Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos (706 Views)

Precious Sonia Chikwendu: EFCC's Statement On The Detention Of Fani-kayode Wife / Kaduna Youths Drag Body Of Shiite Member Through Refuse (Photos) / Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Commander, Capture Ring Leader [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by dainformant(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
Activists in Canada assembled in front of the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa today to protest the military attack on the Shiite Muslims in Zaria, Nigeria. The rally began with numerous chants condemning the detention of Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky. Protesters chanted slogans such as "Nigerian army and Boko Haram are the same, the only difference is the name.", "Long live Zakzaky", Free free Zakzaky"

Protesters young and old stood strong in the harsh weather conditions standing up for the rights of humanity. The protesters endured it all to continue the mission of Truth and Justice in the footstep of Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/12/activists-gather-in-canada-to-protest.html

Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by dapaiks: 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
h
Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by dulaman: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
G
Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
I used to think Buhari an Islamic extremist,but with the recent clamp down on the shiites and the terrorist elements,I think I'm beginning to redress my view.

2 Likes

Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by Achuwa1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
As it stands now,nigeria dont have any reputation left internationally coz of the dictatorial activity of mr president by disobeying court order & the activities of the nigeria army by unjustly killing civilians tht are protesting
Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by dustmalik: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
I used to think Buhari an Islamic extremist,but with the recent clamp down on the shiites and the terrorist elements,I think I'm beginning to redress my view.
Buhari is not an extremist, neither is he a Sunni as some have been saying. The truth is, true Muslims don't recognise Shi'a or Sunni. A true Muslim is simply a Muslim, and nothing more. Shiites and Sunnis are the problem of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by ZhulFiqar: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
dustmalik:

Buhari is not an extremist, neither is he a Sunni as some have been saying. The truth is, true Muslims don't recognise Shi'a or Sunni. A true Muslim is simply a Muslim, and nothing more. Shiites and Sunnis are the problem of Islam.

Whether you admit to call yourself Sunni or Shia, the fact remains that there is no escape from it. You either practice Islam according to Shia school of thought and beliefs or according to the Sunnis' schools of thought and beliefs.

This how Islam this. The fundamental beliefs are the same. The interpretations and one fundamental belief (Imamate which Shias adhere to and Sunnis do not) set Muslims apart.

1 Like

Re: Activists Gather In Canada To Protest The Detention Of Shiite Leader. Photos by ErasmusCOMP: 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
This is serious! Bad publicity is not what our president needs now.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Olisa Metuh In Court Today / See Photos #FREEZAKZAKY Protest In Kano By Youth / Mr & Miss Imo Students 2016 2nd Edition Is Here Again!! Pick Your Forms!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.