Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) (1706 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 12:52am On Jan 04, 2016
Travelled to Abidjan from London for a Xmas/NY break. Arrived in Abidjan on 20th December.

Damn, the place is fire. They know how to enjoy themselves aplenty. I stayed with some Ivorian friends in Angre. I went to a friend's film screening in the Cultural Palace in Treichville and went to a number of bars/clubs in Marcory and Deux Plateaux.

The bars they have are called 'Maquis' which are free, play loud music, generally coupe decale, soukous and some naija pop. They drink a lot of alcohol, o'boy, I had to join them fully in shakkin' their champagne and whisky. These people drink whisky wey scottish man hand never reach.

We reached maquis at nine pm, then left around midnight generally, then used to go to the VIP club.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2016
Went to one club which finished at 7am, as I stood on the road taking photos, commuters were walking past on their way to work. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 1:29am On Jan 04, 2016
I made a documentary with an Ivorian producer called 'Coupe Decalee' : a story about the music genre of Ivorian music that strongly influenced Naija pop. We had a number of screenings across Abidjan during the week, attended by over 1,500 people.
Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2016
Saw a coffee seller hustling outside the club at 0730am...making his money. Thought of getting a shot of two worlds - one of the everyday worker and that of the 'hedonists'.

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 1:34am On Jan 04, 2016
Wahala is global. A fight broke out inside the club and spilled outside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 1:39am On Jan 04, 2016
This lady said that he tried to get too close inside the club.

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 04, 2016
Bro; u give. A caption, and ur pic doesn't depict; na wa oh!!!
Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by DisGuy: 2:17am On Jan 04, 2016
Interesting...

More pictures of the city please
Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 3:33am On Jan 04, 2016
Apologies bros,

I don't take photos of the City per se....I find it boring (no vex) I prefer taking snaps of people and everyday life.
Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 3:49am On Jan 04, 2016
There was a big gala event in Treichville, so I rolled with some Ivorian music artists that were involved in the making of the documentary. The guy in the middle is Lino Versace, one of the original members of the Jetset crew.

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 3:51am On Jan 04, 2016
There was a post-event bbq in the grounds of Hotel Ivoire by the big lagoon in the middle of town. Took a few shots...

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 3:52am On Jan 04, 2016
Some photos of me and the crew...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by zumbigbo(m): 3:54am On Jan 04, 2016
Lagoon dinner party...

Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by Harzontorh: 11:25am On Jan 16, 2016
welcome to abidjan bro.. The African Paris
Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by Ugosample(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dope
I miss this city to pieces mehn...
In fact, I am going to Abidjan again.
Re: Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) by wealthtrak: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
zumbigbo:
Travelled to Abidjan from London for a Xmas/NY break. Arrived in Abidjan on 20th December.

Damn, the place is fire. They know how to enjoy themselves aplenty. I stayed with some Ivorian friends in Angre. I went to a friend's film screening in the Cultural Palace in Treichville and went to a number of bars/clubs in Marcory and Deux Plateaux.

The bars they have are called 'Maquis' which are free, play loud music, generally coupe decale, soukous and some naija pop. They drink a lot of alcohol, o'boy, I had to join them fully in shakkin' their champagne and whisky. These people drink whisky wey scottish man hand never reach.

We reached maquis at nine pm, then left around midnight generally, then used to go to the VIP club.

Awesome city... wink

(1) (Reply)

My US Visa Was Cancelled At Arrival Nd Was Send Back Home / Picture of Submerged Shinkansen Bullet Trains / Accident Inside My Estate This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.