantewest./2015/12/31/easy-taxi-shuts-down-in-abuja-nigeria/
that their MD is one of the most beautiful ladies I laid my eyes on in 2015..Damnnnnn she fine
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by chccho(m): 2:28am On Jan 01, 2016
imdolufemi:
its clear Op has a personal beef with the company or the lesbian MD. probably a disengaged staff. too biased write up
Chai where u hear that one oooo, she told me she was married o and even showed me her wedding ring.
I just hope not married to a .....
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Pain(m): 4:19am On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:
For the last time for God sake any of una done see mama nikechi fowl, abi e enter easy taxi

Surrender the fowl now cause na me first plan to steal am...

Is this your major plan for the new year? Fowlnapping??

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 01, 2016
Very biased and smelly write up. And it's staff not staffs. ODE NI

2 Likes

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by nmreports: 8:23am On Jan 01, 2016
mobi5592:

This does not makes sense. Not analytical at all.
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by 20bc(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Pain:

Is this your major plan for the new year? Fowlnapping??

No, it was last year, I think I will go into full scale goatnapping.

Oya show me where baba sule put him goat.....
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by Setaje(f): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2016
I saw an advert for customer care on nairaland with this same company. The second round stage was just cumbersome. We were told to download easy taxi app and then book for a taxi using their app. Take a ride wiv a free 1000 naira voucher. Come back home and write a report on your experience. My phone does not even support the app. They don't pay up to 100k and after doing this what is the guarantee of being picked. I checked their fb page, noticed they didn't even have upto 1k followers and I asked questions from few friends . I didn't get good replies at all. The few people I would say unfortunate people who used their taxi said they are ridiculously expensive. I thought perhaps its because the taxis have a.c and they are new. But I was told that they don't pay the drivers. The drivers take half and remit the remaining to the company or something like that. So they can never go below 5k. A friend took their cab from Ikeja to yaba for 5k. Anyway I declined their second stage assessment by sending a mail and gave reasons and even told them how they should improve but whoever is their media pr or whatever replied in a harsh manner. I am just laughing after reading this. The story is bias but there is an element of truth. Seeing this justifies my earlier refusal to commit and also explains a lot why cardoso left the company.

This is not to run the company down before someone accuses me wrongly

1 Like

Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by odaniel1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
nairalander1516:
Is e-commerce on the decline?
No, just dt in Nigeria, u cnt run e-commerce without what I call "manual-followups"
Re: Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria by ThundrCork(m): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
Never heard of them

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Eatery Business? / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork / Peace Microfinance Bank Celebrates 14years Of Excellence In Providing Unrivalled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.