Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village (32438 Views)

How To Stop People From Posting Nonsense In Your Facebook Timeline / Why Do Cockroaches Die With Their Belly Facing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by godoluwa(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by OfemiSmart: 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
THANK YOU smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by whitebone(m): 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Na wa for you o OP. Una they train cockroach for una yard? Why be say na so them boku for una place? Una no get insecticide? White, brown, red , black , big , small na so them full you place be careful o.. Them dey cause decease like leprosy o.. This one wey you they happy so say you don become Cockroachnologist
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
@op, nice post. U must be an interesting person.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Lollipop247(f): 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Geezz, whether white, black or blue, doesn't change the fact they are disgusting creatures. Yuck!!!! angry[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Godfullsam(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Angelic cockroach

@ OP this is a sign of good fortunes coming your way this year grin

2 Likes

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
I heard if one gets bitten by a white cockroach, it causes leprosy..
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by smoothlips(m): 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lilimax:
White cockroaches ke?
I've never come across it.
Must be the albino type of cockroach embarassed
You see this person? The post explained exactly the reason for white roaches but this person still read the post and got no knowledge at all...tomorrow now somebody will be calling for biafra
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Lilimax(f): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
smoothlips:

You see this person? The post explained exactly the reason for white roaches but this person still read the post and got no knowledge at all...tomorrow now somebody will be calling for biafra
Na you sabi! smiley
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
Utchgirl, you fine no be small

Also why is OP trying to assume that everyone has cockroaches in their house, is this supposed to be normal?
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by ogojiobaomo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
Maybe the cockroach swim inside yam flour ELUBO
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by aalex1: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
Research further and u'll learn that der are white roaches and dese are d ones responsible for leprosy.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Aristotle96(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Our next rated cockroach grin
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Purposebabe(f): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
OP, I have also seen one before. The first was in my wardrobe at school and the second at the front of my gate at home. I was actually surprised when I saw it the first time, but it ran away almost immediately. Then I began thinking I didn't see anything. But when I saw it the second time, I called my mom's attention.
She was surprised though.
White cockroach does exist
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Purposebabe(f): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Utchgirl, you fine no be small

Also why is OP trying to assume that everyone has cockroaches in their house, is this supposed to be normal?

Lol
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by JaredNomak: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Saw this more than thrice as a kid.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
Purposebabe:
OP, I have also seen one before. The first was in my wardrobe at school and the second at the front of my gate at home. I was actually surprised when I saw it the first time, but it ran away almost immediately. Then I began thinking I didn't see anything. But when I saw it the second time, I called my mom's attention.
She was surprised though.
White cockroach does exist

I've been on earth for a long time, seen all kinds of cockroaches big and small, but i've never seen a white one.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by xMrPx(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
In as much I wanted to tag it irrelevant post, I learnt something new today'. @OP, thanks' the lecture was cool' I will do more research' but I advice u do away with primitive thinking; villagers wouldn't visit via white cockroach sad
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Purposebabe(f): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
sketcherJ:
Have you ever seen a white cockroach before ? I don't mean those small tiny ones, I am talking about an adult big white cockroach, what was your reaction when you saw one? ,
Well I saw a white cockroach recently in my bathroom and I wont lie to you. I was surprised, I tried to bring it down but before I could find what i can use for that purpose; it disappeared; not literally, but I was surprised at how it could have ran away in that few seconds, I was curious so I decided to research on it .

What are the fallacy that are attached to white coackroaches?

1. They are ablino cockroaches
2. Some thought it is a good omen that something nice would happen
3. Others thought it is a visit from the people in their village

White cockroaches over the years has been attributed to albinism by some people,as we have among humans but the fact is that various science tests had found no trace of albinism in these white cockroaches and the idea was debunked, but what causes white cockroaches? Why do we have them?

This is the best answer

The real cause of a cockroach’s white appearance is that when roaches molt, they don’t only shed their outer shell, they also lose most of the pigmentation (coloration) in their bodies, which must then be replaced. This is a chemical reaction that occurs within the body, usually taking a few hours to fully restore pigmentation..so obviously the big cockroach I saw was in its molting stage and if I had captured it and wait a little longer, it would have turned brown, or maybe it did! Remember I said I was surprised it ran away in that few seconds? Maybe if I had looked well and pay heed to a brown cockroach hiding in the corner, maybe I would have found It..
But why don't we see white cockroaches often?

when cockroaches are in the process of molting, they go into hiding till the process has been restored! why.? Because they are highly vulnerable to dry up and predators after molting, since the new shell is not rigid enough for the muscles to provide much movement at this point, making it hard to run and hide when predators are chasing them.

So white cockroaches after some hours after molting now sport a new brown suit of armor, ready to go find food, water and shelter. Just like initiation into adulthood.

So why did I see a white cockroach that day? Why would you see it?

Maybe I disturbed or something had disturbed the hiding place of the cockroach which propelled it to run outside, if you don't disturb them, you won't see them.

Now I hope you have learnt a new thing today, when you see a white cockroach, I am sure you won't freak out now..ciao. cool

Lalasticlala , ishilove

Source

http://dandywriter..com.ng/2016/01/white-cockroaches-facts-and-fiction.html?m=1

OP,,, really love and understand your explanation. Got a question though. How do you explain the small cockroaches that are already brown. Don't you think the white cockroaches are another species entirely ?
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Purposebabe(f): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

I've been on earth for a long time, seen all kinds of cockroaches big and small, but i've never seen a white one.

They are very rare and some people might not have the privilege of seeing them in their life time. But I hope you will see one though

1 Like

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Mom007(f): 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Saw one as a child. .., disgusting! I hate cockroaches
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Chicagoesontop: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
sketcherJ:
See more pictures and explanations here

http://dandywriter..com.ng/2016/01/white-cockroaches-facts-and-fiction.html?m=1

OP, that white cockroach na half cast wey come from yankee visit im cousins dem wey full your house to celebrate the Christmas and new year festivals together with them in your house .. so u never hear say cockroaches get half cast ?!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by danidee10(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
i still remember when i was little in church i put my hand on an old wall and a white cockroach climbed my hand....the speed wey i take use run go back house ehnnnn....i was so scared i thought i was going to have leprosy grin
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
Purposebabe:

They are very rare and some people might not have the privilege of seeing them in their life time. But I hope you will see one though

I think its more of a region thing, none of the people i know have seen one, so maybe i have to move.
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by singsingsong: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
av u guys seen yellow cock roach....like seriouly, ive seen it twice
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by NOBODYY: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
mondbest:

NOBODY
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Chicagoesontop:

OP, that white cockroach na half cast wey come from yankee visit im cousins dem wey full your house to celebrate the Christmas and new year festivals together with them in your house .. so u never hear say cockroaches get half cast ?!! grin grin grin

lol, this really cracked me up well
Re: Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village by acooriz(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Story for the gods

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Major Scientifical Discoveries Of 2018 / Pros And Cons Of Installing A CCTV System In Your Homes Or Offices. / Just Killed A Snake In Our Living Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.