Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

"Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma (2247 Views)

"Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa / Nigeria Is Too Small For Igbo — Adamu Ciroma / Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by TolstoyFan: 1:48am On Jan 04, 2016
Three-time minister, and onetime governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN), Mallam Adamu Ciroma has said Nigerians are still learning how to live with one another as the country was amalgamated just over 100 years ago. Ciroma made this known in an interview with Vanguard when asked about his take on economic development. In his words, the elder statesman said: "Biafra, this Biafra, I tell my Igbo friends, Biafra, for what? This Nigeria is too small for you Igbos. All over Nigeria you will see Igbos everywhere. If you go to Ghana, Igbos everywhere. If you go to Niger, Igbos everywhere.

"If you go to South Africa, Igbo everywhere; this Nigeria is too small for you. But now you want something smaller, what does it mean? It means that people sometimes do things without thinking very deeply. But education is to enable you to think and to solve problems. What the Igbos are saying is that they want Biafra; I just remember only recently the Yoruba leaders said they want to break, break from where. The Yoruba are probably the people who economically enjoy Nigeria more than anybody, economically. So why are they going? So my own problem with Nigeria is that many people say things without thinking."

http://dawntodusknews.com/yorubas-are-the-most-favoured-economically-in-nigeria-ex-minister-adamu-ciroma/
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by bigerboy200: 1:53am On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 04, 2016
shocked
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Demmocrats(m): 1:58am On Jan 04, 2016
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by urbanmonk: 2:00am On Jan 04, 2016
Ciroma is right this time

2 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by fistonati(m): 2:00am On Jan 04, 2016
While the Hausa's are the most favoured in governance but only have almajiri, guinea worm, boko-haram, bad governance and polio to show for it. Hausa have been ruling Nigeria for decades but excessive intake of weed and women is their problem. They must step up and realise the importance of education.

3 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by MXrep: 2:09am On Jan 04, 2016
TolstoyFan:
Three-time minister, and onetime governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN), Mallam Adamu Ciroma has said Nigerians are still learning how to live with one another as the country was amalgamated just over 100 years ago. Ciroma made this known in an interview with Vanguard when asked about his take on economic development. In his words, the elder statesman said: "Biafra, this Biafra, I tell my Igbo friends, Biafra, for what? This Nigeria is too small for you Igbos. All over Nigeria you will see Igbos everywhere. If you go to Ghana, Igbos everywhere. If you go to Niger, Igbos everywhere.

"If you go to South Africa, Igbo everywhere; this Nigeria is too small for you. But now you want something smaller, what does it mean? It means that people sometimes do things without thinking very deeply. But education is to enable you to think and to solve problems. What the Igbos are saying is that they want Biafra; I just remember only recently the Yoruba leaders said they want to break, break from where. The Yoruba are probably the people who economically enjoy Nigeria more than anybody, economically. So why are they going? So my own problem with Nigeria is that many people say things without thinking."

http://dawntodusknews.com/yorubas-are-the-most-favoured-economically-in-nigeria-ex-minister-adamu-ciroma/
Thats why they are scard of being alone, so they can keep "enjoying" while others are working. they are economically "favoured", favour is term igbos hate with passion. why should someone be favoured at the expense of another, do u know its the weak person that needs favour??

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Jaideyone(m): 2:15am On Jan 04, 2016
MXrep:

Thats why they are scard of being alone, so they can keep "enjoying" while others are working. they are economically "favoured", favour is term igbos hate with passion. why should someone be favoured at the expense of another, do u know its the weak person that needs favour??
what is this one saying?

16 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Mekky05(m): 3:13am On Jan 04, 2016
Bull poo! You did not proffer any solution to the problems bedeviling the country.

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by omowolewa: 3:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Still the divide and rule tactics, we all started equally with regional governance before federalism.

Federalism killed cocoa growth, groundnut pyramid and oil palm plantation but set foundation of our destinies.

Let's go back to regionalism and all this 'most favored' will give way for hardwork.

3 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by tpiar: 3:32am On Jan 04, 2016
I really doubt the country is as big as we think. If it were, people would not need to migrate so much.

There are limited resources.

As per the thread title, I don't know.

I grew up poor.

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by IPOB123london: 3:45am On Jan 04, 2016
and

i will vote Igbo for president when i see one-IBB

and this Nigeria is so small yet IBB cannot see any igbo man to vote for

anyway we leave this here for humanity to decide

for us we are done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by FisifunKododada: 3:58am On Jan 04, 2016
cool Observing...from my kush perch cool
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 04, 2016
MXrep:

I cannot say you're totally wrong but you should know that some people are more equal than others. Even your Igbo leaders were FAVOURED in the 1966 coup d'etat where the Premieres of the Western & Northern regions were brutally murdered by your people (Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu's squad) while sparing their own Eastern Premiere.

Maybe if your greedy & power hungry ancestors had not drawn the 1st blood by orchestrating the 1st coup d'etat in 1966, the Nigeria of our dream would have been attained by now. Below are the reasons Y your people will continue to be slaves in Nigeria and there's nothing anybody - be it ICC, Amnesty International & America can do about it.

1.) An Igbo man, Kaduna Nzeogwu embarked on the first ethnic identifying campaign for power.

2.) Same Igbo man, led the first provocative and very painful attack and assassination of top brass Hausa men.

3.) An Igbo man disrupted our political beginnings and introduced us to the military rule aberration.

4.) Another Igbo man, General Aguiyi Ironsi clearly recognized the ethnic danger provoked by the former & then destroyed Nigeria’s regional rule and initiated the Unitary republic.

So you see, my friend, the ancient wisdom teaches us that action begets reaction, cause begets effect and sequence begets consequence. grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by DecemberIV: 6:09am On Jan 04, 2016
Yet they make up the wealthiest band of Nigerians in this country, spanning business and politics, as acknowledged by Forbes? Yet the North has the best public infrastructure (e.g. roads) and institutions in the entire country? Yet the North controls the keys to over 90% of our oil wealth?

Nothing to show for it indeed. You seem either confused or ignorant.

fistonati:
While the Hausa's are the most favoured in governance but only have almajiri, guinea worm, boko-haram, bad governance and polio to show for it. Hausa have been ruling Nigeria for decades but excessive intake of weed and women is their problem. They must step up and realise the importance of education.
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Justiyke4u: 6:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Why has all the comments these days been on sentiments and tribalism
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by bonechamberlain(m): 6:33am On Jan 04, 2016
there can be no unity in this country unless through true federalism, we would continue like this even in the next 50 years if we keep on hoping to collect money (like beggars) from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Siddeek: 6:36am On Jan 04, 2016
fistonati:
Sakaraii
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by lokoloko84(m): 6:49am On Jan 04, 2016
Rubbish and delusional grandeur! What benefits have the yoruba's derived Economically from Nigeria.The same economic crisis, unemployment, poor public infrastructures affecting yoruba's also affect Other parts of the country.
With an exception to Ondo,which other states in South West receive an extra allocation from the Federal government to augment the normal monthly allocation they receive.
He has no point.

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by TheNonce: 6:54am On Jan 04, 2016
grin
MXrep:

Another clueless ipob olodo spotted!

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 04, 2016
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by justmenoni: 7:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Trash
Jaideyone:
what is this one saying?
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by abumeinben(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2016
Oh....Ciroma if WAEC was a minister?

This is good a news. Been looking for this guy. How come his name is still on WAEC papers, abi hin dey collect endorsement fee?

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by jonagaga(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2016
ciroma just shut up and leave trash for lawma dats all
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Segadem(m): 7:24am On Jan 04, 2016
urbanmonk:
Ciroma is right this time
Yeah, not that alone, southwest is the best place to live in Nigeria but some people will not agree with u.
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by WIZGUY69(m): 7:24am On Jan 04, 2016
MXrep:

Thats [s]why they are scard of being alone, so they can keep "enjoying" while others are working. they are economically "favoured", favour is term igbos hate with passion. why should someone be favoured at the expense of another, do u know its the weak person that needs favour?[/s]?

Your mentally deranged parents suppose use you block erosion.

mkpi grin

2 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Segadem(m): 7:24am On Jan 04, 2016
fistonati:
chai
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 04, 2016
So Na him name dey waec, ah no wonder them dey marginalize our result. kiss cry
Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by coolzeal(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2016
Zoharariel:

I cannot say you're totally wrong but you should know that some people are more equal than others. Even your Igbo leaders were FAVOURED in the 1966 coup d'etat where the Premieres of the Western & Northern regions were brutally murdered by your people (Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu's squad) while sparing their own Eastern Premiere.

Maybe if your greedy & power hungry ancestors had not drawn the 1st blood by orchestrating the 1st coup d'etat in 1966, the Nigeria of our dream would have been attained by now. Below are the reasons Y your people will continue to be slaves in Nigeria and there's nothing anybody - be it ICC, Amnesty International & America can do about it.

1.) An Igbo man, Kaduna Nzeogwu embarked on the first ethnic identifying campaign for power.

2.) Same Igbo man, led the first provocative and very painful attack and assassination of top brass Hausa men.

3.) An Igbo man disrupted our political beginnings and introduced us to the military rule aberration.

4.) Another Igbo man, General Aguiyi Ironsi clearly recognized the ethnic danger provoked by the former & then destroyed Nigeria’s regional rule and initiated the Unitary republic.

So you see, my friend, the ancient wisdom teaches us that action begets reaction, cause begets effect and sequence begets consequence. grin
History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria

MASSACRE (City/Town and Year)

1. Jos 1945
2. Kano genocide 1953
3. 1966 pogroms- over 60,000 civilians were killed
4. May 29th 1967- over 200,000 civilians were killed.
5. 1967-70 – over 3,100,0000 killed during the bloody civil war (Including the Asaba Genocide).
6. Kano 1980
7. Maiduguri 1982
8. Jimeta 1984
9. Gombe 1985
10.Zaria 1987
11.Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
12.Bauchi & Katsina 1991
13. Kano 1991
14. Zangon-Kataf 1992
15. Funtua 1993
16. Kano 1994
17. Kaduna 2000
18. Kaduna 2001
19. Maiduguri 2001
20. Jos Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
21. Kaduna 2002
22.Jos-November 2008
23. Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
24. Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
26. Jos Christmas Eve 2010
27. Madalla Christmas day 2011
28. Mubi January 6 2012
29. The many Igbo deaths caused by boko haram(which of course has the full backing of the northern elites).

And the list goes on. By the time you read this more would have died. The situation is getting out of hand and the Nigerian government has shown that it lacks the will and the capability to protect the life and property of Igbos in Nigeria.

Tell me.. How would a nation with so much blood shared exist?

5 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by mayorchelsea(m): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2016
coolzeal:
History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria

MASSACRE (City/Town and Year)

1. Jos 1945
2. Kano genocide 1953
3. 1966 pogroms- over 60,000 civilians were killed
4. May 29th 1967- over 200,000 civilians were killed.
5. 1967-70 – over 3,100,0000 killed during the bloody civil war (Including the Asaba Genocide).
6. Kano 1980
7. Maiduguri 1982
8. Jimeta 1984
9. Gombe 1985
10.Zaria 1987
11.Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
12.Bauchi & Katsina 1991
13. Kano 1991
14. Zangon-Kataf 1992
15. Funtua 1993
16. Kano 1994
17. Kaduna 2000
18. Kaduna 2001
19. Maiduguri 2001
20. Jos Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
21. Kaduna 2002
22.Jos-November 2008
23. Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
24. Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
26. Jos Christmas Eve 2010
27. Madalla Christmas day 2011
28. Mubi January 6 2012
29. The many Igbo deaths caused by boko haram(which of course has the full backing of the northern elites).

And the list goes on. By the time you read this more would have died. The situation is getting out of hand and the Nigerian government has shown that it lacks the will and the capability to protect the life and property of Igbos in Nigeria.

Tell me.. How would a nation with so much blood shared exist?
I wished you really applied wisdom in compiling this rotten list.so you mean the Corp members that died in the post-2011 election were all Igbos?This is the height of insanity and hypocrisy. SOME of the crisis you listed above were either religious,tribal or regional.Christianity against Islam or north versus south.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yorubas Are The Most-Favoured Economically In Nigeria"-Ex-Minister Adamu Ciroma by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2016
tpiar:
I really doubt the country is as big as we think. If it were, people would not need to migrate so much.

There are limited resources.

As per the thread title, I don't know.

I grew up poor.
Hahahahahahaha.
This last sentence got me

(1) (2) (Reply)

​exposed!! EFCC Begs Obanikoro To Help Implicate Fayose, Promises Him Safe Landi / Trump Vows To Deport 3 Million Illegal Immigrants / Biafra: Is It Time To Defund The Un?-------terry Paulson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.