Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Spice Up Your Bread. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Spice Up Your Bread. (1223 Views)

Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. / 4 Delicious Salad Recipes To Spice Up Your Next Owanbeparries / Bread Prices Rise 25 Percent On Input Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spice Up Your Bread. by mindboggler: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
We Nigerians love bread so much like our lives depend on it. It's like the scriptural Daily Bread and any day some people don't munch on some bread, then they will not function well for that day. Am in this category of people too but I don't take my bread the same way all the time. I like to spice it up.
So today, I want to share a little bread recipe.......

Slices of your ordinary bread
Tomatoes
Pepper
Onions
Salt
Eggs
A pinch of nutmeg
Vegetable oil or whatever cooking oil you prefer...... (not red palm oil o!) lol

1) Dice your tomatoes, pepper, onions and set them aside. Whisk the eggs then add a pinch of salt
and the nutmeg. Add the diced ingredients to the egg and mix them all together.
2) Cut the bread slice into 2 triangles or into 2 rectangles, whatever shape you want.
3) Depending on the size of your frying pan, put a cooking spoon of oil and set it on fire. The idea is
that you don't want to put too much oil in your pan as this will make your bread soggy with oil.
4) Soak the bread into the mixture, making sure that the tomatoes, etc cover its entire body, then fry.
5) Allow it to turn golden brown in colour then flip and fry the other side.
6) Serve while hot with the beverage of your choice.

So when you are done, you should have something like this.

Visit my blog www.amaxonowu..com for my opinion on issues and
follow me on twitter @amaxonowu

Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by jopretty(f): 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
This guy must be a chronic bachelor hehehehee. But you try sha. Weldon!
Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by tojujack: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
E sweet??
Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by mindboggler: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2016
jopretty:
This guy must be a chronic bachelor hehehehee. But you try sha. Weldon!

I am a married woman.
Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by mindboggler: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2016
tojujack:
E sweet??

E sweet. Try am fess.
Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by jopretty(f): 9:58am On Jan 04, 2016
mindboggler:

I am a married woman.
awww! so sorry about that mix up.
Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by mindboggler: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2016
jopretty:
awww! so sorry about that mix up.

No worries smiley
Re: Spice Up Your Bread. by jopretty(f): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
mindboggler:

No worries smiley
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Spicy Nigeria Dish Consult / Burst :7people Had The Same Meal On Twitter. Why Do People Lie Unprovoked / Olive Garden Or Applebees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.