Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. (1248 Views)

Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose / Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Herald47: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
I have read lots of post where some people stated that the se will brutally be affected in the present decline of oil prices and allocations.here are 5 reasons the se won't be brutally affected:

1.resilience:i'm not priding,every tribe/ethnicity can testify of the resilience spirit the se'ners is endowed with,even the former head of state,yakubu gowon testified to that by saying the igbos lots all their properties as a result of the civil war but to his greatest surprise and of the world they bounced back within a short period.

2.adaptability:this is another characteristics of an igboman,he can adapt in any environt he finds him/herself,that's where the saying "any country you go to and yov didn't find an igboman better runaway"was derived.

3.exploitations:the se'ners exploits any business opportunity they finds themselves,jaja of opobo is a perfect example,when he arrived the ijawland,he saw the business potentials and profits it will accord him by acting as a middleman between the british and the ngwas,ijaws,ogonis in the sale of palm oil.

4.ability to compete:the se'ners are known competitors,they are'nt afraid to venture into any business,that's why they are found in all sector of the economy or all kinds of businesses,some of them are;shoe industry,auto industry,telecom,media,entertainment,shipping,cement industry e.t.c

5.availaibility of mineral resources and agriculture:the se is endowed with vast mineral resources like limestone,granite,crude oil and gas,coal,lead and zinc,lignite,iron ore,silica,bauxite e.t.c.,they also have a vast arable land for farming especially ebonyi state.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Herald47: 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Herald47:
I have read lots of post where some people stated that the se will brutally be affected in the present decline of oil prices and allocations.here are 5 reasons the se won't be brutally affected:

1.resilience:i'm not priding,every tribe/ethnicity can testify of the resilience spirit the se'ners is endowed with,even the former head of state,yakubu gowon testified to that by saying the igbos lots all their properties as a result of the civil war but to his greatest surprise and of the world they bounced back within a short period.

2.adaptability:this is another characteristics of an igboman,he can adapt in any environt he finds him/herself,that's where the saying "any country you go to and yov didn't find an igboman better runaway"was derived.

3.exploitations:the se'ners exploits any business opportunity they finds themselves,jaja of opobo is a perfect example,when he arrived the ijawland,he saw the business potentials and profits it will accord him by acting as a middleman between the british and the ngwas,ijaws,ogonis in the sale of palm oil.

4.ability to compete:the se'ners are known competitors,they are'nt afraid to venture into any business,that's why they are found in all sector of the economy or all kinds of businesses,some of them are;shoe industry,auto industry,telecom,media,entertainment,shipping,cement industry e.t.c

5.availaibility of mineral resources and agriculture:the se is endowed with vast mineral resources like limestone,granite,crude oil and gas,coal,lead and zinc,lignite,iron ore,silica,bauxite e.t.c.,they also have a vast arable land for farming especially ebonyi state.

mancelliot,ofoigbo,ilovemystate,cheruv,udmaster,eurobomber,phockphockman,zuchyblink,eastlink,chiwude.make una show.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by MzPecs(f): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
True that.. cool
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by mazzi: 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
Truth and nothing but the truth! GOD if I will come back to this world again,please make me an igbo man again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
mazzi:
Truth and nothing but the truth! GOD if I will come back to this world again,please make me an igbo man again.

Seconded. i have also met people who wish they were igbo. lol not mentioning any lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
Why all the noise about drop in oil price is this first time it is occurring?
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Xway101(m): 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

Seconded. i have also met people who wish they were igbo. lol not mentioning any lipsrsealed
IAM PROUDLY IGBO............GOD I DONT KNOW WHY I LOVE THIS TRIBE SO MUCH......

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Herald47: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Why all the noise about drop in oil price is this first time it is occurring?
they said the decline will strike we se'ners,so am proving them wrong
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by WaffenSS(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hmm...

Foolishness now in secession.
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by WaffenSS(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hmm...

Foolishness now in session.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by Blakjewelry(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Herald47:
they said the decline will strike we se'ners,so am proving them wrong
It is only temporary
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by MyGeneration(m): 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
SouthEast would survive the oil decline, even if Nigeria like let poverty and the dollar fall to nothing it wont shake us.
1) Federal government doesn't have money it was and is not our business because the money was never benefitting us right from time.
2) If the lack of funds and hardship stifle development its not our business because our land is already underdeveloped and nobody cares we ve been carrying our crosses by ourselves with donations we provided electricity and fixed our roads to the little we can.
3) If the hardship makes civil servants not to receive salaries we pray they do but our people are already used to going 11 months without salaries yet we don't die courtesy Imo state govt.
4) Its state like Akwa ibom thats trying to raise sth for themselves and the people who know they receive amnesty money that have something to fear not people who stay under hot sun, travel far distances to hustle that have something to fear.
I even love as this oil is becoming useless, very soon some states would begin to experience what we in the southeast have been suffering since after the war, yet anytime we complain they would say its B!afra or that we don't want Nigerias progress.
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by OfoIgbo: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
The only correction I will give in this very intelligent summary of the OP, is that Bonny is NOT ijawland.
The first settlers there were Igbos from Abia state.
Bonny is the anglicised version for UBANI and their royal family till date remains Igbo, even though he is referred to as Amanyanabo, but that should not throw you afterall there are Igbo traditional rulers that are addressed as OBA.
Igbos are good at adapting to neighbouring communities. Even Europeans who visited Bonny in the 1850s attested to the fact that Bonny's first inhabitants were Igbos, and that Ijaws came there as artisans much later on
Re: 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. by anticabal1: 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
OfoIgbo:
The only correction I will give in this very intelligent summary of the OP, is that Bonny is NOT ijawland.
The first settlers there were Igbos from Abia state.
Bonny is the anglicised version for UBANI and their royal family till date remains Igbo, even though he is referred to as Amanyanabo, but that should not throw you afterall there are Igbo traditional rulers that are addressed as OBA.
Igbos are good at adapting to neighbouring communities. Even Europeans who visited Bonny in the 1850s attested to the fact that Bonny's first inhabitants were Igbos, and that Ijaws came there as artisans much later on

When i said it that on Ugomba's thread, they claimed i was lying. Before Ijaws sailed ashore, Igbo, Efiks, Ibibios have been living on the land bordering the atlantic.

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans Protest In Front Of President Obama’s Residence At The US White House / Another APC Lies On Amosun Loot Busted. / It Is Very Easy To Refine Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.