Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police (76822 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by bimppyola: 5:35am On Feb 04, 2016
morningsta:

@OP, very nice one but you never tell us the whole thing o. How about the part wey dem go take collect egunje? We all know NPF does nothing for free o. Any how, thanks for this update.

Hilarious
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by jtbaba1: 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
I applied over 3 weeks ago.. 8th of January to be precise.. did my biometrics the same day..still yet to get my, it is showing awaiting approval anytime i check the site.

@zigalo how long did it take you to get yours?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by kowoje: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pls can u say the exact address you went to, because i just visited Area F command, ikeja and they claim the new permit is yet to kick off.

zigalo:
Nothing is actually free in this naija. Visited the Lagos command with my online print out.

I was told I had to pay 5k for the permit. The guy said although it was suppose to be free. But the 5k is for office and staff maintenance

The allocation for maintenance of PC, data capture equipment and internet data does not get to them. So they have to devise a means to internally generate the funds. (Very lame thought) smh for the level of corruption in this country.

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by kingboy(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT, I CANT SUBMIT.
THE SYSTEM KEEP GIVEN ME ONE ERROR OR THE OTHER

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by Itydee(m): 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
I have lost my Application ID, What do I do to retrieve it? I cannot log in to complete my registration. Any one can help?
Realdeals:
The Nigeria police force has cancelled all existing tinted glass permit and call for fresh application via online. You do not need an agent to obtain it, just follow the instructions below to apply for the permit
1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng/tinted

2. Fill the Application form on the right to obtain an Application ID.

3. Complete the Application Process by Login in with email provided and the Application ID shown below.

4. Complete the Bio-Data form when logged-in and provide the details of the Vehicle you want to obtain a Tinted Permit for.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/security-report/2016/01/05/how-to-apply-for-tinted-glass-permit-from-police/

lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by adeyemik: 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
jtbaba1:
I applied over 3 weeks ago.. 8th of January to be precise.. did my biometrics the same day..still yet to get my, it is showing awaiting approval anytime i check the site.

@zigalo how long did it take you to get yours?

I had the same issue, applied 6th of Jan, anytime I checked the status remains "Awaiting Approval". Fortunately, I travelled to Abuja and decided to go to the Force Headquarter to know the reason or reasons for the delay. When I got there, I was told that they had some challenges with the server and they are working on it. And once the issue is fixed, my the application would be approved. True to the officer's words, I got a call from him four days later that my application has been approved.

If you want to see corporate police in Nigeria, please go to the Force headquarter in Abuja, from the entrance gate you're accorded due respect. When you meet the officers manning or in charge of the biometrics, they all well mannered, educated, and people friendly. Infact, they address you as Sir and Madam.

I asked him to give me reasons that may cause one's application from not being approved.

1. If any of your particulars are fake - proof of ownership and insurance (the insurance that is accepted is the Online insurance)
2. Fake plate number - To verify whether your plate number is genuine or fake, right in my presence, the office connected to the FRSC database to check whether my plate number was on the FRSC database or not.
3. When the attached document is blurred.
4. I think the address you filled while applying for the tinted permit as a role to play because the office asked me my address, checked it against what was on the application and against what was on the FRSC database. I'm not too sure of the role it plays but was asked.
5. If your biometrics was not well captured in the state command

If during verification, all you documents are valid, the application would be approved within 48 hours, but if you default in any of these, your application will not be approved and the will forever in Awaiting Status, your best option will be to find your way to Force Headquarter in Abuja because the officer at the state command cannot resolve such issue.

Thank God, immediately I got back to lagos, I went to the uncorporate police headquarter of Nigeria(Lagos state Police Command) to pick it up the tinted permit, from the entrance gate na embarrassment, to Oga I no see your hand.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by AkaGum(m): 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
adeyemik:

I had the same issue, applied 6th of Jan, anytime I checked the status remains "Awaiting Approval". Fortunately, I travelled to Abuja and decided to go to the Force Headquarter to know the reason or reasons for the delay. When I got there, I was told that they had some challenges with the server and they are working on it. And once the issue is fixed, my the application would be approved. True to the officer's words, I got a call from him four days later that my application has been approved.

If you want to see corporate police in Nigeria, please go to the Force headquarter in Abuja, from the entrance gate you're accorded due respect. When you meet the officers manning or in charge of the biometrics, they all well mannered, educated, and people friendly. Infact, they address you as Sir and Madam.

I asked him to give me reasons that may cause one's application from not being approved.

1. If any of your particulars are fake - proof of ownership and insurance (the insurance that is accepted is the Online insurance)
2. Fake plate number - To verify whether your plate number is genuine or fake, right in my presence, the office connected to the FRSC database to check whether my plate number was on the FRSC database or not.
4. I think the address you filled while applying for the tinted permit as a role to play because the office asked me my address, checked it against what was on the application and against what was on the FRSC database. I'm not too sure of the role it plays but was asked.

If during verification, all you documents are valid, the application would be approved within 48 hours, but if you default in any of these, your application will not be approved and the will forever in Awaiting Status, your best option will be to find your way to Force Headquarter in Abuja because the officer at the state command cannot resolve such issue.

Thank God, immediately I got back to lagos, I went to the uncorporate police headquarter of Nigeria(Lagos state Police Command) to pick it up the tinted permit, from the entrance gate na embarrassment, to Oga I no see your hand.

Adeyemik is there anyway i can connect to you? i need some advice from you
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by teeboy95: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
adeyemik:

pls which insurance do you mean by online insurance
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by jtbaba1: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
adeyemik:

Thanks.. i spoke with the officer in charge..he told me that autoreg asnt synchronised my data with the necessary portal.. i called autoreg and a lady i spoke with immediately forwarded my complaint to their technical department and it was resolved.. i called the officer at the biometric office..he said he will refoward to abuja..that i should look at this week.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by jtbaba1: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
jtbaba1:

Thanks.. i spoke with the officer in charge..he told me that autoreg asnt synchronised my data with the necessary portal.. i called autoreg and a lady i spoke with immediately forwarded my complaint to their technical department and it was resolved.. i called the officer at the biometric office..he said he will refoward to abuja..that i should look at this week.
i just checked the portal now..saw approved
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by lutherkelechi: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
please wots d website address because trying the npf.gov.ng is not responding
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by sammywemmy: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
@jtbaba1, kindly give me the contact of the officer who helped you resolve your issue. Mine is also showing approval pending. I would love to speak with the officer to resolve mine as well. Thanks.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by sammywemmy: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
@adeyemik, you can as well pitch in pls and help me resolve mine, by providing me with contacts that can help. Thanks.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by adeyemik: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
sammywemmy:
@adeyemik, you can as well pitch in pls and help me resolve mine, by providing me with contacts that can help. Thanks.

Send me a private mail or let me have your email.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by sammywemmy: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2016
@adeyemik, my email address: samueloranyeli@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by tnthommie(m): 11:36am On Mar 12, 2016
I went to obtain mine at Imo state NPF HQ at shell camp, and i was asked to pay 15k, i offered to pay 5k and they told me that the last price was 12k,
I began to walk away thinking that they would call me back but to my suprise they didnt.
I later called the lady because i collected her number and she still stood her ground on the amount.
Im so dissapointed in the NPF. Please is ther any state in the SS or SE that its cheaper?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by otunbakolawole(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
What if the car you have has the previous owners registration, which is still very valid? How does one go about that
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by didisky(m): 10:30am On Mar 19, 2016
tnthommie:
I went to obtain mine at Imo state NPF HQ at shell camp, and i was asked to pay 15k, i offered to pay 5k and they told me that the last price was 12k,
I began to walk away thinking that they would call me back but to my suprise they didnt.
I later called the lady because i collected her number and she still stood her ground on the amount.
Im so dissapointed in the NPF. Please is ther any state in the SS or SE that its cheaper?

pls confirm if it's still 12k or 15k sef cuz in enugu I was told 25k @ d state HQ
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by Iammelvin(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
i found a link. for a more graphical step by step procedure check the link below
http://admission-charlisco..com.ng/2016/03/nigeria-police-force-tinted-glass-how.html
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2016
Realdeals:
The Nigeria police force has cancelled all existing tinted glass permit and call for fresh application via online. You do not need an agent to obtain it, just follow the instructions below to apply for the permit

3. Complete the Application Process by Login in with email provided and the Application ID shown below.

4. Complete the Bio-Data form when logged-in and provide the details of the Vehicle you want to obtain a Tinted Permit for.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/security-report/2016/01/05/how-to-apply-for-tinted-glass-permit-from-police/

lalasticlala, mynd44
please OP do u hv Idea of hw much to pay? Wich bank? N after d reg online wat nxt?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by favkal: 12:05pm On May 05, 2016
U guys are great over here. I've learnt alot so far.
But I need a quick response to this.
The vehicles my parents areuusing was bought buy my uncle and comes back only on December periods. Can my parents do the registration? Bearing in mind that the names on the papers are not theirs.
Please someone should throw more highlights here.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by drTiv: 4:54am On May 06, 2016
ubecharles:
. Na so una dey fail exam. Didn't you read the part that says all previous permits are invalid. SMH for your misery
silly imp
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 08, 2016
drTiv:

silly imp
Your father
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by emanco(m): 11:58pm On May 08, 2016
Pls I need advice... Can one apply online and get his tinted permit within a week?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by 2livescrew: 2:19pm On May 09, 2016
Please guys how long does it really take for it to be approved because i did mine since March at Force headquarters Ikeja?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by IYIMAN: 8:41am On May 10, 2016
I did mine @ Ikeja on 24th March, still waiting approval. I wonder how much longer I will have to wait.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by kunle75(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2016
lutherkelechi:
please wots d website address because trying the npf.gov.ng is not responding

http://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by frontview(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2016
IYIMAN:
I did mine @ Ikeja on 24th March, still waiting approval. I wonder how much longer I will have to wait.

I did my capturing at Eleweran Abeokuta in Ogun state on Tuesday May 2nd, I got the permit today Tuesday May 10th. Nice job by the ASP at SIB office Eleweran, he send me text on Monday to come and pick it up. The whole process was free of charge. Thanks to all officers of SIB ( State Investigation Bureau) at Eleweran HQ.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by royalkonsults(m): 5:13am On May 12, 2016
pls do we have to go with original documents for biometrics capturing at the command?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 12, 2016
drTiv:

silly imp
Anuofia, stupid ornee
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by Nobody: 3:08am On May 16, 2016
drTiv:

silly imp
Bloodytwat
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2016
Realdeals:

Pls I forgot my Application ID for d tinted glass, hw do I retrieve it back? Pls help
lalasticlala, mynd44

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Strange Car Spotted At Ikotun, Lagos Yesterday(pics) / See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.