Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

First Black James Bond EVER - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / First Black James Bond EVER (712 Views)

Your James Bond: Daniel Craig Vs Pierce Brosnan / Is The World Ready For A Black James Bond / David Oyelowo Becomes The First Black James Bond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Black James Bond EVER by kateskitty(f): 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
David Oyelowo has won the race to become the first black James Bond ever in the history of the 007 adventure series. The British actor will lend his voice to the secret agent in the new audio book of the latest Bond novel written by Anthony Horowitz.

The actor said he is “very honoured” when the news was revealed. “I am officially the only person on planet Earth who can legitimately say, ‘I am the new James Bond.’ He also added “I was asked specifically by the Fleming estate, which is really special,”

Oyelowo’s previous roles include Henry VI for the Royal Shakespeare Company – which made him the first black actor to play an English king in a major Shakespeare production. The role won him The Ian Charleson Award. He also played the MI5 officer Danny Hunter in the BBC TV drama Spooks and was acclaimed for his performance as Martin Luther King in Selma.

Oyelowo will play Bond, and other characters, in the audio book version of Trigger Mortis, written by Anthony Horowitz and commissioned by the Ian Fleming estate. Born in Oxford to Nigerian parents, he is also known in Hollywood and has starred opposite Tom Cruise in the movie Jack Reacher, a drama based on a book by Lee Child.

Read full Post here >>> http://www.threeg33ks.com/entertainment/first-black-james-bond-ever/

Re: First Black James Bond EVER by krak101(m): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good news

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Power Of Olamide / Have You Seen The African Booty Scratcher Trailer? It Needs Some Funds / “i’m His Father” - Dele Momodu Responds To Davido’s “my Boy” Jibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.