Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Marriages & Handheld Mobile Devices - Its Effects - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriages & Handheld Mobile Devices - Its Effects (718 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Why marriages are failing and solutions / Crazy Things Women Do To Save Their Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriages & Handheld Mobile Devices - Its Effects by BluStreak(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2016
It has become imperative to take a salient look at the effects of smart hand held devices on relationships and human interaction with focus on marriage. These devices are awash with gaming apps like Candy Crush, information and entertainment sites like Nairaland, instant messaging apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, fashion and gossip blogs like Linda Ikeji and so on; the list is endless, that can keep one glued for hours on end oblivious of his/her surrounding. It is also a known fact that most individuals cannot spend 2 hours on a stretch without reverting to their mobile devices except perhaps when asleep. With all these in mind, I want us to dissect this topic and take a look at the under listed questions.

1. What effect has the advent of these devices had on today's marriages?

2. No doubt they are very important in our daily lives in this 21st century, how do you balance the distractions they create in other to foster the intimate relationship that should exist between couples and even their children where there are kids in the mix.

3. Will it be right to assume that these devices has further stifled life out of whatever that is left in today's marriages occasioned by the daily chores of striving to survive in a harsh economy like we find ourselves?

Questions to be asked are inexhaustible but I narrowed down to this few just to make it a brief read. You are however at liberty to touch whichever areas you feel concerned.

In my own view, there were stronger bond in marriages some 10 - 15 years ago than exits today.

What say ya all?

Lalasticalla, you will agree with me this is a FP material.
Re: Marriages & Handheld Mobile Devices - Its Effects by BluStreak(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lalasticala you don see this?

(1) (Reply)

My Hatred For My Parent And Uncle Is At Its Peak. / A Male Child Available For Adoption. / 24-year-old Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Lagos, Baby Survives (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.