Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,235 members, 7,811,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

F - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / F (532 Views)

Obinim Accused Of Sleeping With Pastor's Wife After He Flogged Teenagers For Sex / Queen Elizabeth To Attend Worship And Communion Service With Pastor Chris / South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

F by goshen26: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2016
Mnmn
Re: F by thorpido(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2016
If you live there in the compound,then you will have to abide by the rules and attend the activities of the church.
Just do what is required while you try to get your independence.
Re: F by goshen26: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: F by Abee79(m): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2016
I feel same too. I have attended my Church for more than 30 years. There is always a war between the older folks and the youths. Instead of guidance, they are quick to judge and condemn. In 1998, a youth fellowship member went to the Pastor and confessed fornication. His immediate response was to dissolve the whole youth fellowship and youth band. Many youths were discouraged and left the Church. Many of my friends have since decamped to other Churches. I had played the bass guitar for 16 years and NO ONE ever said thank you - it was a gratuitous service. I kept consoling myself that I was doing it for God, till I became discouraged and disheartened 2 years ago and resigned from the youth band . . .
* Yesterday being the 1st Sunday in 2016, my family and visited one of my friends in his Church and guess what? I LOVED THE EXPERIENCE and I intend to decamp ASAP! Thankfully, I don't reside in the Church premises grin

(1) (Reply)

C / The Rise Of Common Sense -2 / 6 Facts About Easter You Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.