Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN (24228 Views)

NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions / N1.04 Trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine-mtn / 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by feezy(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN think say na beans ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked dem no see NNAMDI KANU case ni..... MThen hmmmm we dey expect VERIZON AS UNA NAME NEXT

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by xtervaganza(m): 8:59am On Jan 01, 2016
Dem must pay
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Coolcash1: 9:00am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN go pay your fine...Useless network...

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by endtimesblog: 9:00am On Jan 01, 2016
Buchukwu:
Lol mtn is not afraid of the zoo president, paedophile, child rapist and a terrorist buhari's body odour.

4 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by opineflu(m): 9:01am On Jan 01, 2016
Mtn b very careful...na new yr o...it 2016 choi
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Coolcash1: 9:03am On Jan 01, 2016
Buchukwu:
Lol mtn is not afraid of the zoo president, paedophile, child rapist and a terrorist buhari's body odour.

IPOD rat o ya RECEIVE SENSE

3 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by feldido(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2016
I really dunno what else NCC will do than to wait till the court decides or it seems they want to toe the line of the President (damn the court)
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Obas101(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2016
Mtn get mind sha.. We are really going to lose face if we don't challenge them about this

3 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by ZACHIE: 9:05am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN has something up its sleeves.
They forsee a massive disruption of communication all over the country and they firmly believe that Government cannot afford such meltdown.
Perhaps, the fear of such unpleasantness is what is emboldening on this intransigence.
But, they are wrong.

This President is a KURUMA....Hausa call them deaf and dumb.

Baba no send.

We wait.

3 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Franchise21(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2016
Buchukwu:
Even in this new yr, ur level of thinking ought to hv stepped up... I just wonder where u go from here!!!

3 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Tinyemeka(m): 9:08am On Jan 01, 2016
Chai!

And I paid N2,500 for 4.5GB just a few mins ago. Let my data not enter one chance O!
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by kushe: 9:09am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN will be foolish to pay this fine. Why should one company pay for a whole country's collective myopia and inability to diversify its economy. I have always maintained this stand and I am in no way connected to mtn. Read my previous posts before you spew trash. Nigerian youth,get brain in the new year,your apc govt are lecturing you on extortion 101 and the Acts of a government so thirsty for power but lacking in the means to rule.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by hustler86(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2016
Wetin dem wan use d money do sef? I smell fraud, NCC shld mandate MTN to gve free 10gb to each of their customer for 6months then I'll knw MTN has really been sactioned. Not this undefined trillion of naira fine. wink
#myopinion #happynewyear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Rekeb: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2016
Why is NCC in a hurry. This case will ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court. That is the rule of law!!!

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by codedguy1(m): 9:22am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN should be fined for not paying the initial fine.

What if they go to court and lose. Na double wahala be that ooo.

MTN don sign - anything wey wan happen make e happen.

It will affect MTN seriously if they pay this fine, on the other hand if they don't then the FG will be looked at as a barking dog that can't bite and sets a precedence that aint exactly palatable to us as a country.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by tivta(m): 9:25am On Jan 01, 2016
Mtn seeking for justice in the law court when nigeria is in a semi democracy? Very bad idea...

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by just2endowed: 9:25am On Jan 01, 2016
They should stop them from making customer recharge there cards.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by philips70(m): 9:31am On Jan 01, 2016
Buchukwu:

The laughable thing here is, the director that taught you all this cannot even say these words again in his mind at the moment. He's just there imagining what made him that stupid.

4 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by mradjoy(m): 9:32am On Jan 01, 2016
donbag:
this so sad , mtn i dnt belive i didnt spend dine on any fuckin sub.Mtn Introduces New Weekend Data 3GB For 300 Nair After rated request, I decided to make this tutorial about how to use OpenVPN on your android device to surf the web with either Mtn bblite subscription, Mtn music plus or Etisalat chatpack Unlimited tick. If you are new to OpenVPN you might need to read the whole story over and over again and make sure you follow the step[b] ... Read More[/b]
Airtel Unlimited Night Plan For Heavy Downloaders

Quoting you for future reference, BTW why has MTN failed to pay up after all my begging and persuasions? Ah mojawo loroyin o eMpTyheN. You're playing with fire
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by jonced(m): 9:32am On Jan 01, 2016
This new govt should respect the judiciary if not we r in trouble. The court is the last hope of the common man. If a case has been filed in court, then the status quo remains until judgement is passed. So MTN cannot be disrupted until the case is determined in court. Anyone that is supporting this govt wanton disregard for the judiciary, should not complain when you or someone close to you is treated unfairly and the courts are powerless to do anything. The dragon that we are supporting to unleash now will soon consume us all. A word is enough for the wise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by MistarT(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2016
I've been sending messages since morning to other MTN lines via my etisalat line but the response have been getting is "sending failed" and airtime deducted.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by philips70(m): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2016
kushe:
MTN will be foolish to pay this fine. Why should one company pay for a whole country's collective myopia and inability to diversify its economy. I have always maintained this stand and I am in no way connected to mtn. Read my previous posts before you spew trash. Nigerian youth,get brain in the new year,your apc govt are lecturing you on extortion 101 and the Acts of a government so thirsty for power but lacking in the means to rule.

You are exporting foolishness from 2015 into 2016. Have you read the rules of engagement and the conditions attached to the Sim card registration which MTN and others signed?
Did Nigeria just wake up and slam fines on them without breaking a law that stipulates certain amount of fine? Must everything be about APC and PDP to you? Wake up in 2016.

5 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Chibuzoc(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2016
Una won use mtn money fund una budget abi, God pass una.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by PHIPEX(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2016
I hope it is not another mark of lack of respect for the court is playing out here. What is the essence of insisting on paying the fine if you have submitted yourself to the legal process in court? What happens if MTN pays and wins in court?

MTN blundered but our govt is about to commit bigger blunder all in a bid to finance 2016 budget. The govt is about to embarrase itself and make MTN buy favour and global sympathy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by vecman22(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2016
Acidosis:
Where is that pathetic boko haram Minister?

Today is 1st Jan., 2016 and many Nigerians including YOU Sir, made sound calls to their love ones. Nigeria did not burn, MTN has not closed shop.

MTN will not pay that fine to augment your inabilities to generate common budget. Go and work for your money; no FREE food for a non-innovative government.

If you've got no further ideas, distribute cutlasses and hoe to almajiris, especially the sai baba crew and let everybody go and FARM.

Refusal to reduce that fine to a barest minimum is an evidence of LONG THROAT.

Ipob idiot...your frustration is yet to start o,that one you pple call Kanu "in Baba's voice " most die in jail.... tongue

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Chibuzoc(m): 9:38am On Jan 01, 2016
I thought the zoo is a lawless society. No respect for law
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Rexnegro(m): 9:39am On Jan 01, 2016
HDee:
They just gave out scholarships, pls the govt should be lenient
so slashing the fine isn't lenient enough Abi MUMU....
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Chibuzoc(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2016
If mtn no pay, hunger go finish some pple
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by HDee(m): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2016
Rexnegro:
so slashing the fine isn't lenient enough Abi MUMU....
Easy there dude, I was just airing my opinion, same as yours, why the insult and bitterness? Pls I beg you, don't begin this way
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Acidosis(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2016
vecman22:

Ipob idiot...your frustration is yet to start o,that one you pple call Kanu "in Baba's voice " most die in jail.... tongue

I'm not IPod

I'm Yoruba north central and I live in the South West; same land Tinubu controls puppets like you.

I won't die in jail, instead I will live to torment and dominate people like you who have refused to apply commonsense to sensitive issues.

3 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by mradjoy(m): 9:49am On Jan 01, 2016
kushe:
Why should MTN be singled out for exoneration?

Other networks flouted and paid up their fines even the indigenous one among them did.
So why should MTN flouted same law and expect to be left off the hook?

I believe you have not been reading news to know that MTN lines were mainly used by criminals e.g. kidnappers, vandals and pirates to perpetrate their evil acts, thereby making it difficult for authorities to catch them because their lines weren't registered.

Just few days ago, this MTN mast was found housing radio Biafra's broadcasting whatever!

MTN cup is full, since they can't comply with this simple rule of disconnecting unregistered lines because of their selfish economic gains, then let them face the music.

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Rexnegro(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2016
HDee:
Easy there dude, I was just airing my opinion, same as yours, why the insult and bitterness? Pls I beg you, don't begin this way
am sorry bro...most nigeria hate MTN like me so since they messed up we want them to pay the full fine before, but govt/ncc has been lenient so was surprise to read u said govt should be lenient again...Abi MTN dey pay u for sympathising for em?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month / Union Bank 100 Years Celebration Music Video / See Billionaire Bill Gate's House.. It Is Worth $147.5 Million Dollars! (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.