Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,589 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Is It Too Much? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Too Much? (1170 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Too Much? by sheis: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
I just want a decent life. Why is it so hard? How can the whole family depend on one person? I have been strong enough to do my best over the years. These days, it just sucks.
I just want to be able to think and plan for myself.
I want to be happy and not worried about paying bills.
I want a normal life and not playing mummy when I should be falling in love and starting a family.
I want to sleep well and not have countless nightmares.
Family is important but am I asking for too much?
A miracle?

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Much? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
No you're not asking for too much!

Work hard and try to stay positive. I'm sure it'll all get better. And have faith!
Re: Is It Too Much? by 2goodbobo(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
Funny enough when you die (God forbid) their life will go on and they will survive somehow.
so don't always displeased yourself just to please them. You can't help everybody bro. Do the one you can and sternly tell the others off. They should go and hustle for themselves.

If you must start your own family and plan your future then this is the time to learn to say no to some certain demands and focus on yourself.

Peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Much? by Cutehector(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hey young man, people out there want to have your problem ok.. So be grateful to God you have something doing
Re: Is It Too Much? by Ginaz(f): 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
Same with my mom too, she's the pillar of the house. It makes her worry top much embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Much? by bronzegoddess(f): 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Awwwn...sorry
Re: Is It Too Much? by Chubhie: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
sheis:
I just want a decent life. Why is it so hard? How can the whole family depend on one person? I have been strong enough to do my best over the years. These days, it just sucks.
I want a normal life and not playing mummy when I should be falling in love and starting a family.
A miracle?

Perhaps you are the one encouraging them to be so dependant on you. Some of them might not even be aware you are bleeding to death.

learn how to work with them as team players. You need lessons on leadership as an Art.
Re: Is It Too Much? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
You are Human and I Understand you're feeling but then again, It's Family and you just have to Help Because when Life turns against You, When everyone else is against You! your Family will still stand by You! its a. priceless Possession and you should cherish it

P.S Hope the Family you are Helping is not all those 'your Daddy's Father sister's uncle's step mother Mother' Kind of Family cause those ones their own na to show up when things are good, chop and clean mouth
Re: Is It Too Much? by kentzz(f): 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
sheis:
A miracle?

my dear be strong. its not easy xpecially if ure d bred winna. am tellin dat I undstnd aw ure feelin cos am also in d same boat as u. bt dear,kndly put dem aside 4now nd tink abt ur lyf,settle dwn wit d rait mate nd av ur kids. look,if u die tday,dey will kip livin. if u dnt act now,d rait man will run away nd wen u gt tired, ull end up wit d wrung mare nd dat will worsen ur prb cos ull liv all ur lyf n regrets.
I know wat am talking about.
sorry
Re: Is It Too Much? by sheis: 8:22am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year everyone.
I thank you all for your advice.
@Cutehector, I am not a male.
Re: Is It Too Much? by kentzz(f): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2016
sheis:
Happy New Year everyone.
These are my siblings. I have complained and explained. I am just out of Job right now and it is pretty tough.

@Kentzz, you are right. It does affect relationships. I was so concerned about fending for my family, I lost sight of what I would consider the right mate.
Now I am so angry that all my efforts have never been enough. I feel like running away.

Pls dnt runaway,jst place den on ur shoulders on place ur emotions nd issues on ur hed. dey will surviv. pls live ur lyf,marry d bst man of ur choice,av kids of ur own,be api wit ur mate nd ur famli will gv u space.
Re: Is It Too Much? by Cutehector(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2016
sheis:
Happy New Year everyone.
These are my siblings. I have complained and explained. I am just out of Job right now and it is pretty tough.

@Kentzz, you are right. It does affect relationships. I was so concerned about fending for my family, I lost sight of what I would consider the right mate.
Now I am so angry that all my efforts have never been enough. I feel like running away.
its well sister
Re: Is It Too Much? by jashar(f): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2016
my dear, it's ok to take a break. Family can sometimes be an unnecessary burden.
#harshtruth#

Sometimes, you just need to cut off and get your head straight. You're not their saviour. Help when and where you can but don't make them fully dependent on you, especially if they are adults.

This same thing happened to my mum. Her siblings were all married with kids and she felt she still needed to help them. The story changed when she retired. They even locked her out of the village house she built.
My point is; help where you can but draw the line somewhere.

May God give you the strength you need.
Re: Is It Too Much? by EfemenaXY: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2016
sheis:
Happy New Year everyone.

Awww....Families eh? I get you completely.

It's okay love. Something will turn up soon - be positive.

Re: your original question - no. You aren't asking for too much. It's always good practice to keep something aside (no matter how little) for a rainy day.

Question for you though: Now you're inbetween jobs (I prefer using that phrase to "out of work" ), who is looking after your family & siblings? Financially I mean?

Keep this in mind, especially if they aren't starving or knocking on death's door - so when next you get a job, you won't be swayed to spend it all on them (again).

New Year, New Beginnings sister. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Too Much? by sheis: 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
@EfemenaXY, I have some savings. Thanks all.
Re: Is It Too Much? by EfemenaXY: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
sheis:
@EfemenaXY, I have some savings that is running out. I am sure I will get a job soon.
As for relationships, I just don't want to bother anymore. If it comes, fine. If it doesn't, Fine.

I'll get a job. I am sure about that. Thanks all.

No worries.

But I never mentioned anything about relationships. I was referring to your family.
Re: Is It Too Much? by Mizwisdom(f): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
The Lord is your strength

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Virgins Brides Cry On Their First Time? / Is It A Sin To Ask My Husband To Increase His Manhood Size? See epic response / Mother And Daughter Welcome Babies For Same Man In Same Month (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.