Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,547 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians (709 Views)

Hakeem Baba Ahmed Is Saraki's New Chief Of Staff (Photos) / CCT: Judge’s Absence Stalls Proceedings In Saraki’s New Suit / SARAKI NEW OFFICIAL NAME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by viviangist: 10:35am On Jan 01, 2016
Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians
Happy New Year! Let's Join Hands To Make Nigeria Great Again

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki on Thursday called on Nigerians to join hands with the present administration to make the country great again, by supporting its policies and programmes aimed at restoring full security across the country and revamping the economy.

Saraki in a New Year message to Nigerians signed by his Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, in Abuja, congratulated the people as they mark the New Year festivities and for their resilience and patience especially in the face of daunting economic challenges.

He said that the need for effective collaboration between the people and the Federal Government - led by President Muhammadu Buhari - is imperative to overcome the nation's most pressing socio-economic challenges and to make the nation prosperous once again.

He added that the present government is working to ensure the world stops talking of the potentials of Nigeria and move on to counting the achievements and progress recorded by our country as the true giant of Africa and major player in world politics.

The Senate President noted that the Federal Government through the nation's Armed Forces and the support of all Nigerians have recorded tremendous success in the fight against insurgency while pointing out that intense collaboration between the citizenry and government is needed more than ever before to prevent incessant attacks from Boko Haram and eradicate all forms of criminality in the land.

He commiserated with all victims of suicide attacks during the Christmas celebration and said he was greatly encouraged by the determination displayed by the security agencies so far in their efforts to effectively close that sad chapter of the nation's history.

Saraki said: "I am delighted that we are celebrating the New Year not only in peace but as a united country to the shame of doom's day prophets that predicted that this country would not survive the year 2015. Notwithstanding the negative predictions, we are today marking the New Year as one indivisible country and more than ever before determined as a people to live together in peace, love and unity.

"This is why it is crucial for the government and the people to continue to work together to ensure total restoration of security in every nook and cranny of the country and to set the nation's economy on the path of progress once more. Nigeria is the only country we have. Let's unite to defend and make her the greatest country in the continent," Saraki stated.

He urged all citizens who are aggrieved over any issue to always explore the various available constitutional means of seeking redress and resolution rather than resorting to means that will create tension and bring benefit to nobody.

The Senate President pledged that the National Assembly would continue to fashion out appropriate legislative instruments that would bring succour to Nigerians, boost economic growth and strengthen the fight against corruption and insurgency in the land.

END

Signed:

Yusuph Olaniyonu

Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the Senate President.

From https://web.facebook.com/bukola.saraki/posts/10153914577494962

Report BY Vivian Gist 2016

Cc; lalasticlala , obinoscopy , mynd44

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by viviangist: 10:35am On Jan 01, 2016
grin grin Happy New year
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by ayatt(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year NL..most especially

omenka
midolian
dunkem
mynda44
aminat508
samir1212
Demmocrats

And to person above me you denied me FTC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by Tolexander: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2016
He urged all citizens who are aggrieved over any issue to always explore the various available constitutional means of seeking redress and resolution rather than resorting to means that will create tension and bring benefit to nobody.
and our legislators should also stand to represent and defend the people and nation rather than legislating on frivolities like the billions on vehicle after being given the allowance.
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by Lytech(m): 10:37am On Jan 01, 2016
Greet you self Mr thief...
God will purnish ur generation if you and ur co waste our N4.5b on vehicle....idiot
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 01, 2016
this dude's eyes are dull n dead...
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by ta4ba3(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Mr saraki how are we going to join our hands since u and ur dad has turned d politics of kwara state into royalty

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by omenka(m): 10:46am On Jan 01, 2016
ayatt:

o*menka
midoli*an
dunke*m
myn*da44
amin*at508
sa*mir1212
De*mmocrats

Happy new year to you too sir. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by daridex(m): 10:47am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by Aminat508(f): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2016
ayatt:

oenka
mdolian
dnkem
ynda44
amnat508
semmocrats

Thank you @Ayyat. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by midolian(m): 10:59am On Jan 01, 2016
ayatt:

om.enka
mid.olian
dunk.em
mynd.a44
amina.t508
samir1.212
Demmocrat.s

Happy new year to you too, bro. Wishing you the best in this year and beyond smiley

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by Demmocrats(m): 1:51am On Jan 02, 2016
ayatt:

omenka
midolian
dunkem
mynda44
aminat508
samir1212
Demmocrats

Happy new year bro, sorry for replying now had issue with my internet.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by omenka(m): 2:32am On Jan 02, 2016
ayatt:

o*menka
m*idolian
d*unkem
mynda44
aminat5*08
samir12*12
Demmo*crats

Happy new year to you too bro. God bless you. smiley
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by Ratello: 2:43am On Jan 02, 2016
Happy happy new year to all......*straight to the point* Saraki is still talking to Nigerians undecided angry here is somebody whose area of jurisdiction (the Senate) reeks of gross ineptitude and blind misappropriation of public funds, if not, hw do you explain the recent approval by these bloody rogues of Legislator approving N4.7 billion to purchase cars.....and I asked for who? The devil and hs angels? undecided
Re: Bukola Saraki's New Year Message To Nigerians by slimfit1(m): 2:45am On Jan 02, 2016
Save your dirty speech for prison candidates like you and make laws big old fool.

(1) (Reply)

"Former Ministers & Governors Will Be Arrested"- EFCC Boss Ibrahim Magu / Reno Omokri Presents Book To Former President Goodluck Jonathan (photos) / Biafra: I Don’t Care If He Lives Or Dies – Okorocha Denies Calling For Kanu’s Ha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.