Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade (20395 Views)

Tracking Stolen Phones With IMEI Number / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village / How Do I Find My Stolen Phones??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by Onyenna(m): 5:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
ndi street...
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by plendil: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
it not just lagos. its all over the country
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by solotutu(m): 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Its bad when a close friend steals your valuable phone to resell.

It worse when a lady does this to a guy, and worst when a guy does it to a lady. That's the time youl know who exactly learnt wwe submission hold skills
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by okonja(m): 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
#LEAVETRASHFORLAWMA... angry angry

Welcome to the street grin grin
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by Dexema(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mustay:
Just be very careful buying such phones. In fact, I recommend a DO NOT buy unless it's a registered business/store.

Make sure you get your receipt (from the store) cos the day wey SARS trace lost phone to your hand, dem no dey hear story o. Na "EXECUTE, EXECUTE, EXECUTE" like dem do for dat TECNO advert SARS go do.

Human Rights Watch shout never reach dia fence. E fit be say dem never catch you now and you go say na wetin u don dey do since but "dis is Lagos", "e fit be you o!"
Very true, those SARS guys gat no chill at all, I have heard sorry Stories where the people who bought the stolen phones almost lost their lives in SARS custody.
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
kilokeys:
FP article.

So true.

The only way to curb phone theft is by not buying second grade phones..

#saynoto2ndhand
Nah I don't think so. The way for we'd is to force telecoms to register the IME of each fone b4 it can be used no. Their network that the IME can be blacklisted if stollen .so a stolen fone wont recieve signals.
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
bright007:
Long but informative article.

As for people who don't know those involved in the business of selling second hand phones at ikeja... here is how to know them...

Just open your ears wide when you are about entering computer village.... you will hear " You wan buy..you wan sell" LOL

Back to the trending ishhh...

If its my Nokia 3310 Olamide wants, let him come and get it
those ones on the road are touts, I have bought second hand phone severally from shops with receipts and everything, later sold the same phone to them at a price slash when I got my brand new phone of my choice.

1 Like

Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by drololaaof: 5:43am On Jan 04, 2016
Thanks for the information good job -NCC, SECURITY AGENCIES should collaborate with service provider's to block and to retrieve stolen phones now that all SIM card's were registered .if someone buy a phone and he is notified that it is stollen and that his identity has been recorded people will be scared from buying /selliing stollen phones
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2016
henryobinna:
this is naija where crime and criminals reign supreme

wanna buy a new phone? check this out FEATURES TO CHECK OUT IN A NEW PHONE>> http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html

Whats wrong with you, they just posted info on the sale of stolen phones, yet you still persist in the nefarious act, better repent this is 2016. angry
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by henryobinna(m): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
kaeforum:

Whats wrong with you, they just posted info on the sale of stolen phones, yet you still persist in the nefarious act, better repent this is 2016. angry
I don't get your point mister.
Re: Inside Nigeria’s Booming Stolen Phones Trade by ICTTRENDS: 5:36pm On May 11, 2016
Developing Nations Ahead of US, Europe in Smartphone, Internet Usage
http://digitallclique..com.ng/2016/05/developing-nations-ahead-of-us-europe.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently / 5 Ways To Save Your Phone When It Falls In Water / TECNO POVA 5G Announced With Dimensity 900 And 6000mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.