Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. (1063 Views)

See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja / Accident Invoving A Truck And Peugeot504 In Plateau State (Graphic Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by ajealadick(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
As a Safety Practitioner I felt the members of the public can benefit from these as they have become a menace in our society.

1. The best position to drive near a containerized truck is behind it at a safe distance i.e. if this not on a hill.
2. DON’T drive pass it on a speed-breaker. They sometimes break because of the impact.
3. DON’T ever struggle with in in a traffic with bad road (especially on the right), you risk being hit by a falling container because the right side of our roads are designed to slope downwards for rain water to run off the road.
4. If you have to overtake them do so when the road ahead is clear, reduce time your vehicle is alongside the truck to a minimum. NEVER overtake it at a bend on the road.
5. Do the public a favour to report to the next Police or FRSC checkpoint you notice the containers not sitting squarely on the trucks, they are potential falling objects.

REMEMBER YOUR VEHICLE ROOF CANNOT WITHSTAND A WEIGHT BEYOND 500KG (EVEN EMPTY CONTAINERS WEIGH 3TONS AND ABOVE)
BE SAFE

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by tempem: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hey God!
Re: How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by Fireson: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one OP! embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by lonelydora: 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good safety tips.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by ogawisdom(m): 6:44am On Jan 07, 2016
Noted tnx op

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by nurey(m): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2016
Nigerians I have seen on Ojuelegba side dragging with trailers.

This reminds me of my story in my sienna with my mum beside me and my siblings @ the back, we wanted to drop off her friend @ ojota so we took ikorodu road, I have always been adamant I don't like night driving in Lagos because Nigerians madness tends to be elevated/aggravated.

So people coming from the service lane started to push us trying to make three lanes, which is basically impossible on that ikorodu road. Nah so this tanker was coming it was @ the left hand side close to the curb and I was on the right side and the impatient danfos and cabu cabu were making head way through the brt lane, virtually we were at a stand still, they kept pushing and inorder not to have my car damaged I had to let multiple of them get in my front here is the issue, we were too close to the left lane, the trailer came directly to my side and my mum didn't make things easy, she was shouting I shud let the trailer pass I was confused with her shout and fear of been crushed, in a twinkle of an eye I looked at my side mirror and I saw if the trailer moved an inch, the Hilux (type used by newspapers for interstate delivery) was done for. I started blaring my horn for the trailers assistant to stop the guy from moving, but the guy wasn't watching the back, I stepped on the pedal not minding the danfo who was ready to bash my car, lo and behold I made it in time to move forward, the tanker moved, damaging the hilux @ the back totally and dragging it to the right hand side, it hit two cars and just bumped my bumper, I counted my blessings that day and since then I don't drag with trailers at all, also if you stay in Abeokuta, you will know dragging with trailers is a risky business.
Re: How To Avoid Being Crushed By A Container On A Truck. by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 08, 2016
Well done.
Though after this, some will never give in to such

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Car Deserves This But You've Been Depriving It Of It Righ(car Owners Only) / New Torque Converter / The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.