Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Nigeria In 2015; What I Learned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2015; What I Learned (319 Views)

Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President / If Buhari Said This In January 2015, What Will He Say Now? / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria In 2015; What I Learned by stanodi: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2016

2015 has seen the good, the bad and the ugly for Nigeria and Nigerians. Here are some of the best picks of what I learned in 2015.

1. Nigerian politicians are increasingly embracing social media; it is no more a pastime of idle youths.

2. D’Tigers are tired of playing second fiddle to Angola, and so they emerged winners at the Afro basket championship in 2015
3. After the 2016 Budget presentation, it was widely believed that President Buhari need to address the nation more often.
4. Bloggers are making a shitload of money and buying up mansion.

5. Year of the unlikely downfalls, Mourinho, Blatter, Jonathan etc.
6. New oni of Ife; Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi. Kabiyesi o!
7. President Buhari is really out for corrupt officials. Anyways guess we always knew.
8. Money doesn’t win elections anymore, but rather money well spent.
9. Nigerians may not have been forced to form orderly lines at bus stops and other places under the gaze of whip-wielding soldiers, but we have been made to queue at fuel stations.
10. Nigeria cannot keep depending on Oil (according to PWC oil is 97% of Nigerian export), it’s just not sustainable
11. 2016 will be a tougher year for businesses as the dollar rates keep soaring. Large companies as well as smaller ones will be affected. A friend who runs an interior decoration business recently complained that she had an agreement with a firm in China to supply her some materials she would use in her business, but she didn’t follow through because there was no dollar to settle the invoices when due.
12. Unemployment will continue to increase in 2016, as companies struggle to survive in the harsh economic climate
13. Nigeria would do with three functional refineries.
14. America was clearly wrong when they predicted that Nigeria will break up in 2015. Source
15. OPEC’s influence over world oil market is gradually waning –Boomerang
16. Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), and the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) will be important revenue machines of Nigeria for subsequent years in the face of oil struggles.
17. Nigeria on course to be polio free by 2017, as disease is no more endemic in the country. Source
18. Boko haram is still unpredictable and did not disappear in December 2015.
19. Not all the igbos support Biafra
20. 30% of the budget for 2016 will be on infrastructure development, which is a 323% improvement on 2015 budget.

http://lightednation.com/2016/01/what-we-learnt-in-2015-part-1/
Re: Nigeria In 2015; What I Learned by Janeayobo: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Good write-up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Falana Slams Buhari Over Dasuki, Kanu’s Re-arrest / Come See Why You Need To Be An Entrepreneur. Hard Analysis / Northern Governors Vow To Reposition North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.