Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers (974 Views)

Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Free Thinkers Who Denounced Christian Cross Now Plead For Islamic Mosque / Free Thinkers Hangout. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by Brown47: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2016
Note: religious/god jumbo humbo is not needed here.

If i die i'll stop existing and it will be as if i have never existed(ie at that state of death). There will be no me, not my conscience, nor my thought, memory of my past life, cant regret or vy for pleasure/happiness or even encounter problems. Iam alive thats why i seek for happiness or fall into problems or have a state of conscience but when am off i cant have any.

To live its like chasing vane shadows because when am gone at that state of death is like i have never lived.

Life is useless or pointles since we are only born, we strugle to survive find a means to make a living, maybe marry, then die at a time following a form of useless trend. What sense does this make? when there is no any difference betwen you existed,live 2yrs or 200yrs, lived a happy or troubled live educated or not enjoy or didnt enjoy life or didnt excist when you are death.

cc:johnydon22 plaetton menesheh hahn and co...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by dada01(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2016
While awaiting response from "powers that be" in religion section....

I will like to quickly chip in something....

I have come to realize that the worst thing that could ever happen to a person is been born.

Had it been we were not born into this world, we would just be in a state of inertia.

No need to worry about schooling, marriage, career etc..

However, since we are already here i think we could live a positive life and make positive impacts in our own little ways..

We can also explore the world by learning new things, travelling, and etc....

....my humble 2kobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by johnydon22(m): 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
We eat and we defecate and it seems like we never really ate..

So too is the relationship between the values of our lives and the absoluteness of our death..

So the beauty is not lost in the void of having ceasing to exist but having ever lived at all..

So while at it, make each moment count.. Live free, have fun, adventures, see the world, do the things you love..

So it matters not the certainty of death to come, what matters is the reality of what you have now..

Since just like the food we eat, our lives finishes. what matters is that you got a chance to savor every bit of the food and every taste of it.

That we are going to die makes us the lucky ones because it shows we ever got to live.. Many will never die because they never lived..

So all that matters is "Having ever lived.. "

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by ichommy(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice Write up
Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
johnydon22:

So too is the relationship between the values of our lives and the absoluteness of our death..

So the beauty is not lost in the void of having ceasing to exist but having ever lived at all..

So while at it, make each moment count.. Live free, have fun, adventures, see the world, do the things you love..

So it matters not the certainty of death to come, what matters is the reality of what you have now..

Since just like the food we eat, our lives finishes. what matters is that you got a chance to savor every bit of the food and every taste of it.

That we are going to die makes us the lucky ones because it shows we ever got to live.. Many will never die because they never lived..

Thread closed grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by chachanga: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
always knew it would come to this...

all the rants about no God, no this, no that; 'twill all come down to no purpose, no sense, no hope, no NEED TO MAKE THE FRIGGIN' EFFORT!

Guy, if u will listen small. i KNOW I May not be able to talk you down from whatever high-rise roof corner you're perched to enact your jump off from. i know you might've thought it through BUT PLS Dunt jump!

it'll all make sense soon enuf.

As for the religious mumbojumbo part: Jesus Loves You and Died to set you free!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by McSquishi(f): 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
I don't understand how one can both assert that life has no purpose in the same post they question what the purpose of life is. If you don't believe in the spiritual aspects then you believe this is a scientific process devoid of "meaning" beyond what is obvious. so why give yourself a headache lamenting the "why" behind the process we carbon based life forms are enduring? just enjoy.

Even ppl who don't believe in religion should still not be so pompous as to not appreciate the miracle that is life and living. Ppl write like they can create a planet or even a life, you can't. Even the greatest minds can't wrap their brain around how to recreate something as simple as our atmosphere. Show respect to creation and appreciate the very act of involuntary breathing. Maybe then you won't have time feeling sorry for existing...

In my non-professional opinion, OP sounds depressed. Feel better undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
So you think you know the secret of death? How can you if you do not see the beauty of life?

Those who eyes are blind cannot unravel the mystery of light. You should choose to live and open your heart to the body of life. Ultimately life and death are one, just as the ocean and the river are one.

Buried somewhere in your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge, you should trust in your dreams for in them lies the gateway to your eternity. You are greater than the sum of your parts and your despondency is just the trembling of a peasant who is about to be honoured by the king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by winner01(m): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Don't bother asking such questions.

Just like your brothers have said; just exist, its all that matters.

Whatever happens beyond (if it happens) shouldn't be of much concern.

Just breathe and live.

This is what you get when you seek answers from confusion, you get more confused.

1 Like

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by HCpaul(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
johnydon22:

You wrote smart, intelligent and articulate but i still choose to disagree with your points and assertions.

What is most important in life is not the memory of having ever lived.
The concept of life is settled on the present and not the past.
Their is no delight in rejoicing over the claim/fact of having ever lived or never ever lived.

A life with a limit or an appointed time interval is an ironic death.

God is not the God of the dead but the God of the living.

Every true life is eternal, infinite and everlasting.

If their is nothing like eternal life, then what we are living now is absolutely not a life but a disguissed pirated form of been active in existence.

But am sad though, my grandfather just die today.

You may have a lot to learn from the man.

1 Like

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by johnydon22(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
HCpaul:

You wrote smart, intelligent and articulate but i still choose to disagree with your points and assertions.

What is most important in life is not the memory of having ever lived.
I never said memory.. there is no memory in inexistence..

The concept of life is settled on the present and not the past.
Life as we know it is the totality of the activeness of our being

Their is no delight in rejoicing over the claim/fact of having ever lived or never ever lived.
Oh but there is. . . There is absolute difference between having ever been and having never really been

A life with a limit or an appointed time interval is an ironic death.
There won't be any death if there is no life.. So life and death are relative

God is not the God of the dead but the God of the living.
Any of the thousands of Gods humanity have should ever be before ever been for anything

Every true life is eternal, infinite and everlasting.
These are the assertions of a mind insecure in the eventuality and inevitability of death..

Something that never lived cannot die so too something that never cannot die didn't live

This is the relationship between life and death..

If their is nothing like eternal life, then what we are living now is absolutely not a life but a disguissed pirated form of been active in existence.
[b]If there is nothing like eternal life which i think there isn't just a product of a greedy mind.

it affirms the life that we live now is a precious chance to ever be that should not be diminished by the clamor to get another..

the concept of eternal life makes nonsense of this one cus there really is no need why i can value #10 if i think i have #100billion..

Learn to value the one you have not bank on unsure wishful hopes that you dont have..

Have always told you : People who think they will get another life after this one when they are dead which will be better than this one they have, is not really living this life just waiting to die

But am sad though, my grandfather just die today.
Am sorry about that.. You see the joy in having ever lived? You are a testimony that he ever lived and that makes his brief existence ever so precious

You may have a lot to learn from the man.
[/b]
We all do..

And by the way.. am in Abuja now.. Email me Johnydon22@yahoo.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by Brown47: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
johnydon22:

So while at it, make each moment count.. Live free, have fun, adventures, see the world, do the things you love.

why you knew you had lived is because you're alive, but when you are death its makes no difference betwen you who had lived and those who had never. Because if you where death you wouldnt have figure out that you once lived. Likewise those who never live they can't figure out that there had been a state of excistance or not.

1 Like

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by Brown47: 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
chachanga:
always knew it would come to this...

all the rants about no God, no this, no that; 'twill all come down to no purpose, no sense, no hope, no NEED TO MAKE THE FRIGGIN' EFFORT!

Guy, if u will listen small. i KNOW I May not be able to talk you down from whatever high-rise roof corner you're perched to enact your jump off from. i know you might've thought it through BUT PLS Dunt jump!

it'll all make sense soon enuf.

As for the religious mumbojumbo part: Jesus Loves You and Died to set you free!

i guess this your suposed god is busy questioning its purpose of existance. why, how he just pooped out of nowhere without any aim, point, goal... If you like tell me that the purpose of your existance is to worship these your suposed god. Then the purpose of existance of your god is ?...
Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by johnydon22(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Brown47:

why you knew you had lived is because you're alive, but when you are death its makes no difference betwen you who had lived and those who had never. Because if you where death you wouldnt have figure out that you once lived. Likewise those who never live they can't figure out that there had been a state of excistance or not.
Correct and the undeniable fact remains "You have lived"..

You always were never here... You have been inexistent for an infinite time backwards, now here you are ..

Make it count the brief time you have.. for as you never always Was so too will you never always will be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by Brown47: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
McSquishi:
I don't understand how one can both assert that life has no purpose in the same post they question what the purpose of life is.

No where did i mention or asked why or whats the purpose of life. But whats the point or value of existing at a time when if you're death. it makes no difference betwen one who had once lived(but death) from one who never lived.

If you don't believe in the spiritual aspects then you believe this is a scientific process devoid of "meaning" beyond what is obvious.

So whats its meaning in the spiritual aspect?

so why give yourself a headache lamenting the "why" behind the process we carbon based life forms are enduring? just enjoy.
Even ppl who don't believe in religion should still not be so pompous as to not appreciate the miracle that is life and living.

I appreciate life and its miracles more than you think but you fail to comprehend my writeup to the fullest thats why you couldnt figure what i meant.

Ppl write like they can create a planet or even a life, you can't. Even the greatest minds can't wrap their brain around how to recreate something as simple as our atmosphere. Show respect to creation and appreciate the very act of involuntary breathing. Maybe then you won't have time feeling sorry for existing...

again you failed in understanding me.

In my non-professional opinion, OP sounds depressed. Feel better undecided
Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
now let me add my own contribution... have u ever had a deep sleep? ( not dreaming o)

what do u remember while asleep? nothing...

that's how death is...
Re: Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers by CoolUsername: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2016

(1) (Reply)

(photo) Kaduna State Government To License Pastors And Imam / Unbelievable Church Sign Posts That Will Get You Loughing. (photo) / Operation Compel Them To Come 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.