Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? (2765 Views)

FBN Fixed Income Fund / Trading In MTN Shares Suspended After $5.2bn Nigerian Fine / Offshore Investment In Fixed Income Market Now $12bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? by babalawo(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2009
@ all
I am starting this trend to get incisive views about the asset class-BONDS/FIXED INCOMES.

The current financial crises has seen a lot of activities in global bond market as a result of investor's "Flight to safety" and I will like to know the trend in Nigeria.

How deep is our bond market? which companies in Nigeria are the household name in the bond market,any Nigerian PRIMCO?

Has the Nigerian corporate market explored the possibility of the debt market as against the Capital market?
I have decided to use above average terms here to provoke the level of discuss that I really want on this tread but also interested greenhorns are welcome  to ask questions.

Thank you for your support.
Re: Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? by jaygiant(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hello,
I'm a green horn and would like to know what you have found out about the Nigerian bond market
Re: Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? by feelamong(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2012
I have tried making enquiries on this thru my bankers and Brokers but I was informed that they only accept N50M as minimum to purchase FGN bonds for me... >:

After querrying the MD of a bank over this issue He stated that the issue is becos our Stock exchange is not robust enough to trade in Bonds....So there is no window for retail bond trading like we have for Stocks. It means that thse big banks and discount houses buy up the bonds and also sell to them selves in the 'OTC' market.

Well; as for me I have moved on to only Tbills since small customers like us can purchase for as little as N1M worth!
Re: Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? by Murphy7h4: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2012
Many thanks[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Telecoms Wealth / Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 / Finally, MMM Nigeria Begins Payment - The Cable News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.