Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,692 members, 7,840,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor (27743 Views)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Photo Of A Husband Backing His Plus-Sized Wife Through Pains / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Spinster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by talktonase(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2016
Absolutely feel that way right now.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Lobolintin(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:
Being a bachelor in our society can sometimes come with certain pains and deprivations! grin. Well, it is all good sha! Some things are better to be experienced than for you to be told cool If you still think only ladies share from it, you are on a long thing!

1) When you go to the market to buy foodstuffs, the traders notice you easily as a bachelor and some would want to use that as an opportunity to make abnormal profits off you, especially, when you don't have a regular customer you buy from! If na for me, market fall press them because I sabi price well well o! I fit price your 500Naira fish for 150Naira!!! grin. Na joke I dey o!

2) You close from work after a hard day's job, feeling tired and weak but you still have to prepare what to eat...unless you want to settle for junk foods such as Akara and bread or bread and fanta (Truckman's sandwich) grin

3) You open your facebook page and it seems everyone you knew out there back in school is getting married! You just feel like uploading your marriage pics too! cheesy

4) You are having a swell time in the office and a naughty colleague of yours throws in a joke of you being a 'Manchelor' without realizing the mental effect of it. What do you do? You laugh it off...apply humour! cheesy

5) Family people are sharing things and they give you a small portion...before you make an attempt to complain, someone stands up to remind you that you are not married yet, that those that got bigger portions are family men.

6) You hardly tell your landlord that you don't have money for utility bills yet; he is bound to ask you: 'You dor marry?' 'Do you have kids you feed?' 'Wetin you dey use money dey do?' See me see problem o! So I don't have personal expenses because I am not married?

7) They inaugurate a committee in your company and they give the key roles to the married folks who are less competent than you! Why? The management think they are more responsible cheesy Error!!!

8. When you are very free and open, neighbours, especially, the female ones, take advantage. They enter your crib at random, open your freezer and help themselves with beverages and foods! Who go challenge dem?

9) Sometimes when you do business with married folks, they want to take advantage of it as they feel they need more money than you since they have mouths to feed. Ogbeni, stop it! Na me give your wife belle to born children? grin

10) Friends keep pointing out girls they know that can make good wives. When some see you chilling with a babe, they secretly tell you, 'Dis one fit you o! Marry am na'!!! Without even knowing who she is. So e mean say me no get eyes and mind of my own again?

2016...Lips sealed!!! lipsrsealed cool

My brother... Don hear am oooo oooo,small thing gp and marry,go and Marry,

Shai, wia re the babes ooooopppo,age don dey mess niggas up ooo

Abeg just just follow me

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Pidggin(f): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2016
This sounds like a joke compared to what single sisters go through

8 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Lobolintin(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2016
ronald4lif:
Number 10 is the most common. Once you're an eligible bachelor any girl people see you with will be regarded as your to-be wife. Friends and family will start making intimation and side remarks of when it's the wedding, abeg invite me o lol. Make God no gree your mama see you with woman, na there wedding plans fit start. grin

Hahahahahaha same here
Was helping a mans daughter to draft a proposal, and she works in The bank, well behaved and well manenered,

Nah so my mom and her mom arrange intro....

Without our most consent...when we just be friends in business alone...
Hahahah

6 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by fadareabiodun: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2016
[/b][b]
Rapmoney:
Being a bachelor in our society can sometimes come with certain pains and deprivations! grin. Well, it is all good sha! Some things are better to be experienced than for you to be told cool If you still think only ladies share from it, you are on a long thing!

1) When you go to the market to buy foodstuffs, the traders notice you easily as a bachelor and some would want touse that as an opportunity to make abnormal profits off you, especially, when you don't have a regular customer you buy from! If na for me, market fall press them because I sabi price well well o! I fit price your 500Naira fish for 150Naira!!! grin. Na joke I dey o!

2) You close from work after a hard day's job, feeling tired and weak but you still have to prepare what to eat...unless you want to settle for junk foods such as Akara and bread or bread and fanta (Truckman's sandwich) grin

3) You open your facebook page and it seems everyone you knew out there back in school is getting married! You just feel like uploading your marriage pics too! cheesy

4) You are having a swell time in the office and a naughty colleague of yours throws in a joke of you being a 'Manchelor' without realizing the mental effect of it. What do you do? You laugh it off...apply humour! cheesy

5) Family people are sharing things and they give you a small portion...before you make an attempt to complain, someone stands up to remind you that you are not married yet, that those that got bigger portions are family men.

6) You hardly tell your landlord that you don't have money for utility bills yet; he is bound to ask you: 'You dor marry?' 'Do you have kids you feed?' 'Wetin you dey use money dey do?' See me see problem o! So I don't have personal expenses because I am not married?
No 1 is very comon to those iyaloja(market women) they av a slogan to that challenged u not to bit d price dwn too much( why u man price like a woman like this. But most time I don't look there uche face.
7) They inaugurate a committee in your company and they give the key roles to the married folks who are less competent than you! Why? The management think they are more responsible cheesy Error!!!

8. When you are very free and open, neighbours, especially, the female ones, take advantage. They enter your crib at random, open your freezer and help themselves with beverages and foods! Who go challenge dem?

9) Sometimes when you do business with married folks, they want to take advantage of it as they feel they need more money than you since they have mouths to feed. Ogbeni, stop it! Na me give your wife belle to born children? grin

10) Friends keep pointing out girls they know that can make good wives. When some see you chilling with a babe, they secretly tell you, 'Dis one fit you o! Marry am na'!!! Without even knowing who she is. So e mean say me no get eyes and mind of my own again?

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by flokii: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2016
some of those market women will still be whyning you...

xpecially d sisis...

you'll here things like... 'or should I come and help you cook, I dnt mind' etc. etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by fadareabiodun: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2016
[b][/b]
2dice:
lol am getting old my son..when will I see my Grandchildren lines grin
it is part of it even if ur mother does nott complained ur street elder will be much botherd abt having wife... Though it make a man resposible when u got married....
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by coleon(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:

1) When you go to the market to buy foodstuffs, the traders notice you easily as a bachelor and some would want to use that as an opportunity to make abnormal profits off you, especially, when you don't have a regular customer you buy from! If na for me, market fall press them because I sabi price well well o! I fit price your 500Naira fish for 150Naira!!! grin. Na joke I dey o!

You are so on point the things i go through in this life simply because of my marital status is really disgusting, particularly the nos 7 and 9 .
It happens to me all the time.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by oseiwe(m): 9:36am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:

omoh, i say na dis year we go change am cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by roybassey(m): 9:36am On Jan 05, 2016
angryI swear no 6 really plays out in my life often.ma landlord no wan hear say I no get money

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by 2dice(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2016
fadareabiodun:
[b][/b] it is part of it even if ur mother does nott complained ur street elder will be much botherd abt having wife... Though it make a man resposible when u got married....
True lol naija mothers will complain till you get a lady pregnant grin
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by 2dice(m): 9:50am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:
For real, my guy cheesy
na our talent be that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Dom2020: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2016
Bros abeg go marry.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by busybeei5(f): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2016
embarassed
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by amiskurie(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2016
*singing** this is my story,this is my song.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Rapmoney(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2016
coleon:

You are so on point the things i go through in this life simply because of my marital status is really disgusting, particularly the nos 7 and 9 .
It happens to me all the time.
Thanks wink
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Rapmoney(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2016
oseiwe:

omoh, i say na dis year we go change am cheesy
Na so e be my guy! As e dey hot! cool
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Toks2008(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2016
Very very true...

Someone told me yesterday that i should be married and i answered "OFCOURSE I AM MARRIED"

At least that saved me some boring regular jamb questions that usually follows whenever i say i am not married.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Djtm(m): 10:15am On Jan 05, 2016
Pidggin:
Really? This is an intersting thread. I would love it if you could put up a thread on the ordeals of single ladies, then invite the single ladies to share their stories. Kindly tag me so I'll read through the thread.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 05, 2016
But some men (guys) here said with money women go come cheap cheap, y d complain now?
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by toyeanlawlah(f): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2016
anochuko01:
that was how my mum came to my room two days ago o. asking ''do you have a fiancee yet? coz I saw this girl in the church...she's this and that....your kids would be like oyinbo''

like say I send her message
when I'm not even up to 25 yet!!!

lolzzzzz.... ur mum z planning ya future 4 u ni.......
but criozly our mothers could b funny @tymz. Haba....lyk u cnt talk 2 a lady or w@?!? na wa o
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by callherspices(f): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2016
anochuko01:
that was how my mum came to my room two days ago o. asking ''do you have a fiancee yet? coz I saw this girl in the church...she's this and that....your kids would be like oyinbo''

Hahahahahahahaha ur mum is one funny woman grin
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by gerald09(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:

What u mean (truckman sandwich) dude that a Nigerian delicacy, it's best for breakfast on a weekend with pap. I ain't a truck man but I will stand in a line for some akara
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by callherspices(f): 10:39am On Jan 05, 2016
Pidggin:
Can u do us the honour and open a counter thread?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by toyeanlawlah(f): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Toks2008:
Very very true...

Someone told me yesterday that i should be married and i answered "OFCOURSE I AM MARRIED"

At least that saved me some boring regular jamb questions that usually follows whenever i say i am not married.

hmmmmnnnn. New yr lie..... diariz God o
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by plendil: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2016
Pidggin:

it depends.

If anything, people tend to be more sensitive to single ladies probably because they are more likely to take offence.

For instance, in my office, the bachelors regularly get poked at and made fun off, right to their faces. But for the ladies, usually comments are made behind their backs and rarely to their face.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Shigoboy(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2016
Bro you are 100% on point, when ever I log in to Facebook and I see my colleagues we both finished school uploading wedding pics, I be like shocked this guy Don marry? This girl Don wed? Especially seeing those that have kids already, na that time e dey do me like say make I marry and born within a month cheesy but the thing no easy, everybody want good thing but na money dey yab man

2 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by yemmy75(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2016
@No. 8: One day, monkey go go market... grin
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Horlawale1(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2016
Too young to get married niw :
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by uwadia79(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2016
Thank u my brother,I am a victim to almost all u mentioned.God will surely see us 3ru.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by preciousman(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2016
anochuko01:

bros naso some mothers be ooh mine is even doing the same self...is kinda funny
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by oforij(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2016
And you call these 10 wack PAINS¿ #your opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having 2 Wives? / Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.