Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement (7028 Views)

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me / NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by supereagle(m): 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
NIPOST EMS is wonderful. I have used several times.

1 Like

Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by supereagle(m): 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
I am the first to open this page.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by semitunde: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
just2endowed:

Seriously, they extort like: word cannot describe it. In fact, they are the most corrupt government agencies for now. They will never display prices list. U ask them price they be shouting at u. If u come with a package that's less than 5 gram, they be telling u to pay heavily. My brother, I use them in few occasions and they are not friendly at all. They just believe in extorting a novice.

They will issue u a receipt without writing the amount on them. Mehn, these nipost staff need wind of change.

Its because you don't challenge them. My wife shops online and imports the products. For every package they'll call her and tell her to bring N500 logistic charge. Sometimes she would complain to.me.that the package is not worth more than 1k. Why should she pay N500 for its delivery.

I stepped in and told her to use my name henceforth. I would collect the packages myself.

The next package, I went there, wifey decided to follow cos I can "carry fire for head" sometimes Lol. They asked for the money and I asked what for? They ( two huge women), said that's how its done, showed me another customer with a very huge parcel and said she paid N2000. I told them I can't dispute that but my package isn't of the same size and weight, and that they should show me list of charges per weight, or size that they're using to know exactly how much to charge.

Another staff joined them and asked why I wanted that info since its been the norm for a while and I should have known that cos I had been importing stuffs. I said I don't know and if I see a document that says I should pay whatever amount, I'll pay and get an official receipt for it.

I told them that if they've not noticed, we are in a new era, they must key into it too if they expect the country to change. I sermonised for the next 5mins about the need for honesty in workplace and how it would affect all of us, I wasn't smiling at all. By the time I was done the whole staff had faced me.

I didn't pay a dime from that day, except when the package goes beyond a particular weight and its indicated that the receiver should pay. I collect receipts for such- N500 so far. All other times, its free.

If you don't know and you dont have the guts to ask questions. Other would "hammer" and do Thanksgiving on monies like yours. My wife later told me that sometimes they even tell her to open the package to see what's inside which is totally inappropriate.

Ask questions and stand your ground for answers, especially if you're the one paying the money to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by menxer: 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hahahahahahaha

NIPOST, the last time I use the service, it took about 3 months for my package from Amazon to be delivered, I almost thought it was stolen.
Besides it was not free delivery ooo.

I wish the upgrade would go beyond the fresh paint and new weighing balance... to efficient service delivery.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
just2endowed:

Seriously, they extort like: word cannot describe it. In fact, they are the most corrupt government agencies for now. They will never display prices list. U ask them price they be shouting at u. If u come with a package that's less than 5 gram, they be telling u to pay heavily. My brother, I use them in few occasions and they are not friendly at all. They just believe in extorting a novice.

They will issue u a receipt without writing the amount on them. Mehn, these nipost staff need wind of change.

Maybe twitter can help. I see that social media is the best way go get attention of the necessary people to look into things these days
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Habeebpain(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Rumpelstiltskin:
You have spoken rightly Sir and you also gave very great recommendations. The current state of NIPOST is heart wrenching and nothing to write home about. There is a lot of money to be made from Logistics and Supply chain Management. Basically, NIPOST should be a good revenue generating government department.
The Chairman, House Cmtee on Telecoms is a close friend. I'll show him this thread. I hope they take it seriously.

Thanks a lot sir. I don't mind being a part of the change. I need a job at the moment.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
Habeebpain:

Thanks a lot sir. I don't mind being a part of the change. I need a job at the moment.
What is your state of origin?
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by frebor(m): 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
OP on point. Funny thing is they have always worked fine.

I sent a package from Lagos to Abuja on Wednesday , i didn't call the owner yet believing it won't deliver until the following week only for him to call me on Friday morning that it was delivered to his office.

Rumpelstiltskin:

State of residence is more appropriate, IMO. Change doesn't come from the North, it resides in Nigeria.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Souljaboi1: 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
frebor:
OP on point. Funny thing is they have always worked fine.

I sent a package from Lagos to Abuja on Wednesday , i didn't call the owner yet believing it won't deliver until the following week only for him to call me on Friday morning that it was delivered to his office.

Their services have improved from what was known of them in the past, but I believe a lot still needs to be done.

Sent a package to Niger state from Lagos and it didn't cost me more than 200 Naira.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Habeebpain(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
Rumpelstiltskin:

Ogun sir.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by CeterisXVII: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2016
Keneking:
Great...see points below

+ ridding itself of corruption
+ branding
+ younger talents
+ adoption of social media
+ getting expat to head the business for a turnaround
+ competitive rates

You do not need an expat to turn around NIPOST. There are tons of qualified Nigerian professionals with adequate expertise and international exposure that can do the same job. undecided

In the past, (during the eighties to be precise) NIPOST had an arrangement with the old defunct Federal Savings Bank (which later became FSB International Bank and eventually ended up as part of the Fidelity Bank network), which enabled people to save and receive money using the entire post office system. You could send money to anyone then through the post office, and withdraw from your savings using your 'passbook' at any post office.

All they deducted from you, was a token amount as commission. In fact, my uncles bought their first JAMB form using postal orders in those days. My grandmother in the village, also received money from my uncles in the city, using the same method. cheesy These are some of the things that need to be revived, so that the agency can attract extra revenue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by just2endowed: 12:32am On Jan 17, 2016
semitunde:

Its because you don't challenge them. My wife shops online and imports the products. For every package they'll call her and tell her to bring N500 logistic charge. Sometimes she would complain to.me.that the package is not worth more than 1k. Why should she pay N500 for its delivery.

I stepped in and told her to use my name henceforth. I would collect the packages myself.

The next package, I went there, wifey decided to follow cos I can "carry fire for head" sometimes Lol. They asked for the money and I asked what for? They ( two huge women), said that's how its done, showed me another customer with a very huge parcel and said she paid N2000. I told them I can't dispute that but my package isn't of the same size and weight, and that they should show me list of charges per weight, or size that they're using to know exactly how much to charge.

Another staff joined them and asked why I wanted that info since its been the norm for a while and I should have known that cos I had been importing stuffs. I said I don't know and if I see a document that says I should pay whatever amount, I'll pay and get an official receipt for it.

I told them that if they've not noticed, we are in a new era, they must key into it too if they expect the country to change. I sermonised for the next 5mins about the need for honesty in workplace and how it would affect all of us, I wasn't smiling at all. By the time I was done the whole staff had faced me.

I didn't pay a dime from that day, except when the package goes beyond a particular weight and its indicated that the receiver should pay. I collect receipts for such- N500 so far. All other times, its free.

If you don't know and you dont have the guts to ask questions. Other would "hammer" and do Thanksgiving on monies like yours. My wife later told me that sometimes they even tell her to open the package to see what's inside which is totally inappropriate.

Ask questions and stand your ground for answers, especially if you're the one paying the money to them.

Pls can we whatsapp 07066561480. I need ur advice

1 Like

Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Habeebpain(m): 10:31am On Jan 17, 2016
I totally love the idea of sending money to remote areas. That's really awesome. It'll help corp members posted to remote locations for their service year.
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Amazingg: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2016
I sincerely wish the leadership of NIPOST will effect changes and turn NIPOST around to a huge revenue generating agency. The one in my area is nothing to write home about
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by just2endowed: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
One will has to use nipost for sometime though
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Femiju(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Rumpelstiltskin:
You have spoken rightly Sir and you also gave very great recommendations. The current state of NIPOST is heart wrenching and nothing to write home about. There is a lot of money to be made from Logistics and Supply chain Management. Basically, NIPOST should be a good revenue generating government department.
The Chairman, House Cmtee on Telecoms is a close friend. I'll show him this thread. I hope they take it seriously.

YES YOU ARE RIGHT FRIEND, NIPOST EMS IS SHEER FRAUD! ABSOLUTE FRAUD!
I AM A VICTIM. PEOPLE SHOULD BEWARE OF USING EMS SERVICES.
I wish to put up my displeasure and frustration about the services of EMS Nigeria. Its a shame and a total form of injustice when one pays a huge amount for postal services and it was never delivered on time. Sending my package by ordinary posting would have even been faster. Please if you decide to use EMS services, consider it twice you might just be giving up yourself to be duped by some unknown unserious minded people that have been employed by Nigerian Postal service. Very inefficient and extortionist in nature. For heavens sake, how can a small parcel travel from Nigeria to Ghana in 3 weeks without arriving, when a sum of 12,000 was paid. Its still the corruption we are talking about and sheer inefficiency. You cant even track your item online and the email addresses on their site is all fake. It keeps bouncing back your messages. BEWARE of EMS service. Its fraud! We were told that sms will be sent to alert you when your item is delivered, it never was sent. These are just a set of Fraudsters
Re: Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement by Femiju(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2017
NIPOST EMS IS SHEER FRAUD! ABSOLUTE FRAUD!
I AM A VICTIM. PEOPLE, BEWARE OF USING EMS SERVICES.
I wish to put up my displeasure and frustration about the services of EMS Nigeria. Its a shame and a total form of injustice when one pays a huge amount for postal services and it was never delivered on time. Sending my package by ordinary posting would have even been faster. Please if you decide to use EMS services, consider it twice you might just be giving up yourself to be duped by some unknown unserious minded people that have been employed by Nigerian Postal service. Very inefficient and extortionist in nature. For heavens sake, how can a small parcel travel from Nigeria to Ghana in 3 weeks without arriving, when a sum of 12,000 was paid. Its still the corruption we are talking about and sheer inefficiency. You cant even track your item online and the email addresses on their site is all fake. It keeps bouncing back your messages. Recently i got a mailer deamon that the site email is full and cannot receive messages, that is absolutely inefficiencey, when a staff is suppoesed to be answering emails and it will never be attended to and it keeps pilling up. What a Nation, what a people. And peopl;e keeps complaning about the governemnt. Something must be done to these inefficient sets of people just taking the money of innocent people. But BEWARE of EMS service. Its fraud! We were told that sms will be sent to alert you when your item is delivered, it never was sent. These are just a set of Fraudsters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Closed / FG Appoints Transaction Advisers For $6.2 Bilion Eurobond Issuance / Business Name Vs Limited Company - Which Should You Register?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.