Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : (2769 Views)

Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / My Wife Called, Crying That She Is Pregnant Again / My Wife Called Me A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Sheyun(m): 10:20am On May 16, 2011
It was not a bad idea when the couple decided to visit the wife's parent. While chatting an argument sprung up and the wife told the husband the he is dumb and the she hope their kids wount be as dumb as he his and her parent LAUGHED and her SISTERS  lipsrsealed . The husband was so shocked and kept himself composed and requested to leave immediately. Now getting home his is confused and seriously thinking of what to do to his wife. please what advise or what should he do to his wife or the parent
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Sheyun(m): 10:24am On May 16, 2011
My advise was that he shuld not get mad, cos its obvious she has been insulting him but he never stoppped her but he should not go to the parents house again and try to talk to the wife in a manly way.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Akanbiedu(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2011
Something is definitely wrong with guys nowadays

1 Like

Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by iice(f): 2:56pm On May 16, 2011
I've seen this a lot of times on here. . .does 'dump' mean dumb?
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by ifyalways(f): 3:30pm On May 16, 2011
^Yeah,I should think so.

@Topic,The man actually is not just a dumb dump but also a spineless,toothless bulldog.The wife have obviously been insulting and he,like a perfect MUMU is sitting,watching and praying.

Which kain "skunk" or "ogogoro" go shack me sotay I go get liver and morale insult my husband I wanna die?lol

Anywayz,no advise for ur friend.Everybodi get him own burden/load/portion so maybe living and accepting an abusive and disrespectful wife na him portion. . .God wud make a way!

Btwn,this story might not be true sha.Never heard of 9ja women disrespecting and verbally abusing their men abi na paper marriage?Is the man a "house-husband" ?
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Sheyun(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2011
u know if not for the sake of development and respect. i wuld have expected him to give her a hot slap infront her parent.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by isalegan2: 5:04pm On May 16, 2011
Edited.

The meaning of my post is completely lost since moderator has deleted some relevant posts. Why remove them?  Somebody was embarrassed?  Makes no sense at all.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by ifyalways(f): 5:06pm On May 16, 2011
lol @Kandi.2 wrongs don't make a right they said but I believe there are good ways to repay bad with worst.

You know what I think,the man is not man enough,simples.If he were man enough,common,no evil spirit,known and unknown wud push his wife to call him "dumb" LOL,na beans?

Haba now,the woman has an upper hand in that marriage,she pulls all the strings and is the head and neck of the home.I don't know what else wud make a woman call her man dumb. . .Mbanu,owu ya na ara onwe ya ka nna ya nna ya a na akpu nwoke?

Not just calling him dumb say in camera but in the presence of igwe mmadu?I dey laff oh
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 16, 2011
That was not fair on her part. Even if her husband is dumb as fuc**ck, she's not supposed to embrassed him like that. Come to think of it the girl is more stooooooooooopid for marrying a dumb man. That is if the man is actually dumb lol. Women can be so heartless at time. Maybe her husband did something to her, and she was just waiting for a perfect oportunity to embrasse him.

Nothing can be more embarrassing then being embarrassed in-front of your in-laws.

If that was me, and my husband humiliate me like that. I wouldn't let it slide. grin I would insult him jokily like "And what abt you falling in love with a dumb person?" "That says a lot about your character"
"I thank the lord that our kids ain't as stooooooooopid as you cuz we will all just be a big family of dumb people."

And then laugh for like 30 seconds.

When we get home, we will make up. But he will think twice next time before uttering such words.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by HotieTima(f): 5:22pm On May 16, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww thats sad damn sorry but if that was me too i would die laughing.

but it not kool to do that tot ppl man
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by biolabee(m): 6:10pm On May 16, 2011
rokiatu,,,,,

rotflmao
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Sheyun(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2011
Seriously guys what should he do to her or the inlaws? undecided
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On May 16, 2011
Surely the marriage is over
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by rubi(f): 3:11pm On May 17, 2011
Don,t give anyone upper hand to intimidate and insult you simple!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 18, 2011
@poster
why are you asking what he should do to his wife and inlaws? if something had to be done, he should have done it RIGHT THERE AND THEN in front of them all, not after running home like a biatch!
this man is a weakling, there is nothing he CAN do but to accept that his wife (and inlaws) have no respect for him . . . . . . . . .and it probably didnt start that day.

what the hell is he confused about?!

1 Like

Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by horny4u(f): 11:27am On May 19, 2011
He needs to take control of his home fast. Is he a good provider , protector, and no 1 complimenter. If he is he needs to give his wife the silent treatment, like no compliments at all, walk in front of her when they go out, once food is a min late refuse to eat and take his shirt and go eat out, if she makes a fuss, then refuse to sleep at home for a night. Throughly act like will be more fun without a wife like her. Once she sobbers he will need to sit her down in a masculine way and explain to her that if she cannot hold his back in public there is no marriage, abusing him koro is bad enof but its forgiveable but to be so disloyal to him haba. He will ask fundamental questions like does she want to bring her kids up alone? He must be stern and after that make a gradual softening notice the word softening. Some women are spoilt and where not matured enof not age oh maturity most women will step out of line. He needs to snatch back his brain abi o ti je something month hair snail ni.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by surebaby43(f): 6:45pm On May 22, 2011
the lady is stupid, why will she call him that in font of her parent
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by emmatok(m): 12:35am On May 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
why are you asking what he should do to his wife and inlaws? if something had to be done, he should have done it RIGHT THERE AND THEN in front of them all, not after running home like a biatch!
this man is a weakling, there is nothing he CAN do but to accept that his wife (and inlaws) have no respect for him . . . . . . . . .and it probably didnt start that day.

what the hell is he confused about?! 

He cannot do anything at his in-law's place, because they have the upper-hand there, they can even beat him up. undecided undecided undecided

@poster

You friend should send her packing to her parents until they (wife and in-laws) apologies . If she really wants to stay in that marriage. If not she can go to hell.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Nobody: 1:11am On May 24, 2011
^^^says who?! then you wonder why he was laughed at. . . . . . . . . . . . .
if someone makes fun of you or insult you, then deal with it RIGHT THERE in front of everybody. he doesnt have to beat anyone up but simply OPEN HIS MOUTH and let them know a piece of his mind.

if he requires an apology (like you stated) then he should have asked for it RIGHT THERE rather than running like a lil kid to "his corner"

1 Like

Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by toyemz(f): 1:42am On May 24, 2011
^^^^

that's true
even his inlaws would have respected him more
but now he could be the laughing joke within their walls

@ the wife
wow what a careless speaker!
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by RoyalRoy(m): 6:41am On May 28, 2012
I guess some ladies are just extremely careless with words.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by MissIfe(f): 8:54am On May 28, 2012
I am a bit surprised at the answers posted here. So the marriage is over because the lady called him dumb and the in laws laughed ? I pray they won't encounter real struggles in their married life !

To me it depends a lot on the context : if the wife meant this word as an insult and the in-laws laugh was the expression of their true feelings towards that guy then, granted, there is a problem in this marriage. But did you consider the fact that it might have been used jokingly? Maybe the husband was actually making some dumb statements while they were chatting, or one way or another was not on point with the conversation and the wife jokingly used the word "dumb" to make him realize what he was saying was inappropriate, the in-laws laughing could have been a way to show embarrassment and meant to not make a big deal out of it. Imagine if everybody had stood silent there, it would have been even more humiliating for the man! Maybe they just tried to turn it into a joke so that husband and wife could solve their problems alone later.

@poster : only the husband knows his wife enough to differentiate a joke from an insult. If it was meant a joke (maybe his wife is a bit too blunt), he should sit her down and let her know how it made him feel. If she didn't mean harm she would apologies and make sure it doesn't happen again.
If the wife meant it as an insult, the man should seriously think about his marriage : was she always this kind of woman? What happened? Did he do something to her that she might resent?

My humble opinion is that it is not enough ground to scatter a marriage. I know how men need and love respect, so do women, but stuff happens, they can work it out.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by taryour(f): 9:43am On May 28, 2012
ifyalways: ^Yeah,I should think so.

@Topic,The man actually is not just a dumb dump but also a spineless,toothless bulldog.The wife have obviously been insulting and he,like a perfect MUMU is sitting,watching and praying.

Which kain "skunk" or "ogogoro" go shack me sotay I go get liver and morale insult my husband I wanna die?lol

Anywayz,no advise for ur friend.Everybodi get him own burden/load/portion so maybe living and accepting an abusive and disrespectful wife na him portion. . .God wud make a way!

Btwn,this story might not be true sha.Never heard of 9ja women disrespecting and verbally abusing their men abi na paper marriage?Is the man a "house-husband" ?

Lol.
D wife should also try it in d huabands parents house too and make sure his siblings are there too.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Smilenw(f): 12:07pm On May 28, 2012
I had to re-write my reply coz I just saw OP's post stating the wife has always been in the habit of insulting her husband. What advise can one give to a man who has encouraged such behaviour to the extent of his woman insulting him in public. Some men are too much peace-loving that they turn a deaf ear to whatever their women say, even if it is insult of the highest order. Nothing wrong in liking some peace and quiet, but do make sure ur wife do not take undue advantage of your peace-loving nature and turn you into a spineless being. Before this couple starts having kids, the man needs to get his wife to learn to respect her husband. A man has got to be a man.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by violent(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2012
Gone were the days men had ballz!...Any man in control of his home will not be so embarrassed by his wife in Public. The very least any man should do is to make sure his inlaws understood there and then that he doesn't think their little joke is funny....just responding by saying in a very firm manner that "It's very rude to call your husband dumb " is likely to jolt everyone to reality and make them realize that someone means business.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by taryour(f): 1:49pm On May 28, 2012
violent: Gone were the days men had ballz!...Any man in control of his home will not be so embarrassed by his wife in Public. The very least any man should do is to make sure his inlaws understood there and then that he doesn't think their little joke is funny....just responding by saying in a very firm manner that "It's very rude to call your husband dumb " is likely to jolt everyone to reality and make them realize that someone means business.

i agree
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by moremi2008(m): 2:20pm On May 28, 2012
I don't even know where to begin. How did the man let the situation get this bad? I am sure that wasn't the first time the woman insulted him. It only hurts this time because she said it in front of her parents. Are you sure she used the word "dumb"? It just seems more likely she would have used the term "know book". That would seem slightly better than dumb.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 28, 2012
this is terrible, the man is in deep shiiiiit, he either live the house for the woman or she lives the house for him, there cant be two captains in a ship
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by ronkebp(f): 10:28pm On May 28, 2012
Leave the marraige because a woman called her hubby 'dumb'?....hmmmm!!! some people are just digging for trouble where there is none. The lady is obviously not in control of her temper, hence her misbehaviour infront of everyone, the man should have known that sooner or later she will take that temper thing outside the home. I agree with the fact that he should have tackled the issue there and then infront of everyone....But he should not expect to have insulted the lady infront of her family and still expect her to keep quiet.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Johndoe100(m): 1:55am On May 29, 2012
There is not much to say. He needs to get rid of the wife and find someone better asap.
Re: Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws : by Nobody: 4:58am On May 29, 2012
Let's call a spade a spade! The guy is dumb! Cest tout!

Since he could not defend himself there, he knew the wife is right.

The dumb man should be happy he is getting a smart woman as a wife tongue tongue.

Next time he goes visiting, he should learn to speak very little in order not to show his dumbness.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Adopt A Child That Is Not Your Biological Child? Any Challenges? / This Wife Needs Your Advice /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.