Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (27698 Views)

Are Women Designed To Seek Multiple Partners? / Women Are Their Worst Enemies / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 20, 2012
Please ladies enlighten me.

I thought the competition was meant to be among men who are the supposedly natural predators, yet women hate other women because of a man, they lie, cheat, back stab, betray. . .why is it like this?

It's so rare to see a woman standing up for another woman, they'd rather join hands with the men to hate on their fellows. Thinking of women calling other women whores, biatches, ugly, useless, spoilt, etc. . .

I've never heard a man talking ill of another man before. . .on the contrary they hail each other for the same things they (and other women) condemn women for.

Please ladies. Why are we our worst enemies?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Freesia(f): 10:58pm On May 20, 2012
I believe a lot of it has to do with growing up with no self esteem so they mature to adults with no confidence in themselves and therefore end up too busy competing against each other or finding faults with each other.Some men bash and compete with each other too.Ever seen two men fight over a lady or a postion at work it happens there too just on a different wavelength. Let's take this example you are walking down the street and you see another woman walking towards her Range Rover what comes to your mind? (a) She must be married to some tycoon who bought her the car or will you choose (b) that she is a sucessful woman who bought the car for herself??. This judgments between ladies are there it's how you use them to influence your life that matters. Some women are so tired of being hated on they have grown thick skin which might be interpreted as been arrogant by others

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpia5: 11:04pm On May 20, 2012
Freesia: Let's take this example you are walking down the street and you see another woman walking towards her Range Rover what comes to your mind?

nothing necessarily comes to my own mind, but i notice the pc position seems to be the other stuff you stated there.

as in, that's what would be considered the normal and expected reaction from the average person.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpia5: 11:06pm On May 20, 2012
@ topic

the nature of eve?
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Freesia(f): 11:16pm On May 20, 2012
tpia@:

nothing necessarily comes to my own mind, but i notice the pc position seems to be the other stuff you stated there.

as in, that's what would be considered the normal and expected reaction from the average person.
. Reason I mentioned lack of self esteem...You wouldn't put too much into it because all you see is a good truck but a woman raised with no self esteem would think that a man is behind the other woman's sucess.I have always wondered why a woman would knowingly date a married man for instance especially when he's financially well off? Why not say no and believe that her own man will come too
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by SisiKill1: 11:42pm On May 20, 2012
It's quite simple really - women look to men for validation and they will do anything to get it even if it means destroying their fellow (wo)man.

Yep, they join the men to attack their other women because a woman who isn't in favor with men is automatically out of the competition. Unfortunately the men know this and use it all the time to pit women against one another. A few words of praise here, A good job tap on the head there and the woman on the receiving end of their praises starts to preen (she has received her Queen Bee Badge)and is ready to do more of their bidding.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpia5: 11:47pm On May 20, 2012
because a woman who isn't in favor with men is automatically out of the competition.

so what exactly does it take to be out of favour with men?

would really like to know.

they are such cunning creations of God, you think a woman would be out of favour with them, only to find them refusing to let her be out of favour, thus continuing the cycle of envy and bitterness from other women and instigating the female folks to keep launching attacks against their fellow women.

the thing tire me!!!!!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by SisiKill1: 11:50pm On May 20, 2012
Oh interesting Article on this subject

We Need a 'Sisterhood' (and we need one now...)

While an attractive woman was walking to her brand new Range Rover, I immediately made judgments about her. I assumed that one, she was married to a rich guy who bought her that car, or two, she divorced someone rich. I mean, why should an attractive woman be able to attain success and buy her own car, right?

I caught myself making these unfair judgments about her and wondered why I felt the need to bash this woman for no reason. I didn’t know her at all. All I made were presumptions about her because I was jealous. I was walking to my Pontiac Grand Am in sweatpants, while she looked like a supermodel. Would I have made the same judgments about a man walking to an expensive car?

I’m not the only woman who has made unfair judgments of another woman. I can back this statement up because I play on the golf team at my university with nine other women, which is a breading zone for jealousy. Nasty comments are thrown left and right, especially about girls on other teams we hardly know. They range from whether it’s about how a pair of shorts fits a girl or if her golf is shirt is too tight; yet, in reality, that particular girl really just has an amazing body.

Women constantly seem to be competing against each other. The word “bitch” is thrown around and used as an adjective to describe anyone we don’t like. There seems to be an apparent need to elevate our self-esteem by bringing down other women who have done nothing personal against us or whom we haven’t even met. And truthfully, it completely sucks that women have found themselves pitting against each other, rather than lifting each other up.

I don’t mean to generalize all women, because not every woman is catty towards one other. For instance, I have a wonderful group of lady friends who encourage me in all my endeavors, that never purposefully bring me down, who only offer constructive criticism when they see that I may be making poor choices, and from what I know, they never act as though they’re jealous of my personal success. I can only hope that they feel the same about me.

While I’m lucky enough to have found this group of friends, some women aren’t so lucky.

My friend, Monica, has repeatedly told me, “I’d rather be friends with guys because they won’t go around telling my business to everyone and there’s a lot less drama.”

My other friend, Erin, once told me that she was very cautious of women she allowed into her life because she trusted them less then men.

Our culture even encourages this behavior of women vs. women. Look at shows such as, The Bachelor, where 25 women are fighting for the love of a man they’ve never met. They will literally say and do anything to win his heart, even if it means spreading lies about other girls whom they simply feel threatened by. Or the Bad Girls Club, where a group of seven women live together who are shown at their meanest and nastiest moments, getting in physical fights with other women and showing who’s the “main bitch” of the house.

I began asking around to see why women feel the need to constantly be nasty towards each other. Several different people responded with the same assessment: women compete with each other because of a deeply rooted insecurity about themselves. Instead of being happy for another woman, she showcases how truly jealous and insecure she is through her cattiness and by trying to prove that she is actually better than the woman she hates.

While that all seems apparent, my sister pointed out something very relevant, “I think the reason women cut each other down so much is that they feel they still have much to prove to move forward and progress.”

And, it’s true. Women are still on the quest to attain equality with men. We still get paid less, we are still put in roles that stereotype us to the fullest extreme, and many of us feel forced to use our sexuality as our way to garner success.

But, what can we do about it? Instead of seeing each other as the ‘enemy’, maybe we could actually try to support each other. There is no reason to bring another woman down simply because we don’t have what she does; whether it’s looks, success, brains, or a significant other.

If women have the desire to attain equality, maybe the quickest and easiest way to reach that goal is to treat each other with respect. If society can see that women actually like each other and that we want each other to be at our best and happiest, then there will be no reason why others won’t start treating with us the dignity we deserve. It has to start with us. We can’t expect that things will get better or change if we don’t create a real ‘sisterhood’ that is centered around women lifting up other women. Until then, I suppose we’ll be in the ring fighting it out? But, throwing punches is only going to mess up our manicures.

I might as have bolded the entire article because every word in it is soooooo on point!! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by SisiKill1: 11:53pm On May 20, 2012
tpia@:

so what exactly does it take to be out of favour with men?

would really like to know.

they are such cunning creations of God, you think a woman would be out of favour with them, only to find them refusing to let her be out of favour, thus continuing the cycle of envy and bitterness from other women and instigating the female folks to keep launching attacks against their fellow women.

the thing tire me!!!!!

Exactly!!!!!!

By the way to answer your question - What does it take to be in or out of favor with them? Nothing. . .absolutely nothing and by that I mean there are no set directives, it all just depends on their whims. . .the men's I mean.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpia5: 11:55pm On May 20, 2012
surely their whims should still be subject to certain boundaries. . . . .

oh well.

@ article

the nature of eve, imo. Was thinking about this the other day.

dont think they can help it.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 12:11am On May 21, 2012
I have a differing view. Most of the time women who are referred to as bitches or whores are indeed bitches or whores or show the traits of being one. People would not call a woman names just because they want to. I have more female acquaintances than male, from my experience the females that scream the loudest on issues like this or preferring male friends than females are the bitchiest, nastiest sets of human beings on planet earth.

It is impossible for a woman of good character to always be dragged in such mudslinging. If the woman consistently finds herself in such, then the problem is the woman herself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpia5: 12:50am On May 21, 2012
^^i have to disagree with much of your post.

women by nature tend to be "preemptive strikers"- meaning they will attack anyone they consider a threat to whatever attention they deem fit to be received by only themselves, from men.

you dont have to be bitchy before you find yourself at the receiving end of these bitter attacks launched against your person.

as a matter of fact, someone who is well behaved and who gets the attention of males because of this, will often find herself making enemies even out of thin air. The obvious reason being the fact that she is making herself attractive to the males instead of endearing herself to the female folks. If such a person takes the trouble to endear herself to females, the attacks may not be as bitter.

the key factor which makes a difference in such scenarios, is still the presence of males which determines which way the penduum will swing.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by tpia5: 12:52am On May 21, 2012
women who are indeed bitchy in character, still might not get as much hate thrown their way, as those who arent.

reason is the bitchy ones will still have their circles and groups of friends who are of like mind and if nothing else, the bitchy women will deal with anyone who they consider a foe.

however,, i do agree some women bring on the attacks by their actions or nature, but i wouldnt say all.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 1:25am On May 21, 2012
tpia@:
^^i have to disagree with much of your post.

women by nature tend to be "preemptive strikers"- meaning they will attack anyone they consider a threat to whatever attention they deem fit to be received by only themselves, from men.

Nothing wrong in having survival instincts. Even men do.

you dont have to be bitchy before you find yourself at the receiving end of these bitter attacks launched against your person.

Yes you don't. But most of the time yessssss from my experience, females deemed bitchy are indeed bitchy. It's not jealousy, it is what it is.

as a matter of fact, someone who is well behaved and who gets the attention of males because of this, will often find herself making enemies even out of thin air. The obvious reason being the fact that she is making herself attractive to the males instead of endearing herself to the female folks. If such a person takes the trouble to endear herself to females, the attacks may not be as bitter.

Men also start to hate on such women when their advances are not reciprocated. Naija men especially, tehehe. grin Hating is not gender specific. Besides who do you think would be envious of the attractive females. . .answer is the types of females I described in my earlier post.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by kennylat: 5:10am On May 21, 2012
hmmm
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by sleekdot(m): 5:11am On May 21, 2012
Women need men for validation, well I dont know about that

hardly do you see women friendship lasting for too long, There would already be suspicion of jealousy, hating backbiting being thrown aroundetc.

A woman would just out of thin air start thinking of imaginary enemies who don't like her.

A good example is this family section which is majority women, most married and not seeking any male validation except their husbands who arent NLanders yet they fight like anything, they have even formed cabals against others

I mean go to any male dominated section like sport and see if there is an fight going on there

JK told me its the oestrogen effect
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by taryour(f): 9:49am On May 21, 2012
Very nice thread n am hopin to learn from it.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by ikelvin(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2012
dat's women 4u, u can't change or cheat nature.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Brixtonyute(m): 5:30pm On May 21, 2012
michelin89: Please ladies enlighten me.

I thought the competition was meant to be among men who are the supposedly natural predators, yet women hate other women because of a man, they lie, cheat, back stab, betray. . .why is it like this?

It's so rare to see a woman standing up for another woman, they'd rather join hands with the men to hate on their fellows. Thinking of women calling other women whores, biatches, ugly, useless, spoilt, etc. . .

I've never heard a man talking ill of another man before. . .on the contrary they hail each other for the same things they (and other women) condemn women for.

Please ladies. Why are we our worst enemies?

The bolded part of you post is an outright lie, men are worse than women when it comes to talking ill of other men... It seems women underrate the power they have under their skirts lol.. It's a woman's world, it's just that you lot don't know how to use the power you have got....

Back to the topic:

Women are their own worst enemies because you're women, duhhh... You lot talk too much!! And women hate other women because of a man due to the fact that you let popular definition of an attractive guy sway your instincts... Basically, most women are attracted to the same type of guys...

But men on the other hand are attracted to women based on their natural instincts... Some women may be good to look at, but attraction is a different thing in a man's world... I admire girls with big 'yansh' and massive ti/t/s, but I'm only attracted to classy and average girls...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by ikelvin(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2012
women, make una quarrel joor, it's good 4 us men.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by opokonwa(m): 5:36pm On May 21, 2012
Like poles repel, unlike poles attract _ Laws of Magneticism

Women are like 'Like Poles'
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by onila(f): 5:54pm On May 21, 2012
.women pretend to get along but then later on gossip abt that person..they two faced...men tho they fight physically 4 wat theyy wantttt..

it's all about genetics. Women have been genetically taught and manipulated over thousands of years to compete against each other for male partners. This psychosomatic phenomenon has brought out characteristic traits in women which value lying, cheating, and hurting each other because of this gentrification.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by onila(f): 6:08pm On May 21, 2012
women are always JEALOUS!
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by slimroneeq(f): 6:12pm On May 21, 2012
i hate my fellow ladies cos dey pretend to b 4 u bt lata chang 2 b against u.i dont trust my 6ta only God can 1 put her trust
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by SisiKill1: 6:18pm On May 21, 2012
This not a hatefest abeg, we want solution so we can form a good, strong and supportive SISTERHOOD cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by omotayokay: 6:33pm On May 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: This not a hatefest abeg, we want solution so we can form a good, strong and supportive SISTERHOOD cheesy cheesy
hehe...*speechless*
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by kemiola89(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2012
slimroneeq: i hate my fellow ladies cos dey pretend to b 4 u bt lata chang 2 b against u.i dont trust my 6ta only God can 1 put her trust
u dont trust your sister ke? Dis is serious
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Afam4eva(m): 6:39pm On May 21, 2012
Nice thread.

Women can really be incorrigible. A lady can meet another lady for the first time and write a full book about the lady. You'll hear things like "Did you see the way she rolled her eyes when she entered the office? What's was she feeling like sef?". kai, ladies, cut yourselves some slack biko.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Afam4eva(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2012
slimroneeq: i hate my fellow ladies cos dey pretend to b 4 u bt lata chang 2 b against u.i dont trust my 6ta only God can 1 put her trust
My sister kinda thinks like you. She beleives other ladies are gossips and trouble makers. She says she prefers having guys as friends.
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by ARareGem(f): 6:44pm On May 21, 2012
A lil' less jealousy, Sisters. smiley
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 21, 2012
kemiola89: u dont trust your sister ke? Dis is serious

You can now see who has [b]the [/b]issue.cheesy But she's blaming other women o. grin
Re: Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2012
afam4eva: Nice thread.

Women can really be incorrigible. A lady can meet another lady for the first time and write a full book about the lady. You'll hear things like "Did you see the way she rolled her eyes when she entered the office? What's was she feeling like sef?". kai, ladies, cut yourselves some slack biko.

You are even going too far. Shebi your example they saw face to face?

What of on NL where they havent seen themselves before and they just pick quarells.
One of my numerous NL wives told me of how many ppl on NL hate her and even wished her dead. These are people she has never met in her lives and may actually be her neighbour, boss classmates or even family in real life.

You wld hear women say I dont like her, Why? I just dont like her. Wetin she do you person wey no sabi you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.