Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships (15753 Views)

Apply For NLNG Post-primary & Undergraduate Scholarships 2017 / 8 Mistakes You Must Avoid While Applying For Scholarships / Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Lautechgossip(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2016
There are basically 7 documents you must have before applying for undergraduate scholarships.

The quest to screen and identify scholarship applicants give rise to the following 7 documents required for scholarship application and aptitude tests.

7 Documents required for Undergraduate Scholarships

1. Passport: Most often the company in-charge of screening scholarship applicants give size, color and age of the passport required for the scholarships application.

For example, Scholastica requires a white – background passport not more than 3 months old and of size 450 X 450.

2. Admission Letter: If you must win an undergraduate scholarship, you must show an evidence that you have been admitted into the institution and course of study you claim.

The Admission letter can either be from JAMB or from your school. Although sometimes, some scholarships specify the actual admission letter they require.

3. O’level Result: Virtually all scholarships demand O’level result for their application. The O’level results include WASSCE, GCE, NECO and NABTEB.

Although all these belong to O’level, some scholarship schemes demand that the O’level result must be WASSCE or any of the above mentioned in one sitting.

Scholarships like Mobil demand 5 A1 while Federal Government Bilateral Scholarship demand 5 Distinctions in relevant courses including English and Mathematics.

4. JAMB Result: Obviously any one who gained admission into the university must have gone through the scrutiny of Jamb Admission and Matriculation board scoring at least 180 and above. Many Nigerian scholarships schemes ask for JAMB result for application. Some scholarship demand JAMB score of 60% and above of JAMB total score.

But we advise students to enroll for any scholarship they are eligible for so long as such student passed JAMB and meet all other requirements.

5. Local Government of Origin Identification: Almost all undergraduate scholarships request the Certificate of Local Government of Origin from the applicants. This is very important when it comes to scholarships that are location based for example, Area of Operation scholarship award for some oil companies.

Since such scholarship favours students from the operational area, students from non oil producing students look for ways to claim they are from the operational area and to tackle this, the Local government of origin identification is a requirement .

6. School ID Card School ID is one credential almost all the undergraduate scholarships require from students but unfortunately, most schools don’t issue the school ID on time and as a result, many students are denied the opportunity of applying for these scholarships.

We advise the students to use any other document that will identify them as students of the school they claim to belong, for example, In Federal University of Technology Owerri, (FUTO) where we have a branch at EXCEL’s PLACE FUTO, students in level 100 use their confirmation of admission gotten from the Registrar to serve as their school ID for scholarship application until the school issues the official school ID.

With this the students will not miss the opportunity which is even more open to first and second year students.

7. Birth Certificate It is no lie that any application you do online or registrations will always have a field with “Date of Birth”. And to affirm that the date of birth you have actually filled is is true, the scholarship schemes demand that applicants submit their birth certificates. And where birth certificate is not available, age declaration can also be used.
Sometimes, baptismal certificates can also serve.

It is important to note that many other scholarships may ask for all of this and more while some may only demand for just some of the above mentioned documents.

We are certain that with above information, you will be ready for any scholarship application that will come up any moment from now.

http://lazyreporta.com/7-documents-you-must-have-intact-before-applying-for-undergraduate-scholarships/

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Imortal001: 7:27am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by PainInTheAss(m): 7:32am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice grin lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Lautechgossip(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2016
PainInTheAss:
Nice grin lalasticlala
cheesy smiley
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Kenzico(m): 8:48am On Jan 06, 2016
Thanx
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by timidapsin(m): 10:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Strange Cow That Refused To Die After Its Head Had Been Cut(video) shocked shocked shocked
https://www.nairaland.com/2840221/strange-cow-refused-die-after
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2016
You forgot to include National identification number (NIN). Most scholarship awarding bodies requests for them now.
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Tobilastik(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2016
rubbish! and this makes fp?
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by simplemach(m): 10:42am On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Owlcity2: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2016
You can do well by telling us about the available scholarships too.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2016
You forgot POLICE REPORT

Ocean energy scholarship is now on .check their website
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by lampardizik(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Thanks
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by vicostyles(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2016
m
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by yemoxyl(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok thanks
But which one is local government of origin?
I only know state of origin
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Noted cool
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 06, 2016

End time list.

So you v not heard abt d language something exam??
End time requirements

End time eligibility
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Chiscomax(m): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2016

Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Adex097: 10:54am On Jan 06, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
You forgot to include National identity number (NIN). Most scholarship awarding bodies requests for them now.
Having a NIN may be necessary but I don't think its so important. I'm a beneficiary of MTNF scholarship and I am yet to have my NIN. The listed documents above are much more important . Thumbs up OP.

1 Like

Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Funjosh(m): 10:55am On Jan 06, 2016
If guys can also post some links for the scholarship, it will be very nice wink
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by davbravo(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2016
What abot those that did A'levels and gained admission through DE without writing jamb exam
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by logadims: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2016
Lautechgossip:
There are basically 7 documents you must have before applying for undergraduate scholarships.

The quest to screen and identify scholarship applicants give rise to the following 7 documents required for scholarship application and aptitude tests.

7 Documents required for Undergraduate Scholarships

1. Passport: Most often the company in-charge of screening scholarship applicants give size, color and age of the passport required for the scholarships application.

For example, Scholastica requires a white – background passport not more than 3 months old and of size 450 X 450.

2. Admission Letter: If you must win an undergraduate scholarship, you must show an evidence that you have been admitted into the institution and course of study you claim.

The Admission letter can either be from JAMB or from your school. Although sometimes, some scholarships specify the actual admission letter they require.

3. O’level Result: Virtually all scholarships demand O’level result for their application. The O’level results include WASSCE, GCE, NECO and NABTEB.

Although all these belong to O’level, some scholarship schemes demand that the O’level result must be WASSCE or any of the above mentioned in one sitting.

Scholarships like Mobil demand 5 A1 while Federal Government Bilateral Scholarship demand 5 Distinctions in relevant courses including English and Mathematics.

4. JAMB Result: Obviously any one who gained admission into the university must have gone through the scrutiny of Jamb Admission and Matriculation board scoring at least 180 and above. Many Nigerian scholarships schemes ask for JAMB result for application. Some scholarship demand JAMB score of 60% and above of JAMB total score.

But we advise students to enroll for any scholarship they are eligible for so long as such student passed JAMB and meet all other requirements.

5. Local Government of Origin Identification: Almost all undergraduate scholarships request the Certificate of Local Government of Origin from the applicants. This is very important when it comes to scholarships that are location based for example, Area of Operation scholarship award for some oil companies.

Since such scholarship favours students from the operational area, students from non oil producing students look for ways to claim they are from the operational area and to tackle this, the Local government of origin identification is a requirement .

6. School ID Card School ID is one credential almost all the undergraduate scholarships require from students but unfortunately, most schools don’t issue the school ID on time and as a result, many students are denied the opportunity of applying for these scholarships.

We advise the students to use any other document that will identify them as students of the school they claim to belong, for example, In Federal University of Technology Owerri, (FUTO) where we have a branch at EXCEL’s PLACE FUTO, students in level 100 use their confirmation of admission gotten from the Registrar to serve as their school ID for scholarship application until the school issues the official school ID.

With this the students will not miss the opportunity which is even more open to first and second year students.

7. Birth Certificate It is no lie that any application you do online or registrations will always have a field with “Date of Birth”. And to affirm that the date of birth you have actually filled is is true, the scholarship schemes demand that applicants submit their birth certificates. And where birth certificate is not available, age declaration can also be used.
Sometimes, baptismal certificates can also serve.

It is important to note that many other scholarships may ask for all of this and more while some may only demand for just some of the above mentioned documents.

We are certain that with above information, you will be ready for any scholarship application that will come up any moment from now.

http://lazyreporta.com/7-documents-you-must-have-intact-before-applying-for-undergraduate-scholarships/
please kindly tell us all about it. Subjects being given in the exam etc......
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Adex097: 11:00am On Jan 06, 2016
yemoxyl:
Ok thanks
But which one is local government of origin?
I only know state of origin
State of orijin can be used in place of local government of origin. Although some scholarship bodies do require the local government of origin cert.
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by logadims: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2016
Adex097:

Having a NIN may be necessary but I don't think its so important. I'm a beneficiary of MTNF scholarship and I am yet to have my NIN. The listed documents above are much more important . Thumbs up OP.
please i need your HELP! #seriously#
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Adex097: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2016
Tobilastik:
rubbish! and this makes fp?
What makes it rubbish ?? Knowledge is power bro. I have friends who earn more than 500k annually from different scholarship schemes .
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Lautechgossip(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2016
logadims:
please kindly tell us all about it. Subjects being given in the exam etc......

Gonna publish an article on that soon.
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Adex097: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2016
logadims:
please i need your HELP! #seriously#
How may I help you .
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by logadims: 11:11am On Jan 06, 2016
Adex097:
How may I help you .
in many ways brother. Are you on whatsapp?
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by dhejykeane: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice Info, noted
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Adex097: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2016
logadims:
in many ways brother. Are you on whatsapp?
yea , check my profile .
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by frank950(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
what of direct Entry student is there any need for jamb result, cux I have none.
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Gloryblossom(f): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
What of those in open university,blc I dnt have any jamb result and I want to apply,how do I go about it.tnks
Re: 7 Documents To Have Before Applying For Undergraduate Scholarships by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
frank950:
what of direct Entry student is there any need for jamb result, cux I have none.

Somebody should answer this question cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

NECO 2019 Timetable For June/July SSCE Out - Check And Download Here / Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? / NUC Rejects Move By NBTE To Float A Programme To Upgrade HND To Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.