Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady (44636 Views)

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother / 12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by CastedAyo: 7:54am On Mar 04, 2018
A Nigerian lady shared the reason why she left her parents home. According to her, she constantly gets into fights with her because she's consistently reminding her how her mates are married, and she's still in their house.

She said she doesn't have a problem with her father because he didn't disturb her, but she is uncomfortable living in the house because of his mother, so she decided to rent her own apartment.

As seen of The Human of Abuja page;
"I moved out of my parent's house last month because I was always getting into fights with my mother. She was always reminding me day and night about how most of my mates are married and I was still in the house. Always comparing me with her friends' daughters that are married. It got to a point where the house because very uncomfortable for me. Day and night that's all she talked about.

My dad doesn't have any issues with my being unmarried. I am not the only unmarried 26 year old, but my mother always made it seem so. I decided to rent my own apartment in order to regain my peace of mind. My family house is here in Abuja and I rented a house here too. I think giving them some space is just the best decision."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/i-moved-out-of-my-parents-house-because-my-mum-always-remind-me-my-mates-are-married-lady.html

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by madridguy(m): 7:55am On Mar 04, 2018
Eeyah kiss

6 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by donstan18: 7:58am On Mar 04, 2018
KkKkKkkkKkkkkkKkkK

Next customer please.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by XhosaNostra(f): 7:58am On Mar 04, 2018
The mother though.

10 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by thesicilian: 7:59am On Mar 04, 2018
So when are you getting married?

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:09am On Mar 04, 2018
Your mum is a woman like you and she knows the truth that you cannot be complete as a woman without a man.

73 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Collins0609(m): 8:10am On Mar 04, 2018
Marry na

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by braimeddy: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2018
So by getting ur own apartment, u think u have solved the issue? My dear I will advice u to go back to ur parent's house and just ignore ur mum's comment. If actually u really need a husband, a man will value u more if u re with ur parents than u being living alone.

153 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by crismark(m): 8:13am On Mar 04, 2018
strong woman

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by IamAirforce1: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2018
At 26, you should atleast be In a serious relationship

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Kobicove(m): 8:52am On Mar 04, 2018
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by H2Ossss(m): 8:53am On Mar 04, 2018
Much Ado about marriage

14 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by MhizzAJ(f): 9:11am On Mar 04, 2018
Some parents no day try

These are the kind of situations that will make a single lady to just settle down with any man that comes her way...It's terrible,parents should encourage their daughters,marriage isn't the all in all
When it's time she will get married

She's a strong woman at least she has given them space it will enable her plan her life well

Thank God for the kind of mom i ve

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Gofwane(m): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2018
I know how the op is feeling.
Truth is it is quite difficult to leave with your parents when you get to a certain age. They try to treat you like a minor who can't make decisions on his own. It is very, very frustrating.

I remember a time when me and 3 of my colleagues tried to join a contribution at work so we all applied for a salary advance in order to pay for the contribution.

When the paper works got to our admin officer to sign them, the bittch signed only my colleagues' own and refused to sign mine. Instead, she called my aunt who happens to be working in the same place as me though in a different subsidiary to tell her about what i wanted to do.

So my oversabi aunt told her not to sign the paper because i don't know what was good for me! Just imagine!

I got so pissed off that i matched to my aunt's office with anger and rage. Without caring who was with her, i barged into the office and gave her the most painful tongue lashing of her life. Told her how much of a hypocrite she was to think i'm old enough to work for my money but not old enough to do what i want to do with my money? The look on her face was priceless cos she never expected it.

I rushed to my admin's office to sign the paper. Yet she refused! I told her she shouldn't have meddled with my personal issues. So i just picked her phone and put it in her hand bag and left with it.

Why am i saying all this? Truth is parents are mostly the ones pushing their wards into making the worse mistakes.
Now the op has left her parent's house because of her mum. Only God knows what awaits her out there!

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by uyaima: 9:26am On Mar 04, 2018
My Dear,your own matter tiny.my own b say,mine younger broda say make i go marry,bcus say him want 2 marry.n i dy live 4 d room way my father give me b4 him die 4 d same compound way my broda dy(family house).him say,d wife way him wnt marry no go live with me 4 d same compound,so,make i pack my load n leave.My dear,my age big pass ur own(thirty three) but i no dy fear,bcus i don c lady of 40yrs wed.I just dy thank papa God,wen der is life,der is hope.

146 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:
My Dear,your own matter tiny.my own b say,mine younger broda say make i go marry,bcus say him want 2 marry.n i dy live 4 d room way my father give me b4 him die 4 d same compound way my broda dy(family house).him say,d wife way him wnt marry no go live with me 4 d same compound,so,make i pack my load n leave.My dear,my age big pass ur own(thirty three) but i no dy fear,bcus i don c lady of 40yrs wed.I just dy thank papa God,wen der is life,der is hope.
So what exactly is keeping you from getting married?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:
Na wa oooo
But auntie you suppose Don de reason marriage oooo

13 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 04, 2018
The mom is right to show concern about the future of her daughter, but there is a big difference between showing concern and nagging your own daughter.

If her intention was to encourage her daughter to secure a bright future, then her motive has been defeated because judging by the write up of the lady one can tell she is sad. I am also very sure her daughter may never seek her advice again

I also honestly think our parents need to stop comparing our progress with that of our age mates and allow everyone progress at their own pace. After all, we weren't born on the same day

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by QueenSekxy(f): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2018
ok
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by oPPOSEE: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2018
How will man marry a nyashless and breastless woman.
Its bad enjoyment and economic wise.

plastic surgery should be free

2 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Kobicove(m): 10:08am On Mar 04, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Your mum is a woman like you and she knows the truth that you cannot be complete as a woman without a man.

...And who told you that a woman is incomplete unless she's married? undecided

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2018
Kobicove:

...And who told you that a woman is incomplete unless she's married? undecided
. Ask her mum that is pressuring her to get married or are u wiser that her?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2018
Please, she shouldn't fall for undue pressure.
Both her mum, the society and those ones on NL creating threads bashing single ladies are all the same.

The minute they push you into the wrong man's hands and you end up battered...emotionally and physically, they'll change tune. They'll start telling us how Nigerian ladies are desperate and aspire for nothing else but marriage. Forgetting it's pressure that makes lots of ladies jump on any available man.

Associate right, be of good behaviour and be open to commitment. At the right time, it'll happen.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by ibietela2(m): 10:26am On Mar 04, 2018
How can we meet this lady? grin grin grin
Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:34am On Mar 04, 2018
Why not say you? But wait,do you want to marry her or pay for her house rent@ ibietla2

3 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Dannieln1: 10:36am On Mar 04, 2018
Gofwane:
I know how the op is feeling.
Truth is it is quite difficult to leave with your parents when you get to a certain age. They try to treat you like a minor who can't make decisions on his own. It is very, very frustrating.

I remember a time when me and 3 of my colleagues tried to join a contribution at work so we all applied for a salary advance in order to pay for the contribution.

When the paper works got to our admin officer to sign them, the bittch signed only my colleagues' own and refused to sign mine. Instead, she called my aunt who happens to be working in the same place as me though in a different subsidiary to tell her about what i wanted to do.

So my oversabi aunt told her not to sign the paper because i don't know what was good for me! Just imagine!

I got so pissed off that i matched to my aunt's office with anger and rage. Without caring who was with her, i barged into the office and gave her the most painful tongue lashing of her life. Told her how much of a hypocrite she was to think i'm old enough to work for my money but not old enough to do what i want to do with my money? The look on her face was priceless cos she never expected it.

I rushed to my admin's office to sign the paper. Yet she refused! I told her she shouldn't have meddled with my personal issues. So i just picked her phone and put it in my hand bag and left with it.

Why am i saying all this? Truth is parents are mostly the ones pushing their wards into making the worse mistakes.
Now the op has left her parent's house because of her mum. Only God knows what awaits her out there!
grin grin cool 5 bottle of Alomo is just a child's play cos u are a champ

10 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by kalu61(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:
Ladies approaching menopause are the most sensible

6 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by mikebrown92: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2018
uyaima:

Hmm
This 1 is strong
Eleyi gidigan.

33yrs, you don born at all?
Wetin dey stop you from getting married?
Shey you no get man at all ni?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Partnerbiz3: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2018
eiyaa

sorry...

Putting unnecessary pressure on people esp females isn't the best really.

She may be forced to marry a beast now and regret later...

6 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by millomaniac: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2018
This is a thread for women. Because i dont understand it, most nigerian mothers are like that. Can any matured woman give us an insight why this is very common in our part of the world.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady by Robisky001(m): 11:13am On Mar 04, 2018
She's subtly advertising her singleness. Guys shine your eyes.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Of Twins Welcomes Quadruplets, Shares Beautiful Family Photos / 35-Year-Old Kenyan Man Praises Sexual Prowess Of His 70-Year-Old American Wife / My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.