Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Living In The Regret Of Yesterday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Living In The Regret Of Yesterday (451 Views)

What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) / My Little Guava Tree Of Yesterday Is Now Matured Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living In The Regret Of Yesterday by Raziii(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
A lot of times we have caught ourselves in this act, thinking about the past and regretting the decisions we didn’t take or the once we took that didn’t turn out right.

Sometimes it even makes us cry and we wish we could turn back the hands of time. We visualize taking the other decision and we are quite sure it would have turned out good. It can be more hurtful especially when our present life is not where we want it to be. It’s called living in the regrets of yesterday.

I used to be guilty of this act too. In secondary school I was a star athlete. One of the best the school had. After secondary school, I didn’t take it further despite so many friends urging me to. You know sometimes I would think about my past and regret not going further with athletics because I was so certain I would be a star athlete by now.

And little by little I was getting trapped in that past, I was happier living in the past not knowing I was ruining my present. A lot of people are trapped in their past, that happiness have become a scarce commodity.

I’m here to tell you that taking the decision you wish u had taken does not guarantee your present life would have been any better. This is your life, it happened this way because it was supposed to be this way.

Regretting about the past may seem like a safe haven in a way but the truth is it solves nothing.

We all have something stored in our memory banks of the past that we wish we could have done differently or something we wish we didn’t do. And as we get older, maybe life at the moment isn’t as good as we want or expected but that does not mean we have to regret what we did or didn’t do.

If we didn’t go through those experiences, we might not have grown into the strong and knowledgeable people we are today.

You may not be living in that fancy house or with that dream partner or whatever your regret is but you have something that can get you more than all those things. You just have to find your purpose.

So what are we going to do? I know! I say we get rid of the negative thoughts- the could haves, might haves, and should haves. I call them the agents of regret. And then we start living a life that won’t make us feel regretful even when things are not going the perfect way. It can be difficult but believe me it is worth it.

Here are a few tips I got online that I think if you put them into practice can be helpful.

*Realize that it’s okay to make mistakes, just make sure to learn from them, forgive yourself if you need to and move on.

*Find the humor in life and laugh like there is no tomorrow because it is sadness that harbors regret.

*Relax and move with the flow of life by being unafraid of change.

*try to find happiness with as many different people as you can.

*Try not to judge people before you know them.

*Be thankful to God for who you are right now instead of thinking about what you don’t have.

*Know that happiness is bigger than any bank account.

*Control negative thoughts as they don’t contribute to the outcome of your life.

And remember, the past is the past. No matter the degree of regret can change that and also it won’t add
anything good to your future. So let it be what it is- THE PAST.

Feel free to leave a comment below on how you were able to deal with your regrets of yesterday.
And help someone become a better person

VISIT: http://georgiascrib..com for more of this. Happy New Year friends.

(1) (Reply)

Coconut Oil Is All You Need In Your Home / World’s Richest Man, Bill Gates Visits Kaduna State / I Want To Cook Jollof Rice. Should I Use Rice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.