Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG (34833 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / See What A Father Wrote To NYSC, Says His Son Is Under Spiritual Attack (photo) / When NYSC Says Passport With White Background (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by banio: 10:48am On Jan 06, 2016
I think NYSC is not bad. It made me to know other states, people, culture etc. I think NYSC is fine.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Bollinger(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2016
realGURU:
NYSC stands for national youth service corps but to people you have actually went through it often refer to it as now your suffering continues.
The condition in which most graduate are subjected to in the name of service to their fatherland is so pathetic. After years of struggle in higher institution of learning graduates are subjected to another struggle in the name NYSC.
With the current condition of living, N19, 800, is not enough for most students up keep. Though, the current president has promise to increase the corps members allowance from N19, 800 to N50, 000 in one of his interview with pressmen in 2014, the president has also reaffirm that he has a special package for youth corps members, no body know how this package is going to be but many hope that it will include the allowance increment.
The program should be improved because it is not carecontinue reading
19000 to 50000. You people will never learn. Buhari keeps saying he will do this and that, but nobody bothers to ask him how he intends to achieve things. Where will the funds come from? Nigerians deserve to be decieved. I also think the MYSC should be scrapped though. If anything, everyone should be made to serve one year in the nation's military. Irrespective of if you are a graduate or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by myahayawabi(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2016
Dalong carry go.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Brightology2(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2016
Lolz
DaBullIT:
Which craze people dey say make them scrap NYSC ? thunder wan fire them ? My sister don dey budget 50k Alaweeee , we don price land down

Make una no play bad play o
grin grin
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by myahayawabi(m): 10:55am On Jan 06, 2016
banio:
I think NYSC is not bad. It made me to know other states, people, culture etc. I think NYSC is fine.
likewise me too oooo.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2016
End time agitations.

End time graduates.

Nobody will try that rubbish with me..

I did d end time nysc so evey graduate must do it as well..

End time undergraduates
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Shittuakeem(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2016
NYSC, is not a waste of time to me at least it gives me the opportunity to explore other peoples tribe and culture, and also it gives the less advantage citizens the opportunity to see and mingle with different tribes of Nigeria. as an ex corps member that served in north east, Adamawa precisely I realized that Nigeria are diverse with tribes and ethnic group of different kind, north per say have different tribes than any region in Nigeria, fulanis' chambers, hausas, kanuri etc. what matters now is for the government to create Jobs for youth.. for me nysc is promoting national unit as expected

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by oshe11: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2016
cornoil:
The Federal Government has said it will not succumb to agitations from some quarters to scrap the National Youth Service Corps scheme.

The Minister of Youth Development and Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalong, in Lagos on Tuesday said the NYSC had come to stay, adding that its merits outweighed its disadvantages.

Dalong said this during an inspection tour of the Lagos State NYSC orientation camp in the Iyana Ipaya area of the state on Tuesday.

He pointed out that the scheme had not only enhanced the socio-cultural and ethnic integration in the country but had also promoted national unity.

http://www.punchng.com/we-wont-scrap-nysc-says-fg/
They better not try it ooo, na there I wan fynd my wife oooo

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Tmercy(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Sijo01:
Wasted 1year.
I dey tel u
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by callmelanner(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
NYSC should be scrapped coz it has achieved notn but rather more hatred...how can someone child tht was posted to serve in the north after graduation be killed by the so called boko haram..
so its best every graduands do a one year intenship programme in his or her state after graduation then federal govt should settle him/her financially than expecting parents to risk their children they suffered to train in school to boko haram in the north.,
It promotes national UNITY or how is that hard to digest?
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by kenobi007(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
NYSC should be scrapped coz it has achieved notn but rather more hatred...how can someone child tht was posted to serve in the north after graduation be killed by the so called boko haram..
so its best every graduands do a one year intenship programme in his or her state after graduation then federal govt should settle him/her financially than expecting parents to risk their children they suffered to train in school to boko haram in the north.,
You don't have a point here brother. The minister has said it all , the advantages outweighs the disadvantages. Go to the rural areas not just in the north but in any state and see the impact that has been made by corpers via the NYSC scheme especially in terms of education and other basic social amenities . so I stand in support of the minister that NYSC has come to stay.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by callmelanner(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2016
imsuboi:
my immediate elder sister was posted to Kaduna last 2 years (for the 3 weeks NYSC camping)

since she came back home, she hasnt stopped telling us about the encounter she witnessed between one fulani dude and a igbo lady

according to her, we all are deceiving ourselves.

during their parade, something led to a heated exchange of words between both of them. and guess what happened?

the hausa dude headbutted this young lady (zidane style) and broke her nose. she kept bleeding till she was rushed to the medical centre.
what shook her to her bone marrow was that the dude kept screaming in fulani which was later translated to "you're lucky we are in camp, i would have stabbed you to death"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NYSC was created in 1972 by Gowon to "foster the spirit of one nigeria" after the civil war.

ask yourself this question,"are we truly one"? undecided
We are not yet one but we will soon be one...
Rome wasn't built in a day & endeavour to tell ur BIAFRA that Nigeria is here to stay..
And why should anyone be against UNITY?
It should be modified not scrapped!
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by EazyMoh(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
I think all the schools you attended should be scrapped!
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by sparkleRed(f): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2016
dhejykeane:
Not suprised to hear this. Where my Corpers at

Am here and I support d scrapping! angry
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by morganwizzy55(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Abeg let FG no scrap nysc out for now, there is one girl we both have scheduled to meet in the nysc camp in Awgu Enugu state. So when I'm true. They can remove or scrap it
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by rocoh(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2016
it should be reformed.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by hola106(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2016
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2016
When I finish service make dem scrap am. #nyscA2016
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by dhejykeane: 11:50am On Jan 06, 2016
sparkleRed:

Am here and I support d scrapping! angry

Also a corper, Batch A in Ogun State. Most nothern states rely heavily on Corpers to work as Teachers and pay them peanuts so a lot of people will not want it scrapped. Not forgetting those benefiting financially from it

Check my signature
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Orikinla(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2016
The NYSC contractors are the only reason the FG will not scrap it, and not because of any bullshit about national unity. The scam continues.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by isnovic(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
If only the youth minister thinks outside the box.
If only he is in tune with realities as it is today.

The scheme was relevant post Biafra war however, 2016 this scheme has overstayed it's usefulness.

The scheme should be replaced by compulsory military service for 1 year to improve the military force as well as infuse it with educated minds.

The compulsory military service will retain 10 per cent whilst 10 percent is sent to immigration,police, customs, FRSC.

A further 1 per cent each is sent to Federal Govt institutions like space, Pencom, ncc and others.

The remaining not assimilated must be attached to all the multinationals and those Nigerian coy. who are willing to assimilate them for a tax rebate or reduction commensurate with the number they employ.

Similarly Engineering and Technologist students must be attached to the multinational company right from year 3 as a matter of delibarate policy to groom graduatea skilled and equipped to function in any aspects of engineering as well as build competence for future engineers/technologist and inventors required to sustain us in the future.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by prettyboi1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
We complain too much in this country abeg. NYSC should never be scrapped!
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Masterclass32: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yet to see the usefulness of this scheme.

And don't tell me about 'unity'. Ofcourse anyone can see how 'united' we are.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by me69: 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
If say we day correct country we for allow the corpers to debate not the politicians who are far from the reality
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by nortcentrallord(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
cornoil:
The Federal Government has said it will not succumb to agitations from some quarters to scrap the National Youth Service Corps scheme.

The Minister of Youth Development and Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalong, in Lagos on Tuesday said the NYSC had come to stay, adding that its merits outweighed its disadvantages.

Dalong said this during an inspection tour of the Lagos State NYSC orientation camp in the Iyana Ipaya area of the state on Tuesday.

He pointed out that the scheme had not only enhanced the socio-cultural and ethnic integration in the country but had also promoted national unity.

http://www.punchng.com/we-wont-scrap-nysc-says-fg/

The Orientation stuff is ok by me but I don't support the one year compulsory service that comes with it. The service should be cancelled. Instead, corp members should be trained in a skill and afterwards paid a combination of the 12months alawi as a start up capital to enable them start a mini business. Grants 'll also be welcomed. My thought though.
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Vikky014(f): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Fesomu:
Scrap wetin...after 6years in medical and a year internship, they want to deny me those girls that crave for doctors in camp...
TAAH undecided DOCTORS ARE TOO BORING
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Fesomu(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Vikky014:
TAAH undecided DOCTORS ARE TOO BORING
I don't know why peolpe think so..some bad boys be doctors too o...doctors that goes to club and still mange to get good grades...
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Vikky014(f): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Fesomu:
I don't know why peolpe think so..some bad boys be doctors too o...doctors that goes to club and still mange to get good grades...
STORYYYYYYY
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Jexyme(f): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:

We really need to think critically, constructively and in broad-spectrum form. Do u know the thousands posted to the North, found their "square root" and will never ever want to leave North? I am one.
Sometimes ppl speak as if their brains are maggot-filled.
NYSC has come to stay!!!
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by Vikky014(f): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
oshe11:
They better not try it ooo, na there I wan fynd my wife oooo
grin
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by imsuboi(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Shittuakeem:
NYSC, is not a waste of time to me at least it gives me the opportunity to explore other peoples tribe and culture, and also it gives the less advantage citizens the opportunity to see and mingle with different tribes of Nigeria. as an ex corps member that served in north east, Adamawa precisely I realized that Nigeria are diverse with tribes and ethnic group of different kind, north per say have different tribes than any region in Nigeria, fulanis' chambers, hausas, kanuri etc. what matters now is for the government to create Jobs for youth.. for me nysc is promoting national unit as expected

its promoting national unity on paper only. oga, the truth is, its promoting more hatred among the tribes of nigeria.

good for me though grin grin
Re: We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG by imsuboi(m): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
callmelanner:

We are not yet one but we will soon be one...
Rome wasn't built in a day & endeavour to tell ur BIAFRA that Nigeria is here to stay..
And why should anyone be against UNITY?
It should be modified not scrapped!

kid. that's exactly what you are. a dull-brained kid undecided

keep wallowing in your childish ignorance.

the truth would soon hit you like a hurricane wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corps Members On A Fun Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch **PICTURES** / The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of NYSC Lagos Camp In Pix / Inec To Pay Corpers 32,000 For Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.