Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? (1073 Views)

Cow Attacks Woman On Motobike (Video) / Killer Python Attacks Antelope For Lunchtime Death Battle – But Gets A Surprise / Whats Your Take On Women in Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
The number of threads mocking or insulting women is alarming. There's no day we won't see a derogatory thread on women on Nairaland.

Is there a systematic campaign to run women down. The fact that these threads make the front page encourages more people to create similar ones. Why do these threads interest the moderators so much?

What is the percentage of female moderators on Nairaland?

Isn't there a limit to humour? Are people not accepting these stereotypes subconsciously?

Don't the creators of these threads have ethical values? Do they respect women and womanhood? Should they be applauded or chastised?

These threads used to amuse me but now they alarm me.

There are many teenagers and young adults here who groom their minds with things they pick here. Is it not ethical of Seun and his moderators to try to promote good values in this country?

I created a thread showing what a talented young lady did and it never made front page.
https://www.nairaland.com/2814646/beautiful-work-art-christmas-gift

In that same period of less than two weeks, many women-bashing threads have made the front page. Is this right?

Is women-bashing on Nigerian internet one of the new challenges to the achievement of gender equality(women empowerment at least) in this country?

Am I alone on this? Please what do you think?
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by dOnLarich: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
you re alone and you will forever be .... it's NLders that post their opinions not NL mumu undecided
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
dOnLarich:
you re alone and you will forever be .... it's NLders that post their opinions not NL mumu undecided
OK.

All the people you follow are female except one. That's interesting.

Don't you care about what these threads do to them?
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
And yet Toks2008 has another women-bashing thread on the front page. Lalasticlala, Ishilove why do you keep encouraging this thing.

Kudos to emusmith who is doing the honourable opposite. We need more people like him.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Toks2008(m): 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
Chartey:
And yet Toks2008 has another women-bashing thread on the front page. Lalasticlala, Ishilove why do you keep encouraging this thing.

Kudos to emusmith who is doing the honourable opposite. We need more people like him.

Please grow up young man
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 7:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

Please grow up young man

If growing up means losing respect for women then I want to remain young.

This is not a personal attack on you.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
I tot ur girl's artwork made fp? undecided
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Suigeneris93:
I tot ur girl's artwork made fp? undecided

I created this thread some days ago. I was just tired of seeing so many threads denigrating women on the front page. It seemed the moderators favoured those to attract traffic and alarmingly some ladies were beginning to see such things as just humour.

There's another one there now by someone I even respect o

https://www.nairaland.com/2841478/some-character-traits-places-lady

Notice how ladies defend Naija guys on this other thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2841805/kenyan-girl-say-nigerian-guys
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chartey:

I created this thread some days ago. I was just tired of seeing so many threads denigrating women on the front page. It seemed the moderators favoured those to attract traffic and alarmingly some ladies were beginning to see such things as just humour.

There's another one there now by someone I even respect o

https://www.nairaland.com/2841478/some-character-traits-places-lady

Notice how ladies defend Naija guys on this other thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2841805/kenyan-girl-say-nigerian-guys

Anyone that takes nl very seriously does so at their own risks. I'm a lady and most times I'm not bothered by whatever makes fp on nl because nl isn't reality. Lalasticlala can approve any post he wants to make fp, I take it all as a pinch of salt cos the posts do not add or subtract from me, rather they're amusing and add colour to an otherwise dull, dry and humourless day in our beloved Nigeria with its plenty issues. Where's ur sense of humour op? cheesy
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Anyone that takes nl very seriously does so at their own risks. I'm a lady and most times I'm not bothered by whatever makes fp on nl because nl isn't reality. Lalasticlala can approve any post he wants to make fp, I take it all as a pinch of salt cos the posts do not add or subtract from me, rather they're amusing and add colour to an otherwise dull, dry and humourless day in our beloved Nigeria with its plenty issues. Where's ur sense of humour op? cheesy

I just feel there's this whole psychological genocide against women in Nigeria with the attackers and victims not even aware of their roles. The women I've known are not at all close to the stereotypes being humorously created.
Maybe I'm getting old sha, maybe.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by lalasticlala(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chartey:

We feature threads from romance section that are good. Many guys create threads, while few women create sensible threads, you hardly see the ladies creating "male bashing thread" , so you shouldn't blame the guys for expressing their opinions, nothing stops the babes from doing same.. Nairaland is neither anti women nor anti men. Once a thread is sensible, it would be featured, nothing stops the ladies from replying such threads... I do go out on my own to look for threads by women, and when I see, I feature them as well. So your assumption is not correct..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
lalasticlala:

We feature threads from romance section that are good. Many guys create threads, while few women create sensible threads, you hardly see the ladies creating "male bashing thread" , so you shouldn't blame the guys for expressing their opinions, nothing stops the babes from doing same.. Nairaland is neither anti women nor anti men. Once a thread is sensible, it would be featured, nothing stops the ladies from replying such threads... I do go out on my own to look for threads by women, and when I see, I feature them as well. So your assumption is not correct..

Well, "sensible" has different meanings. I hope it means "dignifying" to you just as it does to me.
Since you've said you go out of your way to look for threads by women, I can only encourage you to continue.
Fairness is not giving equal opportunities to different groups. It is giving opportunities that will put different groups on an equal footing even if those opportunities are not equal.
I'm happy you've seen this and I'm impressed you took your time to reply. You don try.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chartey:

I just feel there's this whole psychological genocide against women in Nigeria with the attackers and victims not even aware of their roles. The women I've known are not at all close to the[b][/b] stereotypes being humorously created.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Chartey:

I just feel there's this whole psychological genocide against women in Nigeria with the attackers and victims not even aware of their roles. The women I've known are not at all close to the[b][/b] stereotypes being humorously created.

I'm way different from any of the women portrayed and I'm sure there are lots of women on nl like me but I take it with a good sense of humour, I'm sure even the guys that upload such posts know women that are not hoes, unsophisticated, bereft of social skills, or gold digging bishes grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I'm way different from any of the women portrayed and I'm sure there are lots of women on nl like me but I take it with a good sense of humour, I'm sure even the guys that upload such posts know women that are not hoes, unsophisticated, bereft of social skills, or gold digging bishes grin grin

I think I just need to smile more.
Your blog is nice.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Funnyguy83: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 06, 2016
Chartey:

I think I just need to smile more.
Your blog is nice.

Thanks wink
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by itstpia8: 3:05pm On May 20, 2016
dOnLarich:
.... it's NLders that post their opinions not NL mumu undecided

Op take note.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Israel5(m): 5:51pm On May 20, 2016
You've made your point Op(women activist) and i support it. You started from the right place(media) now go to the streets.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Chartey(m): 11:30pm On May 20, 2016
Israel5:
You've made your point Op(women activist) and i support it. You started from the right place(media) now go to the streets.

Let me assume you're sincere and let me reply you politely. Little is achieved on the streets. More is achieved with the pen and microphone.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by Israel5(m): 11:43pm On May 20, 2016
Chartey:

Let me assume you're sincere and let me reply you politely. Little is achieved on the streets. More is achieved with the pen and microphone.
The street is where the masses are. The voice is what takes u far.
Re: Is Nairaland Allowing Attacks On Women? by damiosy(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2016
I really like how the mods respond to cases like this, the money most times comes first,more traffic to Nairaland abeg,what's amusing is the "for and against opinion"

Well done Oga seun

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For Latest Cheats And Tweaks On Smartphones And PC / Kenya Tycoon Gets Buried While Sitting In His Car [PHOTOS] / See The Huge Black Snake We Killed Today..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.