Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? (8779 Views)

Can You Return A Certificate For Engaging In Exams Malpractice After Repentance? / Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
If angels and demons can't die, what is the point of their engaging in battle? If angels and demons are immortal, why do they bother fighting each other?
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Sanmel(f): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
They fight for our sake
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by excellencyabia1: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Their fight is to subdue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Marchman: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lol
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Debeloved87(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
If angels and demons can't die, what is the point of their engaging in battle? If angels and demons are immortal, why do they bother fighting each other?
their battle is not of sword and spears, but of the souls of men..

How you doing bro..

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by EkeBarry(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
They fight to tether or take captive(u can also cal it taming)
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hahaha...... It's been a long long time I've laughed this hard. Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by undercat: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
They are enemies and enemies fight. They are not mortal enemies (pun intended) so they don't fight to kill. Don't over analyse it.
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Sanmel:

They fight for our sake

Why? undecided
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by italo: 6:21am On Jan 07, 2016
The Bible says that believers who die and go to heaven are like angels.

So can we take it that saints fight for us like angels too?

Hehehe!
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 07, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
They don't die. But they can get bound.

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 07, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Why? undecided
It's about control of/rule over men

We have our own fights against each other For the same reason too
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Zoe99(f): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2016
demons can manipulate and attack christians but can't possess them.When christians pray,angels are sent to fight on their behalf.So it's because of our prayers,that angels are sent.There is then a clash btw the angels and demons concerning you.

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Scholar8200(m): 8:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Revelations 12 shows us the major purpose is expulsion and dominion and their battle is based on the positioning of the roots on either side - man! That is why the victory of the Heavenly host in Revelations 12 is linked to the faith of the saints on earth in Rev 12:11.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by orisa37: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Their struggle has nothing to do with Life and Death. Death is an evil spirit, wicked and corrupt messenger(demon) of Devil, also known as Satan in Heaven. Life is a Righteous Spirit, Angel of Christ Jesus. Christ therefore possesses Light, Goodness and Life among others, while Satan(Devil) is the spirit of darkness, badness and death. Like a Director of Engineering services and Quality Control in NNPC, he bears responsibility to Management for the costs of all sample damages in the course of his duties in his reports. The CEO, the Chief Creator of NNPC reports to the Board of which Mr. President is the Chairman and like God, while the CEO is his deputy God and always acts for him. The real reason therefore for the struggle between darkness and light, selfishness and righteousness is to present themselves(Satan and Christ) worthy of their "Status" before God Almighty, their Overall Boss, The all Knowing Supreme Power, Might, Wealth, Honour, Excellence etc etc. ALUTA CONTINUA!!!!

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Amberon: 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
keep living in your catholic delusion.
italo:
The Bible says that believers who die and go to heaven are like angels.

So can we take it that saints fight for us like angels too?

Hehehe!

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Amberon: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
demons can possess Christians.

every other thing you said was right.
Zoe99:
demons can manipulate and attack christians but can't possess them.When christians pray,angels are sent to fight on their behalf.So it's because of our prayers,that angels are sent.There is then a clash btw the angels and demons concerning you.
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42am On Jan 09, 2016
excellencyabia1:

Their fight is to subdue.

Do you mean they are trying to subdue each other? undecided
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Zoe99(f): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2016
Amberon:
demons can possess Christians.

every other thing you said was right.
Demons cannot possess someone when the person has the Spirit of God in him or her.The people i call christians are those who are born again and once someone becomes a believer,he receives the seal of a believer(the Holy Spirit).A believer can only be manipulated,attacked or oppressed by demons or the devil as in the case of peter(he was manipulated).

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by vooks: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Silly logic.
It presumes fighting finds its purpose in death. Have you ever fought in your life?
If you are ancient enough to have sired, ever had your kids especially boys fighting? We're they trying to slay each other?

2 Likes

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by HardMirror(m): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
muafrika:
They don't die. But they can get bound.

Religion is just funny! I am really enjoying the silly answers you guys are giving to the op's question.
So they fight to bound, yet they use swords? Abi what is the use of sword? Lol
Why not use rope?
Hehehehehehe
Chai!!!
Lwkmd
This is just evidence that religion is based on human fabrication.
You see angels with swords and shield mentioned in the bible, yet they can't use the sword to kill demons. Yet angels don't die.

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by HardMirror(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
muafrika:

It's about control of/rule over men

We have our own fights against each other For the same reason too

Comedy central.
Just hear yourself.
You say it is about control of men, so what was the war in revelations about? Where the devil was cast out of heaven? Why must they fight, does it mean the devil actually had a chance of dethroning god? Cos fight means to travail. Fighting involves struggling with your opponent. You don't expect me to be fighting with a cockroach. Yet your god is all powerful, but angels have to be fighting

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by italo: 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
Amberon:
keep living in your catholic delusion.

Thank you. Keep living in your protestant delusion.
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Amberon: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
I'm living by the word of God. At least I don't need to confess my sins to any "father" or pray to Mary. I live by God's word only. bye!!
italo:

Thank you. Keep living in your protestant delusion.

1 Like

Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
HardMirror:

Religion is just funny! I am really enjoying the silly answers you guys are giving to the op's question.
So they fight to bound, yet they use swords? Abi what is the use of sword? Lol
Why not use rope?
Hehehehehehe
Chai!!!
Lwkmd
This is just evidence that religion is based on human fabrication.
You see angels with swords and shield mentioned in the bible, yet they can't use the sword to kill demons. Yet angels don't die.
HardMirror:

Comedy central.
Just hear yourself.
You say it is about control of men, so what was the war in revelations about? Where the devil was cast out of heaven? Why must they fight, does it mean the devil actually had a chance of dethroning god? Cos fight means to travail. Fighting involves struggling with your opponent. You don't expect me to be fighting with a cockroach. Yet your god is all powerful, but angels have to be fighting

First, take a deep breath. You are out of control. Are you asking a question or making a statement. It's hard to tell.
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by HardMirror(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
muafrika:

First, take a deep breath. You are out of control. Are you asking a question or making a statement. It's hard to tell.
Is that what they use the sword for?
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
HardMirror:

Is that what they use the sword for?
Fighting? Definitely.

We'd also need to go into the definition of the sword. Which, because I get the feeling you search out the bible. Look for places where God refers to His sword.
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by HardMirror(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
muafrika:

Fighting? Definitely.

We'd also need to go into the definition of the sword. Which, because I get the feeling you search out the bible. Look for places where God refers to His sword.
Angels carry swords not bible which I am sure you are refering to as the sword of god
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by sonofthunder: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
I almost skipped this thread
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
HardMirror:

Angels carry swords not bible which I am sure you are refering to as the sword of god

You are right, the word of God is a sword, when in its season, and power.

I was referring to this kind of sword. ...

Ezekiel 30:24
And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.

How did the Angels of God execute that sword?
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by HardMirror(m): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
muafrika:

You are right, the word of God is a sword, when in its season, and power.

I was referring to this kind of sword. ...

Ezekiel 30:24
And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.

How did the Angels of God execute that sword?
You tell me sir. I don't know. You are the one with the answers
Re: If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? by Image123(m): 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
vooks:

Silly logic.
It presumes fighting finds its purpose in death. Have you ever fought in your life?
If you are ancient enough to have sired, ever had your kids especially boys fighting? We're they trying to slay each other?

He's trying to create discussion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / If You Miss Heaven Who Would You Blame.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.