Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies (1100 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / Police Withdraws Individuals And Companies' Security Guards / Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2016

I read with amusement the allegation that was made in SaharaReporters, the unofficial media wing of the Buhari administration, Nigeria’s Secret Police, the DSS, and the EFCC, that I was given 1.7 billion naira cash by President Goodluck Jonathan.

This is false. A few hours later they changed their story and said that I received 1.7 billion naira from the office of the former NSA, Colonel Sambo Dasuki. This is also false.

I have never received one kobo from President Jonathan himself, Colonel Dasuki or any other member of President Jonathan’s government.

I have not ever been in receipt of any public funds
and neither was I the beneficiary of any payments in cash, transfer, cheque or otherwise from any government official during the tenure of President Jonathan.

As Director of Media and Publicity of the
Jonathan/Sambo Campaign organisation I
received money on behalf of the Directorate of
Media and Publicity which I headed from private
individuals and companies during the election
campaigns but these were not public funds but
rather private contributions specifically for the
Presidential and other campaigns.

Such moneys were transferred into my account by the Director of Finance of the Presidential Campaign Organisation and that account was SPECIFICALLY set up for the purpose of running the publicity and media aspect of the campaign for the whole country and my Directorate.

These private individuals and companies paid their contributions into a designated account which was provided and controlled by the Director of Finance and from there she transferred it to the accounts of the various Directors and various individuals that were
running for public office that the PCO supported.

The money that was sent to me for my Directorate by the Director of Finance was used in a lawful and responsible manner and by the time the campaigns were over my Directorate had paid all of its bills for services rendered and was not owing any media house or anyone else one kobo.

The Presidential candidate of our party President
Goodluck Jonathan, the D-G of the PCO, the Auditor of the PCO, the Advisor to the PCO and the Director of Finance of the PCO all received reports and saw the results of the efforts of my Directorate. Not only were they satisfied with our efforts but they also commended us.

Those private individuals and companies that were kind enough to support and fund President Jonathans presidential campaign with their hard earned money were perfectly within their rights to do so and they were more than happy with our efforts as well.

They also commended us. Even though we
ended up losing the election we fought a very
virile, strong, visible, historic and aggressive
campaign and the Nigerian people can attest to
this. The encounter with the APC was an epic
one and it was probably the most active and
gruelling electoral battle in the history of our
country.

Not one kobo of public funds was spent by or
given to my Directorate during the campaign and
as far as I am aware not one kobo of public
funds was spent by or given to the PCO.
Presidential campaigns all over the world cost
huge amounts of money and Nigeria is no
different.

This is especially so when it comes to publicity
and media. My Directorate was difficult to run
and our work was capital intensive. We did not
use marshmallows, pebbles, and grass to pay for
all the services rendered to us and all the
television and newspaper adverts were fully paid
for with money.

Nothing was done or given to us free of charge
by anyone. This should not be a surprise to
anyone as the APC and President Buhari’s
campaign organisation did the same.

I opened an account specifically for the funds
that were used to run my Directorate and fund
all our activities in order to ensure accountability
and transparency.

We also audited our accounts regularly and
insisted on the highest level of professionalism
from all those that worked for or with us.
Since when such matters have become a crime
or subjects of criminal investigations I don’t
know. If it was a crime to speak up for Jonathan
during the campaign they should just say so.

If it is a crime to be a member of the PDP and to
be in opposition they should just say so. If it is a
crime to speak up for and defend President
Jonathan and key members of his government
after he has left office they should just say so.

If it is a crime to oppose the Buhari
administration and speak up against his gross
violations of human rights that they are indulging
in and the violation of court orders they should
just say so.

During the 2015 elections the PCO and my
Directorate spoke up and campaigned for many
PDP members who were running for public office
and we funded and worked for them too. That
was our job and I am very proud of the PCO and
the role we all played despite limited resources.

I am particularly proud of the efforts of my team
at the Directorate and I can assure all those that
care to listen and that refuse to be misled by the
government propaganda machine that we did
nothing wrong.
All we did was run an effective
campaign and we did so with private funds and
not funds from the government.

I am aware of the attempt by the government
and my enemies to discredit me, smear my name
and silence me by alleging all manner of
wrongdoing but I am not in the least bit
perturbed. As always my innocence will fight for
me and my God will never forsake me.

I know that this government is capable of doing
anything, of inducing anyone to say anything and
that they have no sense of decency, justice or
fair play.
They are prepared to charge anyone
just for breathing the air if needs be and they
can attempt to frame up anyone that they believe
is a thorn in their flesh.

I have always known this yet I refuse to run
away or to be silenced and I will not be
cowered.
Though I have been warned and told
over and over again by those amongst them who
care for my well being that I have been listed
down and targeted for persecution I am not in
the least bit concerned about their evil plans for
me.
My life and destiny is in the hands of God
and not theirs and He will fight for me and
vindicate me.

As I have always said, the night may be dark but
joy comes in the morning. If it was a crime to
use moneys that were freely donated by private
individuals from lawful and legitimate sources to
fund the Presidential and other campaigns let
them say so.

No election campaign anywhere in the world,
including that of President Buhari was run with
just words, goodwill, grass and pebbles and
neither were we given free campaign adverts or
air time. All these things were run and paid for
with large sums of money.

This is especially so with publicity and media
because that was the lifeblood of the various campaigns.
I repeat, there is nothing that we did
in the campaign organisation or that my
Directorate did that Lai Mohammed, Buhari and
the APC did not do in theirs.
As a matter of fact they spent far more than we did but I have no idea where they got their money and whether
they were private or public funds.

Most importantly my Directorate and, as far as I
am aware, the Jonathan Sambo Presidential
Campaign Organisation did not receive ANY
public funds from any government official or
office to run our campaign.
Of this I am absolutely sure and I am very confident because

I made a point of asking and insisting that this
must be so. These are the facts and I eagerly
await my accusers, persecutors and detractors.

Meanwhile I shall continue to live my life in
peace, I shall not be intimidated by the boastful
threats of the enemy and I will continue to live
my life in the usual law-abiding manner that I
have always done.

It is expedient and necessary for me to speak
out now even though the EFCC has not said a
word on this matter or even confirmed that there
is indeed an investigation going on.

This is because the modus operandii of the Commission
of late is to leak their intentions to
SaharaReporters before they strike and abduct
their victims.

This has happened on a number of occasions
and sadly they use such mediums to tell all
manner of lies about the case and the accused
to the public.

By the time they finish they would
have convicted their victim in a vicious smear
campaign and media trial which is usually
plagued and fuelled by lies and falsehood.

It is for this reason that I have taken this
opportunity, whilst I am still at liberty, to tell the
Nigerian people the truth and let them have all
the facts.

I sincerely hope that my statement will
help to clarify matters in the eyes of the public
regardless of whatever lies that they will soon be
inundated with by a desperate, weak and wicked
government.

I fear them not because my life is in
God’s hands. God bless Nigeria.

-Femi-Fani Kayode tweets from @realFFK.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/06/femi-fani-kayode-issues-statement-admitting-he-received-funds-private-individuals-and
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
Guy, stop panicking and throwing wild alledgations with a victim mentality.
No one is saying you collected money from spirits and mysterious beings, we just want the names of the private individuals and companies that gave you the money for the campaign.

Another question, so after the PDP election fundraiser which you realised billions of Naira, you still went ahead to collect more money from "private individuals and companies". What happened to that money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by blazetitov: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
FFK go and see EFCC

1 Like

Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by jlinkd78(m): 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
blazetitov:
FFK go and see EFCC
Ur hate for this man has blurred ur reasoning not to see efcc is yet to invite him cos they know he is smarter than them. His own narration has shown he had nothing to do with any pro-govt fund let alone from our Dasuki yams. If Ffk can be discharged by d courts even after Pmb inauguration no one can quench his firebrand criticism against this govt of vindictiveness. My honest position on this govt can only change when I see perceived corrupt persons in this govt or in dia party also being invited by d efcc. But my hope appears to be waning when Mr Prsident has declared all them corruption free. Time will time. Am also happy it appears FFK is living above average so dat d idea of completely decimating d opposition will not be achieved at least anytime soon.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by blazetitov: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
jlinkd78:
f

F, for what?
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Sall(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Why not keep your confession to your self basket mouth ffk and wait for your time with the efcc.

1 Like

Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by jlinkd78(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
blazetitov:

F, for what?
f for fairness
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by onomeasike: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Fanikayode witheld the names of companies, individuals who paid the billions and supporting documents to show how you shared it yet Fanikayode said'I have given Nigerians fact? undecided

Fanikayode must think we are still in the clueless GEJ era!!
At least Anenih and Bode George mentioned how they shared their own part of the loot
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Goke7: 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
onomeasike:
Fanikayode witheld the names of companies, individuals who paid you the billions and supporting documents to show how you shared it yet Fanikayode said'I have given Nigerians fact? undecided

Fanikayode must think we are still in the clueless GEJ era!!

if he mentioned individuals or companies, they will all deny him, you think any sane human being will want to associate himself with ffk for now? even dasuki has been denied by those he gave money to, na everybody de answer im papa name for himself now o. Baba no de look uche face o grin
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by jlinkd78(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
I have a serious problem with d way SR moulds d minds of their readers with sensational captions dat often not d nucleus of d main body in d write up. If this was to be an English Language exam back in d days and one was asked to caption this write up, then SR knows they failed. They failed not because they dont know d right title but bc they want u to think in d direction to make Ffk a thief who is now admitting to have collected part of d 'thiefed' money from private individuals & companies. Any erudite scholar here will agree with me dat a better caption wud v been : FFK denies receiving $1.6 billion from Gej, Dss or Dasuki for Presidential election. This is truth and this while I sometimes see sense when some ppl see d media as being screwed to favour d whims and caprices of their masters. If SR is whom we expect them to be, they wud v been doing several series now to take on d govt lies esp when d President claimed nobody is corrupt in his cabinet.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by wirinet(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Such moneys were transferred into my account
by the Director of Finance of the Presidential
Campaign Organisation and that account was
SPECIFICALLY set up for the purpose of running
the publicity and media aspect of the campaign
for the whole country and my Directorate.

Why should moneys meant for Jonathan/Sambo Campaign organisation be paid into your personal account? Can't the monies paid for running of the office and campaigns be paid directly from the organization's accounts?

These private individuals and companies paid
their contributions into a designated account
which was provided and controlled by the
Director of Finance and from there she
transferred it to the accounts of the various
Directors and various individuals that were
running for public office that the PCO supported.
This is a strange practice, money donated to the organization is distributed into private accounts. If the organization is being run from private accounts, why not ask the donors to pay directly into private accounts instead of asking them to pay into the organizations accounts first and then transfer in into private accounts. No organization is run that way.

As Director of Media and Publicity of the
Jonathan/Sambo Campaign organisation I
received money on behalf of the Directorate of
Media and Publicity which I headed from private
individuals and companies during the election
campaigns but these were not public funds but
rather private contributions specifically for the
Presidential and other campaigns.

Is this not a contradiction of the quote above? In one paragraph you said monies for the organization was received and controlled by the director of finanance and in the next paragraph, you said you receive money on behalf of your directorate from private individuals and organizations .

Please re-write the response and correct the contradictions.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by blazetitov: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
jlinkd78:
Ur hate for this man has blurred ur reasoning not to see efcc is yet to invite him cos they know he is smarter than them. His own narration has shown he had nothing to do with any pro-govt fund let alone from our Dasuki yams. If Ffk can be discharged by d courts even after Pmb inauguration no one can quench his firebrand criticism against this govt of vindictiveness. My honest position on this govt can only change when I see perceived corrupt persons in this govt or in dia party also being invited by d efcc. But my hope appears to be waning when Mr Prsident has declared all them corruption free. Time will time. Am also happy it appears FFK is living above average so dat d idea of completely decimating d opposition will not be achieved at least anytime soon.

Oga, go and sit down jare. FFK stole Aviation money and one of the conditions that he gave clueless GEJ when he visited Aso Rock just before he switched from APC to PDP was for that case to be thrown out of court. He was discharged because of shoddy prosecutions by the EFCC prosecuting team which i believe was planned by the people at EFCC then and not because the case lacked merit. The EFCC has appealed that judgement. So cool them, lets wait till FFK will get his visa to visit EFCC.

As for the PMB's administration, he already told you and every other concerned individuals to go to court or petition EFCC if any of his ministers are corrupt, so honestly follow this part.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by dotcomnamename: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
What a silly justification. Just remain silent and argue your case in court.

How can you say you are SURE you did not receive public funds and at the same time say you received funds from private individuals and companies. Will the money come with "public funds tag" before Or you want us to believe a thief will write 'stolen funds' on his head when implementing bank transfer. Look at this shameless yeye man O! Omo ale oloriburuku elenu yagayaga bi soakaway pit. Mtchewwwwwwww

Quote me make thunder fire ya mouth undecided

Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Goke7: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
wirinet:

Why should moneys meant for Jonathan/Sambo Campaign organisation be paid into your personal account? Can't the monies paid for running of the office and campaigns be paid directly from the organization's accounts?

This is a strange practice, money donated to the organization is distributed into private accounts. If the organization is being run from private accounts, why not ask the donors to pay directly into private accounts instead of asking them to pay into the organizations accounts first and then transfer in into private accounts. No organization is run that way.

Is this not a contradiction of the quote above? In one paragraph you said monies for the organization was received and controlled by the director of finanance and in the next paragraph, you said you receive money on behalf of your directorate from private individuals and organizations .

Please re-write the response and correct the contradictions.

don't waste ur time on ffk, he has implicated himself further with his so called defence when he has not even been arrested. Let's just chill for the friendly visit to Efcc which our beloved metuh is enjoying now
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by omenka(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mr Femi Fvcktard Kayode, after all this reggae, you go play the blues to EFCC officials.

Just dey work on the remix as you get time now.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by ddippset(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Just arrest this man.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Demdem(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wind has blown, we have seen chicken yansh.
Another yam eater going down.
Excellent development.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Abagworo(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
To me this is more or less a guilty plee. He deserves 40 years imprisonment.
Re: FFK Admits He Received Funds From Private Individuals And Companies by Babacele: 4:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
omenka:
Mr Femi Fvcktard Kayode, after all this reggae, you go play the blues to EFCC officials.

Just dey work on the remix as you get time now.
got EFCC piano ready for the studio work boss. kikikikikikiki

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Know Nothing About The Arrest Order On Aluko- Fayose / Imo Earmarks N5 Billion To Boost Agriculture / Breaking News...full Text Of Dame Jonathan World Press Conference .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.