Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG (34843 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / See What A Father Wrote To NYSC, Says His Son Is Under Spiritual Attack (photo) / When NYSC Says Passport With White Background (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by cornoil(m): 3:49am On Jan 06, 2016
The Federal Government has said it will not succumb to agitations from some quarters to scrap the National Youth Service Corps scheme.

The Minister of Youth Development and Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalong, in Lagos on Tuesday said the NYSC had come to stay, adding that its merits outweighed its disadvantages.

Dalong said this during an inspection tour of the Lagos State NYSC orientation camp in the Iyana Ipaya area of the state on Tuesday.

He pointed out that the scheme had not only enhanced the socio-cultural and ethnic integration in the country but had also promoted national unity.

http://www.punchng.com/we-wont-scrap-nysc-says-fg/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Achuwa1(m): 4:26am On Jan 06, 2016
NYSC should be scrapped coz it has achieved notn but rather more hatred...how can someone child tht was posted to serve in the north after graduation be killed by the so called boko haram..
so its best every graduands do a one year intenship programme in his or her state after graduation then federal govt should settle him/her financially than expecting parents to risk their children they suffered to train in school to boko haram in the north.,

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by simonlee(m): 4:35am On Jan 06, 2016
they should just scrap it out and give us the money to start our own business.
though some fellows would spend the money on Amaka, Funke and Aisha...others might stack Oshogbo weed.....etc

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by stargul: 5:33am On Jan 06, 2016
nawa
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by otokx(m): 5:38am On Jan 06, 2016
Lots of FG parastatals reject corpers posted to them simply because of nepotism, my cousin was a victim of that in NPA Lagos.

Let us stop deceiving ourselves.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Mopolchi: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2016
okay. lalasticlala come see.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by mrphysics(m): 6:48am On Jan 06, 2016
increase the alawee

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by realGURU(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2016
NYSC stands for national youth service corps but to people you have actually went through it often refer to it as now your suffering continues.
The condition in which most graduate are subjected to in the name of service to their fatherland is so pathetic. After years of struggle in higher institution of learning graduates are subjected to another struggle in the name NYSC.
With the current condition of living, N19, 800, is not enough for most students up keep. Though, the current president has promise to increase the corps members allowance from N19, 800 to N50, 000 in one of his interview with pressmen in 2014, the president has also reaffirm that he has a special package for youth corps members, no body know how this package is going to be but many hope that it will include the allowance increment.
The program should be improved because it is not carecontinue reading

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Scrap it and probe the office of the DG.

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by greatiyk4u(m): 7:15am On Jan 06, 2016
Long over stayed its usefulness#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by cyberdurable(m): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2016
cornoil:
The Federal Government has said it will not succumb to agitations from some quarters to scrap the National Youth Service Corps scheme.

The Minister of Youth Development and Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalong, in Lagos on Tuesday said the NYSC had come to stay, adding that its merits outweighed its disadvantages.

Dalong said this during an inspection tour of the Lagos State NYSC orientation camp in the Iyana Ipaya area of the state on Tuesday.

He pointed out that the scheme had not only enhanced the socio-cultural and ethnic integration in the country but had also promoted national unity.

http://www.punchng.com/we-wont-scrap-nysc-says-fg/
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by DaBullIT(m): 7:35am On Jan 06, 2016
Which craze people dey say make them scrap NYSC ? thunder wan fire them ? My sister don dey budget 50k Alaweeee , we don price land down

Make una no play bad play o
grin grin

36 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Agimor(m): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2016
Of what benefit is Nysc to the Nigeria graduate?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Banter1(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2016
Yes don't scrap it.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by ERONX(m): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
NYSC ( Now Your Suffering Continues)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by looseweight: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
I nearly fell a victim in Kd during the elections....
That was the first time I came close to death. I have already murmured my last prayer of repentance to God before coming in a big way to safe me and my two friends, Oyin and praisebe.

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by stargul: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
gud
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by miqos02(m): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
ok
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Sijo01(f): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
Wasted 1year.

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Josele01(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Good
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Demmocrats(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2016

Turning our youths into slaves oh i see that's the merit.

8 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Fesomu(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Scrap wetin...after 6years in medical and a year internship, they want to deny me those girls that crave for doctors in camp...

13 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Raiders: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2016
don't scrap nysc
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2016
V
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by emmanuel596(m): 9:25am On Jan 06, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by veraiyke(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2016
NYSC has done no good biko. If it must be maintained then let corpers be allowed to chose their own states of service and FG should pay them reasonably

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by anochuko01(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2016
increase the allowance and make it voluntary.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by mcdokwe(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2016
scrap it

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of NYSC Lagos Camp In Pix / Inec To Pay Corpers 32,000 For Elections / Omale Victor: Missing Ebonyi Corper (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.