Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow (58342 Views)

Brief Profile Of The New Board Members Of Etisalat Nigeria / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by megastu(m): 6:30pm On May 16, 2016
yModus please add me on whatsapp if you have a business group 08037178687. Thanks.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by officerbode: 12:54pm On May 17, 2016
Ymodulus....pls we really need to talk...pls add me to your business group and let's talk. On whatsapp 08183005462 pls it's very important
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Paulpenny(m): 1:39am On Jun 09, 2016
Ymodulus:

Biggest boss I greet you
I have this friend in india that promise to send me a TVS keke napep. The problem here is that I don't know how to got about it, I will really appreciate if you can put a brother through
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by bjaybalo(m): 6:08am On Jun 09, 2016
@Ymodulus Sir, I've been following this thread and you've done a great Job. Please, ill like to go into the MTN DATA BIZ and ill be grateful if you can kindly put me through. My email address is balogunbi@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Paulpenny(m): 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Fribery: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Anyone with a first grade second hand keke for sale in ph should pm me..

urgent need pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by electronic(m): 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
lipsrsealed
Ymodulus:
[size=18pt]Keke Napep Business[/size]

The first Business I did for the year 2015 was the keke Napep Business.

How I got into this Business

I had this conversation with a keke driver who was complaining that day bitterly of how the union seized his bike and collected N2,000 from him. He accepted he was at fault. Later he was caught again. I know the officer who caught him due to my job as a reporter in one of Nigeria's leading newspapers. I knew some force officers as I interviewed them in some case.

Discussion led to discussion and we started discussing about the keke napep business. He told me all there was to it l. I then replied him that I needed a driver he said he can get one for me.

I got the first Keke Napep from someone closed and hired the same man as my driver. How the business goes.

The Keke Business Proper
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance
3. New or second Hand Keke

1. New or second Hand Keke. Which is best ?
I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

There are good keke Napeps second hands.
Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
The period of complete returns on a keke depends on two things :
1. the status of the Keke at time of purchase ( I.e New or second hand )
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )
3. Agreed fee of return by driver.

There are generally two ways of paying a keke Driver.
1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I believe the two need no explanation just little extra tips.
I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

Daily return vary according to
1. Your state or Location
2. Status of Keke Napepe ( new or old )

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

In Lagos it is N4000 - N4500 ( for those plying Computer Village route ).
Note don't let anyone decieve you for the poster know what he his saying.

Now on the amount to return. There are two ways of paying back Hire Purchase.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

Note: payment on hire purchase is all based on negotiations.

3. Brand of Keke Napep to Buy
I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

4. Import a New Keke or Buy Here in Nigeria

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

Below is a second hand keke Napep I got some time back.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

5. Cost of New Keke Napep

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **
2. Michindra (435,000) as at Last Month November

Note! The above price is obtainable in Niger, Kaduna Kano wholesalers.

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

5. Cost of Second Hand Keke Napep

You can get good grade 1 brand at N140,000 or N150,000.
But the general rate is N110-150,000 ( For good ones in good conditions ).

Thanks
Ymodulus

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by barakath(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
I am a driver, I need your help in getting one bus or car
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ymodulus:

cheesy

However never you pick a married man to drive your car or Keke. If not you are a Gunner for life.

Why are you against married men driving my Keke or car? Please expantiate.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ymodulus:
List of Business

1. Mai Shayi Business ( Indomie Joint )

2. Mai Koko / Kosai
Koko (hausa )
Akamu (Yoruba )
Pap (English )

Kosai ( Hausa )
Akara ( Yoruba )
Beans cake ( English

3. Importation contract Business ( Political contracts - my experience )

4. Yam Business

5. Keke Napep Business

6. Transport Business

7. Currency Business

8. Questions and Answers

For reference
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ymodulus:

I had this conversation with a keke driver who was complaining that day bitterly of how the union seized his bike and collected N2,000 from him. He accepted he was at fault. Later he was caught again. I know the officer who caught him due to my job as a reporter in one of Nigeria's leading newspapers. I knew some force officers as I interviewed them in some case.

Discussion led to discussion and we started discussing about the keke napep business. He told me all there was to it l. I then replied him that I needed a driver he said he can get one for me.

I got the first Keke Napep from someone closed and hired the same man as my driver. How the business goes.

The Keke Business Proper
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance

I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )

1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

Thanks
Ymodulus

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ymodulus:
[size=16pt]Mai Shayi Business[/size]

I did this around January, February 2015.

How I got into the business
I and group of mates always visit this mai shayi spot, discussion started between I and the person in charge talked at length in hausa, when he found out my place of birth we became close frnds and more. From him I got to know more about the Business.

The Business in details

Mai Shayi is an hausa term for someone who prepares and sell tea for a living. They also prepare indomie. I believe those in the north will know what I mean.

Location of my mai shayi Joint.
Chanchanga , Minna Niger state close to a COE Minna.

Reason for my location
None per say. I just followed the advice of the huasa guy and his friend.
At times you just have to keep your experience and book aside and listen to those guys on the street. They know a lot of things than you do

Anatomy of Business

I had a batcha set up with iron pole and cellophane covering to prevent winds
Table and got pots ( Can't recall how much I spent on this )
Indomie X 1 Cartons ( 1 small super pack )
Indomie X 2 Cartons ( 2 hungry man size )
Geisha ( 1 Dozen )
Titus. ( 1 Dozen )
2 Dozens Paper Disposable take home plate ( N20 / plate * 24 pieces )
Rubber Ceramic Plates * 12 pieces ( I imported for a clients so I took 12 pieces out )
Spoons.
1 Mini deep freeze Haier Thermcool. ( I was given this, specially for the business. )

In all total amount I used to set up the whole business was N78,940 excluding the some items I never paid for

Daily Renumeration
Mai shayi man gives N1700 / Day.

He doesn't give me money every day pays into my account every 3 days.
Monday - Wednesday paid on Wednesday via Gtbank E-Deposit
Thursday - Friday
Saturday -Monday .

Issues
I didn't really have much issues, aside the fact that I wasn't encouraged to sell bottle drinks. I have to go for plastic drinks, which at first was expensive but later moved well.

Control
I am a firm believer in the principles of managerial exception- A principle where by a boss only talks to his workers when something is wrong aside that he his free to do anything he likes. I learnt this from Warren Buffet.

I only call my boy when it comes to payment or at times I see him when I am around the area.

Status of Business Today

A planned payment package for handover was done. I gave him the business fully on June 2nd.

In all every penny from that business went to a special account I opened for that purpose. I opened the account and placed a PND - Post no debit order ( means I can pay into the account but can't redraw.

Today when ever I visit minna I still go to mai shayi place to eat free indomie and drink free lacasera.

Lol cheesy cheesy grin

[size=17pt]Mai Kosai Joint.[/size]

This was just my own idea to add to the mai shayi business due to the fact that the space was big and no use for it.

BreakDown of expenses

I honestly don't know the cost of everything in this business. I just gave a female friend money after she told me likely cost of frying pan and others and she got everything needed.

1. Yam ( I didn't buy the yam. I always have enough yam due to my yam business I bought yam in bulk from Minna and send to Lagos or Ibadan. So I always have extra yam )

2. Groudnut oil
3. Frying Pan.
4. Other stuff.
5. Cooler
6. Plantain ( only the first plantain I bought . a big bunch )

I don't know anything about the pricing of this business.

Renumeration

Daily Renumeration.

She paid me every day N700naira and make the payment every 3 days. The Mai shayi Guy was the one who get the money from her and pay it together with his into my account.

Reasons I liked the Yam joint Business
I needed a daily means if income which I can use to cater daily expenses and not touch other means of income. The yam and akara business was one that helped me go a long way.

I was always spending 1100 a day on average 800 of which was from the akara business.

Issues

I never had any. Aside a time I paid the woman hospital bill, as she was burnt by fire.

She is an elderly woman and , I so love doing business with elderly people from my experience with her.

Though in some case I wanted to pass strict instructions, I couldn't as I didn't want it to seem like I am rude because I had the business. But she was so caring. She was always calm and quick to explain.

Her loyalty made me hand over the business to her without stress and I got her a gallon of oil and yam as gift when I gave her the biz.

Total cost of setting up the Biz

Apprioximately N19,000.
Note I didn't pay for batcha, because I used the batcha I constructed for the indomie man.

The yam business is one a student with little resources and daily income can go into
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by udysweet(f): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2016
@ymodulus pls can I PM you?I need an urgent infor on agreement btw an owner and rider of keke?pls its urgent I dnt mind if you can giv me a contact to reach you. I've been blessed by ur inputs here,would love to learn further but for now I need to reach u ASAP!epp pls
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by kester113(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ymodulus:

The Keke Business Proper

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance

2. Method of Remittance

1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

Thanks
Ymodulus

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by kester113(m): 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ymodulus:
List of Business
2. Mai Koko / Kosai Koko (hausa ) Akamu (Yoruba ) Pap (English )
Kosai ( Hausa ) Akara ( Yoruba ) Beans cake ( English
4. Yam Business
5. Keke Napep Business
6. Transport Business
7. Currency Business
8. Questions and Answers
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by kester113(m): 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ymodulus:
List of Business
2. Mai Koko / Kosai Koko (hausa ) Akamu (Yoruba ) Pap (English )
Kosai ( Hausa ) Akara ( Yoruba ) Beans cake ( English
4. Yam Business
5. Keke Napep Business
6. Transport Business
7. Currency Business
8. Questions and Answers
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by 9janinja(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2016
Ymodulus:

Meet the mechanics.

I have a mechanic friend an elderly man. He knows I can settle him. He tells me the when a good keke is available for sale.
Before we lost the election I introduced him to some officials and note he repairs their vehicles.

I know we all have class, and would like to keep our respect. It also pays to mix up with them once in a time.

If you stay in Kano , Niger. I can give you his contact

Also is it possible for 1 to buy a fairly used napep cos it wud still b neat n intact n transport it to Lagos ? Thx
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by wisehouse(m): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
Is this business still viable. And what's the estimated price of new or old. Thanks
Ymodulus:

The Keke Business Proper

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance

2. Method of Remittance

1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

Thanks
Ymodulus

1 Like

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Carmal90(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2016
Ymodulus:
Last year, 2015 , is a year I won't forget too soon. It's one I in which I took the bold step to leave the importation business into other areas.

I would have loved to share my experience in full ( I.e 1 business per thread ), but won't be doing so as am getting lazy.

However I have decided to give a brief straight to the point summary of all Businesses I ran last year, my strong points and weak points.

I will try my best to ensure, each summary can be of help those intending to go into this business.

OK. Now let's go

Am expecting brief summary of this year business as Well

3 Likes

Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Garbia: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hi, please I will love to join your importation group. Please send mail me: goldeenshay@ gmail.com
Thank you
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by dboss444: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ymodulus:

Bro that's not me.

Any mail from anyone claiming to be me. Give that individual a statement for him to post on nairaland with my moniker. If he/she can't do it then know such a person is scam

Ymodulus I have a similar idea. You can reach me let's talk
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by KingShayDee(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
oga modulus please help me with ur numba and email...
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Tess88: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks for the exposé.

I intend going into Marwa business.

Please can you send me your number or email to atessygold@gmail.com

I will like to reach you.

Thank you.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by MASTERCC: 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
Y Modulus.. Thanks to you but glory to the Lord.
Am with your mobile in 2013 when you thought me importation.
Today I have made it. Keep it up n continue to Help ppl.
I have lost your contact but I want to add THE DATA BUSINESS FOR MY WIFE IN THE MKT. BUYERS ARE MANY
PLS kindly contact me 08039432621 or destinedfavour21@gmail.com.thanks bro
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by tboydbrave(m): 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
@Y modulus. Am really interested in the importation of keke Marwas. Pls I need more insight on the topic pls. This is my email address tboydbrave2@yahoo.com. pls I wouldn't mind u to put me through it. Very important to me. I currently have a Keke but want to expand soon. Get it from source rather than buy here. Thanks.
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by Zico777(m): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
semochendo1:
Interesting.
But you didn't tell us how much you made in Mai Sai and Mai yam business. You only gave us the starting cost.
He did!
Re: Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2022
modath:

Tell that to Strive Mayisiwa .. sad

Thx bros , i know the right thing but it is not looking like it is right for naija. One should not cut corners but I'm not totally convinced one can be "ok" in the Nigerian sense without some sharp practices, i have numerous examples around me in this city that God "blessed" through public funds & they are still waxing strong as deacons, deaconesses & elders....

Ymod would have given me an orientation reset if that part hadn't been part of his story cos what i got is that the "profit" from that transaction helped in other investments, so I'm thinking of being less rigid cos it is not looking like it will take anyone anywhere in naija.. cheesy
hahaha
It's the waxing strong for me grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

TLK Voucher: Ademola Ajibola Creates Own ‘Currency’ In Ijara-Isin, Kwara State / Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Femi Otedola Doesn't Wear Wristwatch, Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.