Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest (3498 Views)

Burial Of Chikaodi Uka Ume Who Was Killed During Biafran Protest In Aba (Photos) / Pro-Biafran Protest Turns Bloody In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Niger Delta Youths To Shut Down NLNG Facilities Over Planned Lagos Shipyard. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Noneroone(m): 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lagos - The Lagos State government on
Sunday sealed the main electrical and
electronic market in Oshodi.
Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on
Environmental and Special Offences
(Enforcement) Unit on Sunday morning
stormed the market to shut it.
It was gathered that as early as 06:00,
hundreds of armed police officers stormed
the market and shut it down.
Several police vans were stationed around
the market to scare away traders.
Most of the traders had gone to the East to
celebrate the Christmas and New Year
festivals.
The market was shut following
information that traders in the market had
decided to stage a protest in support of
Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of Indigenous
People of Biafra (IPOB), who is being
detained by the Department of State
Security Services (DSS).
Before the closure, it was gathered traders
were planning to organise a rally to
protest the continued detention of Kanu.

Lagos
Similar protests were organised by traders
at the popular Alaba International Market
before the Christmas holiday.
An official of the task force who pleaded
anonymity, however, said they were at the
market to seal it due to the traders
nonchalant attitude to environmental
sanitation.
He noted that the traders have taken
government’s threat lightly and did
nothing to remedy the situation.
Most of the traders, however, disagreed
with the government position.
They noted that they have always abide
with environmental laws.
They wondered why government had to
shut the market when most of the traders
had gone to the East to celebrate the
Christmas and New Year holidays.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/lagos-shuts-down-oshodi-electronic-market-over-planned-biafra-protest-20160104
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Noneroone(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
This fear of Biafra is becoming too much. I heard pastors in SW now use the name biafra to deliver their members

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Udmaster(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
These Nnamdi Kanu Igbos should respect themselves and stop attracting insults to the GREAT IGBO NATION
-- Many responsible IGBOS in Lagos are going about their various business and living peacefully with their host community.. Lagos is a yoruba land.
--NB: I AM A PROUD IGBO

20 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by vayne(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lol
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Noneroone(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Udmaster:
These Nnamdi Kanu Igbos should respect themselves and stop attracting insults to the GREAT IGBO NATION
-- Many responsible IGBOS in Lagos are going about their various business and living peacefully with their host community.. Lagos is a yoruba land.
but i thought freedom of peaceful assembly is a constitutional right. Why will expressing ones right attract him insult from their 'host community' ?

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Udmaster(m): 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
Noneroone:
but i thought freedom of peaceful assembly is a constitutional right. Why will expressing ones right attract him insult from their 'host community' ?
Because there is no wisdom in Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB business..
Foolishness is not Igbo- Gen. Ihejirika

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Noneroone(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Udmaster:
Because there is no wisdom in Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB business..
Foolishness is not Igbo- Gen. Ihejirika
let me leave you if that will cure ur convulsion

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by APCsupporter: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
First they were like :
"we will burn down the zoo"

And now they are like:
" respect rule of law!! "

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef grin

Amazing decision

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by ademega(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
they should arrest some and put them where their leader is

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Stolen: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
APC, AMBODE, FASHOLA AND BUHARI SHOULD DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND CLOSE ALL THE MARKETS IN LAGOS.

WE HAVE LONG REQUESTED THEY MOVE THEIR BASE TO THE EAST.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by APCsupporter: 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Noneroone:

Its the same as saying its legal to protest for the release of boko haram members!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by YoruBanger: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
An official of the task force who pleaded anonymity, however, said they were at the market to seal it due to the traders nonchalant attitude to environmental
sanitation.

He noted that the traders have taken
government’s threat lightly and did
nothing to remedy the situation.

Smh. Instead of those dirty traders to comply with the Lagos state govt directive to clean-up their environment, they are resorting to Biafra propaganda and blackmail to whip up ethnic sentiments.

Yinmu. They are on a long thing coz na Dem go lose money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by B69U: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
ANYBODY THAT THINK IGBOS WILL DIE WITHOUT TRADING IN LAGOS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS LAGOS THAT WILL DIE WITHOUT IGBOS TRADERS.

IF YOU DOUBT THAT, LET ALL THOSE TRADERS RELOCATE TO THE EAST FIRST.

LAGOS STATE GOV SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY DID NOT GIVE ANYBODY MONEY TO START ANY BUSINESS.

IGBOS ARE NOT BEGGARS AND NOT BEGGING ANYBODY TO ALLOW THEM TRADE IN LAGOS.

IF EVERYBODY IS TIRED OF ONE NIGERIA, LET US DIVIDE PEACEFULLY SO EVERYBODY CAN BE SATISFIED.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Noneroone(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
APCsupporter:

Its the same as saying its legal to protest for the release of boko haram members!
is right to peaceful assembly constitutional or not?
Btw how will it stop the protest?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by YoruBanger: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
B69U:
ANYBODY THAT THINK IGBOS WILL DIE WITHOUT TRADING IN LAGOS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IS LAGOS THAT WILL DIE WITHOUT IGBOS TRADERS.

Lol. Delusion of grandeur. Na only Igbos dey trade for Nigeria or Lagos? Abi wetin Una dey go buy and sell from China wey others no fit do the same? Keep deceiving yourself there you hear?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Tkester: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Udmaster:

I know you're Igbo. But you know we want to leave Nigeria, so we're doing everything possible to achieve our goals. If protesting in Lagos and constituting nuisance will give us Biafra so be it. For me, anything that will quicken disintegration of this contraption called Nigga area is highly welcomed.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Shaftrod(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
Please leave the SW and those reasonable Igbo traders or Igbos serving as civil servants in Lagos out of your childish protest.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by B69U: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
YoruBanger:

Lol. Delusion of grandeur. Na only Igbos dey trade for Nigeria or Lagos? Abi wetin Una dey go buy and sell from China wey others no fit do the same? Keep deceiving yourself there you hear?

I KNOW U BAN ME EARLIER AND HIDE MY COMMENT. THIS IS A NEW YEAR, HAPPILY PUSH THE THREAD WITHOUT QUOTING ME?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by APCsupporter: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Noneroone:
is right to peaceful assembly constitutional or North?
Btw how will it stop the protest?

Because of your obsession with north, you mistakenly type 'not'.

I dont even understand ur question at all

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by YoruBanger: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
B69U:

I KNOW U BAN ME EARLIER AND HIDE MY COMMENT. THIS IS A NEW YEAR, HAPPILY PUSH THE THREAD WITHOUT QUOTING ME?

Are you drunk? ? Do I look like a mod to you?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Noneroone(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
APCsupporter:

Because of your obsession with north, you mistakenly type 'not'.

I dont even understand ur question at all
both can be used interchangeably grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by ccoolitempa: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
The protests must not only be shut down but there should be a shoot at sight order given... angry

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Naijji: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Fear-fear
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by zendy: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Noneroone:

So you don't know that we are in an era of dictatorship?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by scholes0(m): 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by cheruv: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
B69U:
ANYBODY THAT THINK IGBOS WILL DIE WITHOUT TRADING IN LAGOS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS LAGOS THAT WILL DIE WITHOUT IGBOS TRADERS.

LAGOS STATE GOV SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY DID NOT GIVE ANYBODY MONEY TO START ANY BUSINESS.

IF EVERYBODY IS TIRED OF ONE NIGERIA, LET US DIVIDE PEACEFULLY SO EVERYBODY CAN BE SATISFIED.
Amaghim ihe anyi naekposhiari n'ala
Ha kewaa obodo vu naijiria ka onye obula zaa aha nna ya! undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by scholes0(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
B69U:

But, Pls.... What have they been waiting for all this while?
We've been hearing this, "we'll leave Lagos" mantra since like forever now...... The people there even asked you to go at one time.
Yet they are still there till tomorrow. Are they waiting for Biafla?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by Lumiere91: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
Evil thrives when good men refuse to do something.its high time we real igbos stand up against this biaflies

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Electronic Market Over Planned Biafran Protest by funmijoyb(f): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
angry angry Nnamdi kanu has commited felony..he's totally gone.
D day they will hang him NTA will broadcast it to d world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Country That Talks In Quadrillion Not Even Trillion / If I Hug A Yoruba Man Kill Me Nnamdi Kanu Boast / If It Is Not A Quarantine, Why Must The Army Administer Vaccines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.