Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Visit To Re-captured Boko Haram Area - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Re-captured Boko Haram Area (590 Views)

Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano / My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) / Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Re-captured Boko Haram Area by amnesty7: 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
NB: I had earlier posted this 4 days ago without the accompanying pictures.
I had an important wedding to attend yesterday 26th December, 2015 at Mubi, Adamawa State. Fellow Nairalanders could recall that the state is among the three worst hit by BH. In fact a lot of villages and some major towns like Mubi, Hong and Song were actually taken over by the insurgents and their flags erected there. I saw how schools and govt properties were burnt down, bridges destroyed and many, many houses were simply abandoned by their occupants who had to flee to safer places like Yola. Motorists have to drive through the bush where a bridge was destroyed (as in the pictures). It was however very heartening to see how life is gradually returning to normal after our gallant military have recaptured the area. Markets are full, places of worship well attended. Since the Christmas fell on Friday, seeing both christians and muslims attending their respective places of worship feeling secured was indeed very encouraging. At a mosque we waited and prayed in a village, the people were seeing going about their business unparturbed. Many banks that were destroyed had been renovated. Ditto local govt properties. On a lighter but serious note, igbo people in the area are a very persistent people. With all the trouble that bedevilled the area, they remained with the locals running their businesses. I left the northeast to my base very happy with what I saw, except the bad roads we had to endure from Gombe through Adamawa. May the Almighy God help our government in this fight against insurgency and help the hard working, good people of Nigeria to live in peace and security. Amin.
Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala

Re: My Visit To Re-captured Boko Haram Area by bolseas(f): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Amen! Kudos to our brave soldiers.

May God comfort the families of the victims and the soldiers who lost their lives.

God bless NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Re-captured Boko Haram Area by Jskelly11: 12:18am On Jan 01, 2016
Sai Nigerian armforces
Re: My Visit To Re-captured Boko Haram Area by Enahi(f): 7:06am On Jan 01, 2016
Are you related to Lai Mohammed please upload pictures of Churchs and mosques filled with people.

Besides d pictures you posted doesn't clarify anything and d places look deserted.

(1) (Reply)

Sweden New Border Checks: Traveller Experiences / Visiting An Ancient Site? Here Are 5 Helpful Tips / Thread For Nursing And Prospective Nursing Students In USA Or Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.