Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? (2795 Views)

5 Reason Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones / The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane / Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by NewsNewsBlog: 4:27am On Jan 01, 2016
APPLE'S iPhone continues to dominate the smartphone market, filling six spots in the top 10 devices of the year.

If you're a keen Android user, you should probably avoid reading the latest list of top selling smartphones in 2015.
According to price comparison service USwitch, Apple's iPhone range dominated the top 10.
Apple's hugely successful smartphone took up six spots in the top 10 best-sellers of 2015.
The news comes after Android fans bombarded Apple's first app in the Google Play Store with negative reviews, blasting its users as "iSheep".

USwitch has revealed the best-selling smartphones on its price comparison website over the last year

The most popular smartphone of the last year was the Apple iPhone 6 with 16GB of internal storage, according to the USwitch data.
It's followed by the iPhone 5S and Apple's latest, the iPhone 6S.
In fact, the first non-Apple device to make the top 10 is Samsung's award-winning Galaxy S6, which is in fifth place.
Unbelievably – only Apple and Samsung feature in the best-sellers list, with no signs of smartphones from the likes of HTC, LG, Sony or Motorola.
Read more >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2015/12/is-this-real-reason-android-users-hate.html#0

1 Like

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by papadjaji: 4:50am On Jan 01, 2016
I can only get worried if the assessment is non-human.
As far as I am concerned, its just Uswitch's opinion.

10 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Ameboperoo(m): 7:14am On Jan 01, 2016
This can only be from another iwriter who thinks everyone is an ireader. Only the isheep will believe this itrash.

31 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by falcon01: 8:39am On Jan 01, 2016
ishit on iphone imcheew

8 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Idrisenagi: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2016
Even as a iphone user i so much respect Android than IOS, only the phone freaks will tell this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2016
Ameboperoo:
This can only be from another iwriter who thinks everyone is an ireader.
Only the isheep will believe this itrash.

I don't use iPhone, but this is no trash. I mean what do u expect? IPhone will ways be the no 1 selling smartphone, not because they are the best phones but because they have a huge fanbase and they release only 2 iphones a year.

Let's look at it critically, there are 4 groups of smartphone users. IOS, Android, BlackBerry and windows users. Android has the highest users but they also have scores of Android manufacturers and hundreds of Android phones are released in a year. Android smartphone sales are shared among the scores of manufacturers. Now Samsung also releases about 4 flagship in a year. Galaxy s6, s6 edge, s6 edge plus, note 5. Then if u add all their mid range phones u find out they release about 12 -15 phones a year. Apple on the other hand make there os and its not open source like Android. They release only 2 phones in a year, so definitely u expect them to have more sales.

Let's look at it like this. Let's say Android has 20 million fanbase and ios has just 8 million. Apples will still sell more iphones than any Android OEM, u know why? Because out of the 20 million, Samsung probably has 10 million and the remaining 10 million is shared by htc, Sony, LG, meizu, one plus, tecno, infinix, xioami, oppo, etc. Now out of Samsung 10 million, about 2 million will buy the s6, 1.5 million will buy the s6 edge, 1.5 million will buy the note 5, and 1 million will buy the s6 edge plus. Now 4 mlion will buy the countless mid range phones they release every year.

As for apple, if they have 8 million fans, then 5 million will probably buy the iPhone 6s while 3 million will buy the iPhone 6s plus. So see they will always have the highest number in single phone sales because they release less phones and their os os closed. So if u like ios, u have to buy an iPhone, u have no choice. But if u like Android u have to choose from about hundred phones released every hear.

As for windows and BlackBerry, nobody gives a sh°t about them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Ameboperoo(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2016
greenhulk:

I don't use iPhone, but this is no trash. I mean what do u expect? IPhone will ways be the no 1 selling smartphone, not because they are the best phones but because they have a huge fanbase and they release only 2 iphones a year.

Let's look at it critically, there are 4 groups of smartphone users. IOS, Android, BlackBerry and windows users. Android has the highest users but they also have scores of Android manufacturers and hundreds of Android phones are released in a year. Android smartphone sales are shared among the scores of manufacturers. Now Samsung also releases about 4 flagship in a year. Galaxy s6, s6 edge, s6 edge plus, note 5. Then if u add all their mid range phones u find out they release about 12 -15 phones a year. Apple on the other hand make there os and its not open source like Android. They release only 2 phones in a year, so definitely u expect them to have more sales.

Let's look at it like this. Let's say Android has 20 million fanbase and ios has just 8 million. Apples will still sell more iphones than any Android OEM, u know why? Because out of the 20 million, Samsung probably has 10 million and the remaining 10 million is shared by htc, Sony, LG, meizu, one plus, tecno, infinix, xioami, oppo, etc. Now out of Samsung 10 million, about 2 million will buy the s6, 1.5 million will buy the s6 edge, 1.5 million will buy the note 5, and 1 million will buy the s6 edge plus. Now 4 mlion will buy the countless mid range phones they release every year.

As for apple, if they have 8 million fans, then 5 million will probably buy the iPhone 6s while 3 million will buy the iPhone 6s plus. So see they will always have the highest number in single phone sales because they release less phones and their os os closed. So if u like ios, u have to buy an iPhone, u have no choice. But if u like Android u have to choose from about hundred phones released every hear.

I agree with you 100%.
Your analysis is clear and logical.
Android is by far the most popular os though

6 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2016
Ameboperoo:

I agree with you 100%.
Your analysis is clear and logical.
Android is by far the most popular os though

Android is the most popular os, but suffers from fragmentation. It is still the best all round os though.

3 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by donbenie(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
greenhulk:

Android is the most popular os, but suffers from fragmentation. It is still the best all round os though.
Fragmentation is just an Apple marketing speak with no real world impact on the Android ecosystem or tell me,which App or stuff will an Android device on KitKat not run successfully..

2 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by nigeriancuban: 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
the problems I have with android is this their habit of relaesing different kinds of fone like they are using their users as pawns...how can the android in less than 2½yrs have released over a million devices and they do the upgrade in such a way that even the previous one becomes immediately useless....what the hell is android one for Christ sake,and we now have marshmallow or what ever they call it...its insane
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by benedictuyi(m): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
nigeriancuban:
the problems I have with android is this their habit of relaesing different kinds of fone like they are using their users as pawns...how can the android in less than 2½yrs have released over a million devices and they do the upgrade in such a way that even the previous one becomes immediately useless....what the hell is android one for Christ sake,and we now have marshmallow or what ever they call it...its insane

the old ones aren't useless except for the really old ones
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
donbenie:
Fragmentation is just an Apple marketing speak with no real world impact on the Android ecosystem or tell me,which App or stuff will an Android device on KitKat not run successfully..

Yes, a phone running KitKat will run any app a phone running marshmallow will run. So then why would they keep releasing updates every year? People want the latest, sometimes with just minute changes but it feels good to have the latest os. Iphones updates are instant, and its available for st least 2 generations before the current generations. Android on the other hand takes several months for a year old phone to get updated to the latest. If ur phone is 2 years old, good luck getting it updated unless it's a nexus device. This is not Google's fault, its the fault of OEMs that add skin to their phones.

This does not affect Android sales, what I actually meant by fragmentation is there are too many Android phone makers and too many Android phones released in a year. So even if total Android sales is 100 million and total iPhone sales is 40 million, iphones will still be the highest selling single phone. When u divide 100 million by 20 OEMs, then divide that by more than 150 Android phones released in a year, then tell me how a single Android phone can match the sales of a single iPhone that release only 2 phones in a year by just one company.

The result would have been better if every Android OEM can emulate Google. Google release just one phone a year, recently they made it 2. If Samsung can start releasing 5 phones a year instead of 20, if Sony can stop releasing a new flagship every 6 months, if htc can start releasing less phones, then we would have a fairer result.
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
nigeriancuban:

Now that's what I'm talking about. It's like every OEM are chasing each other. Samsung alone release 20-30 Android phones a year. Out of those only about 6 would see update.
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by odinese(m): 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
ipersonally idont have any business with ishits!

ishit users are so obsessed with android iusers
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by lekjons(m): 12:54am On Jan 02, 2016
Na USwitch be dat..

Make dem come do am for NGwitch.
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by PhonePlanet(m): 2:08am On Jan 02, 2016
greenhulk:

I Give a sh•t bout windows....
But prefer ios...then android on nexus phones before windows....

Its only blackberry I don't give a sh•t bout.
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by PhonePlanet(m): 2:42am On Jan 02, 2016
nigeriancuban:
Hello! Let me help to drag you out of your confusion...

Android is the OS not the phone or phone maker. So android does not release all kinds of phone, rather the phone makers do.

The first reason is, Android is free! And therefore any human who can build a phone making company can use android os on its device! No matter how useless the phone it makes are.

Android have no standards! I don't think it has rules and regulations self (just exaggerating) so a manufacture can make any type of device he wants and fix android in it!

So I as a manufacturer would want to release an high end phone! A medium class and a low end phone, and some other phones that fall in-between..let's say altogether 7 phones. Plus the increasing number of Phone manufacturers let's say 150. 7 x 150 = 1050. So what you get is 1050 new phones running android a year considering they release only 7 phones a year. But we both know manufactures release more than triple times 7 phones a year and phone manufacturers are far above 150.

As for upgrades...well...that's not google or android fault (even if it is technically or indirectly) Google updates previous nexus(Google own phones) phones when a new update is out! But because android is open source(meaning is editable by anybody), each manufacturer has edited their own android to work 'better' for their phones (even if sometimes it turns out worse) and they do this for each and every model. So when a new update is out, each manufacturer has to start all over again tweaking the os to work for their phones...they end up only doing this on few of their devices before its becomes late and sometimes they could not be done before another update is out!

Android One is just a programme. A partnership between a particular phone manufacturer and Google. What this does is that the Android os would be preloaded on the manufacturer phone untouched, just as it is, nothing changed, nothing edited, And google itself (not the manufacturer) would be in charge of updating the device. And one more advantage is, the device would be more affordable than rivals.

This is why the infinix hot 2 has some missing stuffs like - No file manager. Android OS originally does not come with a file manger. Every Android phones that has one, has been edited by the manufacturer. So when the next update comes, the manufacturer would have to put a file manger again! And every other thing it edited in it. If your manufacturer finds this as too much work and waste of resources.....your phone would never get updates!

Android Marshmallow is Android 6th main version, and the update for 2015. Incase you don't know, Lollipop was released in 2014!

If you want to buy a good phone that keeps updates at your door step, get a Google nexus, aside from that I can only recommend HTC, tho it would not come on time, but they are always the first and the update a wider range of devices.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by VhatAmazingDude: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2016
I will check the list first.
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Norman4real(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2016
That survey is probably limited to the USA. As far as i know, android phones dominate in almost every part of the world.
There will come a time when iphones will be left only for the show-offs.
Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by dukeo(m): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2016
papadjaji:

God bless you both, no one could have said it any better

Ameboperoo:
This can only be from another iwriter who thinks everyone is an ireader.
Only the isheep will believe this itrash.
papadjaji:

God bless you both

1 Like

Re: Is This The REAL Reason Android Users HATE Apple's Iphone? by Gentledammie(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2016
iPhone 4S for sale 19k negotiable
Call or whatsapp me : 08067837447

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 7 Curvier Screen Is The Ideal Samsung Killer / TECNO Camon C9 Non-techie Review By Mobilityarena.com / Camon C9 Eyeprint Verification Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.