Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th (25883 Views)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Kudanis(m): 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
I don't understand why some people do say "if we play the way we did against Kenya, we'll loose". You don't approach different games with the same tactics. What i observed in super eagles is that, their game depend on the opponents. They normally step up there game whenever they play stronger teams, so the Tunisia game wouldn't be an exclusion.

Did anyone in this forum watched Tunisia game against Kenya and Mozambique? I can tell you, Tunisia won those games by LUCK. Mozambique overplayed them in their own backyard, infact i was surprised. As i said earlier games depend on how strong your opponent are, so the Tunisian will surely up game when they play the super eagles of Nigeria.

At the end of the day, Nigeria will come back home smiling.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by ow11(m): 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2009
Nigerians should learn to behave like the English when supporting their team. It is one of few things that unite us. Come rain or shine, I support Super Eagles and will be rooting for them when they attempt to take 3 points of the Carthage Eagles.

UP SUPER EAGLES!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
fuckmedown:

i wished i wasn't born to be a Nigerian, i swear i am re grating the fact that i was born to be a Nigerian, u all need to go kill Ur selves cause Tunisia will win Nigeria nothing less than 4-0. peace out tongue

Solutions:

[list]
[li]Jump in the river Niger.[/li]
[li]Slash you wrist.[/li]
[li]Hang your neck from your fan.[/li]
[/list]

Once you go like this, you have a chance at your next coming to be from another country. No need to live a life full of regrets.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Okwyjesus(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2009
we cant afford not to pick three point in Tunisia and lead the table. Anything less than a win will place Nigeria on a very tight corner. But we need more experienced players like Mikel and Yobo especially in defence,defensive midfield will be the best for Mikel instead of 10. Tunisia no be kenya but we can win them if we wish.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Sagamite(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
As much as I am seeing people saying Kalu Uche is playing well in midfield, I still think we lack an imposing midfield and Olofinjana is not the problem.

Enyeama

Apam                             Yobo                                    Adeleye                               Echejile

Odemwingie                           Mikel                            Olofinjana                             Taiwo

Ike Uche

Nsofor

Wing Attack.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Marlbron: 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2009
I was impressed with the eagles against france. They simply outclassed france, with strong mid and defense. If we play like that against Tunisia we will carry the day
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by dominique(f): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2009
@sagamite
but you have to admit, olofijana can be too sluggish in the mid-field, bringing in Kanu early in the second half will make a lot of difference.

Ccomputers:

Tunisia will not be as hard as we think but Nigeria has not gotten the right team for this world cup.

We need just a mid fielder and then blend it with our young boys then let them stay together for like 1 month and u will see that no team will beat Nigeria.

just a mid-fielder
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Sagamite(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2009
dominique:

@sagamite
but you have to admit, olofijana can be too sluggish in the mid-field, bringing in Kanu early in the second half will make a lot of difference.

just a mid-fielder

I really don't think so.

Olofinjana has acted as the uncelebrated disruptor in the France and Kenya game, and as a long-range distributor (it was his beautiful pass to Uche that led to the goal against France). He has done very well in disrupting the flow of the opposition to the point they have to start moves all over again.

Kanu plays the more attacking option in midfield where he shields the ball, takes out an opposition overhead (or two) and does short-range distribution that is incisive.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
I think we have to get used to the fact that we dont have an okocha right now

I prefer the midfield of Sani Keita and Ajilore in the Olympics

our two midfielders should just a protective shield for the back four while play with pacee players up front as Siasia did in the Olympics

When will they introduce Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi to super eagles
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Cristalz(f): 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
Kanu coming on early 2nd half is like a default thing, whether he decides to function as a defender or as the goalie. As long as he's in there. grin Our lucky charm,lol.
Love the way defenders are scared to mark him 'cos he goes down and gets free kicks at the slightest touch, and they are also scared to not mark him 'cos he will definitely cause some sneaky havoc.

I just want Nsofor and Nwanneri to start, along with Osaze and the Uche brothers.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by ekitikan(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2009
i really dont think the super eagles should be written off,i hope most NL watched the carthage eagels against the mambas,the mambas gave the carthage eagles a real fight (i was there alive),the carthage eagles are not that fantastic a team and i believe the super eagles would give them a run for their money.
the weather and the condition of the stadium pitch would be favorable to the super eagles,i watched the game against kenya and i am not too impressed with the perfomance of the team but let it be known that their are some conditions that where not perfect,although that is not enough reason to churn out such perfomance but then i still know that the super eagles would be able to get a good result in tunisia,i will be satisfied with a score draw i.e 2-2,3-3, just so they score and we score back,make the match no end 1-1 oh but 2-2 go good then we get an outright win in abuja.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by buffead(f): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
i hope ait shows da match
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Cristalz(f): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2009
AIT Naija will definitely show.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by ow11(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2009
Cristalz:

Kanu coming on early 2nd half is like a default thing, whether he decides to function as a defender or as the goalie. As long as he's in there. grin Our lucky charm,lol.
Love the way defenders are scared to mark him 'cos he goes down and gets free kicks at the slightest touch, and they are also scared to not mark him 'cos he will definitely cause some sneaky havoc.

I just want Nsofor and Nwanneri to start, along with Osaze and the Uche brothers.

If you saw the Mozambique game, you would understand why Sam Sodje is in the squad. That guy is shyte!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by nich(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2009
i am ready for the match. when i enter that midfield, chai! infact tunisia go know say no be only big names dey can sabi play.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Olaolufred(m): 8:16am On Jun 16, 2009
This is a deciding match.
Though i want Eagles to fly.
But i would not raise my hope for nothing.
If they win, To God be the glory.
If not, to Amodu be the shame.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by naso2(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2009
I think SE will cary the day, provided amodu makes the right team selection,right initial strategy and good match reading know-how. I sincerely hope that he swallows his pride and play some of the experienced boys like yobo,taiwo and mikel and possibley ogbuke

I also pray that tunisia does not play like egypt did yesterday against brasil or else we will be in serious trouble.

I will favour this team selection

Eyeama

olubayo yobo adeleye taiwo

mikel olofijana

kanu
ogbuke osaze

uche
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by vikiviko(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2009
We'll get a deserved result.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Oluschenco(m): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2009
Forget about Nigerian matches and let me sabi when the Champions League will commence
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Sagamite(m): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2009
na_so:

I think SE will cary the day, provided amodu makes the right team selection,right initial strategy and good match reading know-how. I sincerely hope that he swallows his pride and play some of the experienced boys like yobo,taiwo and mikel and possibley ogbuke

I also pray that tunisia does not play like egypt did yesterday against brasil or else we will be in serious trouble.

I will favour this team selection

Eyeama

olubayo yobo adeleye taiwo

mikel olofijana

kanu
ogbuke osaze

uche

Good team selection but I don't think Ogbuke is available for this match.

And if he was, I think I will use Kalu Uche first and then bring Kalu in later as impact player.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by philip0906(m): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2009
Oluschenco:

Forget about Nigerian matches and let me sabi when the Champions League will commence

grin grin
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by naso2(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2009
Sagamite:

And if he was, I think I will use Kalu Uche first and then bring Kalu in later as impact player.

But I thought ogbuke is now fit and travelled with the team. We really need attackers that will so trouble the tunisian defense that they too will be very cautious at the back and attack us less.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by waledoy(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2009
AIT Naija will definitely show.
Sure

yeah correct
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Jarus(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2009
The match against Carthage Eagles in Rades is no doubt the decider of who eventually goes to SA. I'm somehow confident that Eagles will carry the day, but it's going to be tough no doubt.

Kanu remains our joker. I hope Amodu will introduce him as early as 46th minute.

I want to see this team:

. . . . . . . . . . .Enyeama. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Apam. . . .Yobo. . . .Adeleye. . . . . . Taiwo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Olofinjana . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . Kalu Uche. . . . . . . . Mikel . . . . . .

Osaze. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ike Uche

. . . . . . . . . . . Utaka . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I know a lot of people will disagree with my putting Utaka at Top-striker, but I'm somehow not convinced with the ability of all the Akpalas and Eneramos of this world. If Utaka is not delivering, then Nsofor may replace him.

Of course, by second half, depending on the trend of the game, Kanu can come in for either Mikel or Kalu Uche, whoever is not performing or if both are having fine game, Olofinjana should be replaced and Mikel goes to '4' and formation changed to 4-2-1-3.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by naso2(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2009
Jarus:

The match against Carthage Eagles in Rades is no doubt the decider of who eventually goes to SA. I'm somehow confident that Eagles will carry the day, but it's going to be tough no doubt.

Kanu remains our joker. I hope Amodu will introduce him as early as 46th minute.

I want to see this team:

. . . . . . . . . . .Enyeama. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Apam. . . .Yobo. . . .Adeleye. . . . . . Taiwo

. . . . . . . . . . . . Olofinjana . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . Kalu Uche. . . . . . . . Mikel . . . . . .

Osaze. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ike Uche

. . . . . . . . . . . Utaka . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I know a lot of people will disagree with my putting Utaka at Top-striker, but I'm somehow not convinced with the ability of all the Akpalas and Eneramos of this world. If Utaka is not delivering, then Nsofor may replace him.

Of course, by second half, depending on the trend of the game, Kanu can come in for either Mikel or Kalu Uche, whoever is not performing or if both are having fine game, Olofinjana should be replaced and Mikel goes to '4' and formation changed to 4-2-1-3.

If ogbuke is not available then I agree with ur choice of utaka 100% I thought I was alone. provided we are not playing him as a winger.

However I think kanu should start instead of the traditional 2nd half introduction because when the game starts , we will need boys that can keep the ball and force the tunisians to commit fouls. That kind of frustration will just be the perfect way to start with the tunisians before their home crowd. SO I replace kalu uche with kanu.

i will also prefer olubayo to apam because apam is always tensed in big matches
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by eboweme: 11:21am On Jun 16, 2009
One  need a slide rule to predict matches involving super eagles, these boys are bunch of swollen headed brats without the desired commitment. This might be our greatest undoing! If we can pick players  with the right spirit we are sure of carrying the day come 20th june. This is borne of the fact that little success come into their heads. One may be forced to ask which of our players earn more than Drogba, Essien, Eto, e'tal yet when these players are doning their country's  colour they put in their all.
However our football administrator are not less guilty of the offence am accussing the eagles of. They need to have a rethink & start doing things rightly.
Other countries are catching up with us because they are doing things that we are not doing!
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by fyneguy: 11:39am On Jun 16, 2009
I also like to see Kanu in the first half but 2nd half is better as Kanu will ensure we watch a pressure-free half to the end.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Jarus(m): 11:40am On Jun 16, 2009
eboweme:

One need a slide rule to predict matches involving super eagles, these boys are bunch of swollen headed brats without the desired commitment. This might be our greatest undoing! If we can pick players with the right spirit we are sure of carrying the day come 20th june. This is borne of the fact that little success come into their heads. One may be forced to ask which of our players earn more than Drogba, Essien, Eto, e'tal yet when these players are doning their country's colour they put in their all.
However our football administrator are not less guilty of the offence am accussing the eagles of. They need to have a rethink & start doing things rightly.
Other countries are catching up with us because they are doing things that we are not doing!
Good contribution there.
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by Wingie(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2009
To be candid, We need some one like Taiye Taiwo at the left side and we also need person like Yobo to complete our Back soldiers
Re: Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th by otokx(m): 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
We can win the match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23)

Okocha Graces Europa League Game Between Former Clubs Fenerbahce, Frankfurt / PSG offered Neymar to Manchester United but they turned him down / List Of Super Eagles Players Invited For Game Against Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.