Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue (2264 Views)

Onyeka Nwelue Criticizes Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees Over Old Age / Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) / On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by HungerBAD: 1:27am On Jan 01, 2016
I follow this guy on Facebook, and also copied this from his Facebook post now.

He is a very intelligent guy,a great writer and one day will be celebrated like Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe.

Please read:

Biafra: an Imaginary Homeland.

Let me tell you why Biafra will not happen. This is my personal opinion. It may not count to you, because you believe in Biafra, but let me go ahead and sound insensitive and say what I want to say.

I took about 3 people on a tour of the Nwapa Plantation in Oguta. We talked about cultures and why Igbo people need to restrategise. For the most part, all of us are Igbo but we spoke in English. One of us can't really speak Igbo fluently. Infact, we had just walked out of the Nwapa house where I met some of Sir Christopher Nwapa's grandchildren; I spoke to two - one is 16 and yet, he has not read Efuru, written by his aunt. He said to me in a quirky American accent, 'My mom has read the book.' He is sixteen. The other, a much older girl said she has read the book. They haven't read anything else from Flora. I shuddered.

Here I am, on the road, for over 6 months, working on documenting the story of Flora Nwapa and the kids who come directly from her family and should show off, are not even interested in what the future holds. These are Igbo children - the dream of Biafra comes from these.
Nigeria's leading social anthropologist, Professor Ikenna Nzimiro is from Oguta.

Igbo people have long decided to blame others for their failure to succeed. I will tell you one thing that we discussed this night: who has benefited more from the Nigerian Project? I will tell you, the Igbo people.

Unfortunately, it is only an Igbo man who will go to another man's land and build a house on it. Yoruba and Hausa people can't and won't come to Enugu and build homes. Or houses. Raise structures. Igbo people do that. With so much pride, yet, they scream when they are discriminated. If you want to be taken seriously in life, stick to what has been given to you. Doesn't make sense? I am coming.

Oguta is the only 'developed' village in the South East. The plan of Oguta was done in the 50s by people like Justice SBC Obiora, who died at the age of 52. When Chinua Achebe lived on Ogbuide Road in Oguta, he knew that this town was way more developed than any other town anywhere else in the world. Flora Nwapa built the General Hospital in Oguta, which today doesn't look like there are humans there - overgrown grass and dirty and cobwebbed. The Igbos look outside their homes for validation. An Igbo man will rather please a stranger so he could be glorified.

There is no single bank in Oguta. There is no electricity in Oguta. Do you know? Yet, they have had the longest serving Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I am not here to spite my people, but how are we going to rule ourselves in Biafra when we killed our own Emeka Aseme and threw his body into a gutter to decompose? Just because he was humble and was trying to bring mega-development to Oguta?

I have over-heard people call Njiko Carnival, Charly Boy Carnival, because they faintly believe in it. Only an Igbo man will distrust an Igbo man.

Biafra will not happen. I will not let it happen. I will take my voice, my own voice to the United Nations and show them images of the roads in Imo State, which is governed by Igbo people and tell the world what Igbo people are doing to themselves.

Nigeria is not better, but Biafra won't work. Just like Soyinka said - the average Nigerian mind is a heaving hive of riotous fecundity, largely, alas, straining to give birth to the next monstrosity of a lie.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by LoveMachine(m): 1:41am On Jan 01, 2016
Well dang. Tell 'em how you feel!

1 Like

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by porshuch: 1:47am On Jan 01, 2016
Weldon oga Onyii! Respect man.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Awoofawo(m): 1:51am On Jan 01, 2016
Bro HungerBad go find food to chop!!! E don do, let enjoy the new year small time without bad belle angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by babyfaceafrica: 2:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Will they hear?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Living4christ(m): 3:46am On Jan 01, 2016
I won't even waste time to explain any thin to u, but if u say u will not see Biafra come, u are wishing urself untimely death oh, because sooner very soon Biafra will emerge, if u don't like it hug transformer, hand itself or do any related one gudnite

2 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by ElekeNtioba: 4:07am On Jan 01, 2016
yes, Igbo has benefited and still benefits from Nigerian project. But are we going to deny dat d Igbo spirit and drive for excellence is being inhibitted by Nigeria. The failure of leadership in Igboland can be traced to problems bedeviling Nigeria. Pre-independence time we had a system dat produce leaders accountable to us but now we are beset with a political system (aided by malpractises) dat produces vagabonds like T.A orji and co.

Nigeria has failed to articulate d hopes and dreams of her citizens and since reforms are not forthcoming, only a clean break can bring out d best in Igboland.

Those who fail to see how d nigerian system has failed Igbos will never see any good in Biàfra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by BALLOSKI: 4:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Biafra lives on nairaland. Seun is the owner of biafra while , nnamdi kanu aka ezebuiro nwakaenyi is the dilektor genela of biafla.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Awoofawo(m): 6:45am On Jan 01, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Excellence in Crime!!! I hail o!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
ElekeNtioba:
yes, Igbo has benefited and still benefits from Nigerian project. But are we going to deny dat d Igbo spirit and drive for excellence is being inhibitted by Nigeria. The failure of leadership in Igboland can be traced to problems bedeviling Nigeria. Pre-independence time we had a system dat produce leaders accountable to us but now we are beset with a political system (aided by malpractises) dat produces vagabonds like T.A orji and co.

Nigeria has failed to articulate d hopes and dreams of her citizens and since reforms are not forthcoming, only a clean break can bring out d best in Igboland.

Those who fail to see how d nigerian system has failed Igbos will never see any good in Biàfran.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by omenka(m): 6:55am On Jan 01, 2016
Not a good way to start off the New Year for IPOB guys. cheesy

Onyeka must be a Yoruba woman. smiley

Happy new year HungerBad. Been a while. Were you thrown in the Pen?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Pavore9: 7:09am On Jan 01, 2016
A nice reflection.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by HungerBAD: 7:32am On Jan 01, 2016
omenka:

Yes oh my brother.

Happy New Year.
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Yhinkss(m): 8:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Bia,fraud is a fraud. This we already know

3 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by CltrAltDel: 8:35am On Jan 01, 2016
Masterpiece

2 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by dmater: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2016
It is becoming worrisome how some people will wake up in the new year, leave the innumerable problems bedevilling their very existence and go worrying about the Igbo people who have determined to take the bull by the horn and forge a future for themselves.
There is no doubt that some people are sore afraid of being left alone in misery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Babacele: 10:17am On Jan 01, 2016
omenka:

na yoloba woman.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by ElekeNtioba: 10:21am On Jan 01, 2016
Awoofawo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Excellence in Crime!!! I hail o!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

:p

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by ElekeNtioba: 10:26am On Jan 01, 2016
Awoofawo:

Champions league in Ibadan grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by modath(f): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2016
omenka:

Happy blessed, peaceful & glorious 2016 my bros , God be with you and all yours...

How do you guys Land in NL jail sef ?,y'all don't raise much dust or is it cos yall are both on my side of bias ? cheesy
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by anticabal1: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

hahahaha, na person head be dat.
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by anticabal1: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2016
So because the Igbo all do not think in unison like almajiris they do not have the right to agitate? Oga op leave matter. IPOB have made up their minds, and Biafra depends on the believers of Biafra not on hungerbad, not on me either.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by omenka(m): 10:43am On Jan 01, 2016
modath:

Happy blessed, peaceful & glorious 2016 my bros , God be with you and all yours...

How do you guys Land in NL jail sef ?,y'all don't raise much dust or is it cos yall are both on my side of bias ? cheesy
Happy New Year sister. You're one hell of a gem.

As regards the pen, I guess sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us, especially when attacked. I was thrown behind bars over four times in the last 40 days. Took it in my stride and decided the best thing to do when attacked is not to clap back but call the attention of Mynd44. I've learnt to respect the Rules the hard way. cheesy

Happy New Year Aminat508. Saw your other mention. smiley
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Buike8: 10:58am On Jan 01, 2016
I feel that d Igbos wud have been better off if we had secceeded in 1967 than we are now. During d civil war, the igbos produced all d weapons they used.Obunigwe was a weapon dreaded in Africa because of its lethal way of killing enemies during d war.Even Nigerian leaders,after d war requested for d blueprint of dat weapon. Up till now,Nigeria cannot even manufacture a toy gun.D igbos are good wit dere hands and ave d potential of becoming African Japanese bt Nigerian bigot leaders fail to use this advantage and tap into dis innovation spirit of d igbos. We criticize d Igbo manufactured products as fake or aba-made bt dey are d only tribe in 9jiria DAT attempt to engage in value-added production even with less incentives from the FG and meagre capital dat can't support production even in developed countries.
BIAFRANS ARE DESTINED TO BE GREAT BUT D ZOO IS DRAWING US BACK.
all hail d land of d rising sun!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Lordave: 11:26am On Jan 01, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

If I were a mod, I would place a decade ban on you for making me pee my pants grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by modath(f): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
omenka:
Happy New Year sister. You're one hell of a gem.

As regards the pen, I guess sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us, especially when attacked. I was thrown behind bars over four times in the last 40 days. Took it in my stride and decided the best thing to do when attacked is not to clap back but call the attention of Mynd44. I've learnt to respect the Rules the hard way. cheesy

Happy New Year Aminat508. Saw your other mention. smiley

Thanks for the vote of confidence.... Maybe the reason i manage to avoid bans beyond sp*m bot is probably cos 95% of mentions are beyond stupid & Mo can't be bothered to reach crazies when i have beautiful minds to shape instead. .. cheesy

Check this link.... Greetings from Mo!!

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/1036

cc midolian , sonOfLucifer , francizy , AgabaI23 , Ecoterrorism , beremx ...
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by porshuch: 11:46am On Jan 01, 2016
Onyeka thanks bro, I will follow it up with you. Biafra is dead, we're about to bury it soon.
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by jayloms: 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
What can I say--the tide has been set in motion. I expect anti-biafra igbos to speak up more confidently this year.

This year will be great, regardless of the projected challenges.
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 02, 2016
modath:

Thanks for the vote of confidence.... Maybe the reason i manage to avoid bans beyond sp*m bot is probably cos 95% of mentions are beyond stupid & Mo can't be bothered to reach crazies when i have beautiful minds to shape instead. .. cheesy
Happy New Year Ma kiss kiss
May our dreams of a greater Nigeria continue to materialize this year.
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by modath(f): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Happy New Year Ma kiss kiss
May our dreams of a greater Nigeria continue to materialize this year.

Have a graceful, purposeful & prosperous 2016... All will be sweet & joyful for you. ...

Wish.i wasn't a laid back christian, would have made your anti religion a job but i am a live & let live person.. cheesy
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2016
modath:

Wish.i wasn't a laid back christian, would have made your anti religion a job but i am a live & let live person.. cheesy
My intentions are always sincere. smiley wink

You remind me of this lady. https://www.nairaland.com/jesoul . Had a warm soul just like yours.
Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by modath(f): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

My intentions are always sincere. smiley wink

You remind me of this lady. https://www.nairaland.com/jesoul . Had a warm soul just like yours.

Did she disapper ? shocked , last seen 2013.. shocked

As for being sincere, you don't have to offer anyone any explanation for your stand, you are free to align & refuse to agree with any religion, do what makes ypu happy..

I'm a christian but i myself know 90% of the problem of the world can be linked to misuse of religious edicts & teachings...I am a believer of the supremacy of God & do belong to a body of Christ but the way our MOGs preach about "giving" & "prosperity" , i would be an atheist too if not for knowing God will deal with them at the appropriate time..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2016
modath:

Did she disapper ? shocked , last seen 2013.. shocked

Used to be a moderator. Some beef with Oga SUen led to her leaving for good.

Thanks for the advice. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPINION: Any Suggestions How To Ensure Petrol Sells For 86.50 ?? / Ifeanyi Ubah: Anambra's Patron Saint Of Corruption / Epic Photo :cartoon On How Buhariis Running Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.