Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics (29747 Views)

Amaechi Visits Aregbesola, Inspects Roads (Photos) / Photos: Fayose Visits Aregbesola In Osun State / Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Aregbesola On Ooni’s Transition (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Rexnegro(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
koligs:
LONG LIVE OUR POLITICIAN OONI.
A MILLION LIKE FOR THE KING JARE
Hahahahahahahahahaha
My guy dey find likes, what have You said they will attract likes now ?Smh

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by kascoman: 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
DanielGb:
Ogboni people. Always in White. All in white including...
I no mention name o.

I don't know if it is royal for the Ooni to do this but, if he feels its okay. visiting the Governor instead of the Governor to visit. Well none is bad.
I don't know dat it is nw taboo for oba to step out of palace for visitation.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by mamawin(f): 11:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
9jacrip:
This man is not ready for the throne he occupies and what comes with it.
Everyday I see banners of d Ooni almost everywhere in Ile Ife, only one question comes to my mind 'why would a young man sacrifice his freedom, for what?' Riches? but I learnt he was rich already. I pity his wife.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by mamawin(f): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
kascoman:

actually, I think he was referring to 'you know who'
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Btruth: 12:04am On Jan 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Na format. Dude is a custodian of traditional worship. He has undergone lots of rituals and "cleansing". His stool is nothing Christian-like.

So which gods?

Read 2nd Kings 5:17-19 for more insight on it.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 07, 2016
mamawin:
Everyday I see banners of d Ooni almost everywhere in Ile Ife, only one question comes to my mind 'why would a young man sacrifice his freedom, for what?' Riches? but I learnt he was rich already. I pity his wife.

Yes, he was already heavily rich before being picked but this dude doesn't seem like someone who will sacrifice his freedom. He was rightly picked but he's not ready.

He's going to face some heat from my people back home a number of times till he gets it right.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 07, 2016
kascoman:

It originally was or is for Oba to step out or be seen NOT to mention Oba going to thank anybody in person. Maybe send delegates, yes but definitely not going in person.

And the Ooni throne requires staying put in Ife anyways, without his presence, rituals in a number of festivals will be null and void - it won't get to the deities not to mention Olodumare.

Since the tourney will be for 10 days then he'd be back before or by 14th when Obatala's festival starts.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by bashdawodu: 12:57am On Jan 07, 2016
The Oni is going on a national thank you tour.It is only appropriate to start with his home state governor.so if you say he was showing gratitude for the support he got that is in line with youruba culture.end of story.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by kenzysmith: 1:57am On Jan 07, 2016
Na wa o hw can a king be visiting a mere governor he should be the other way round tinubu has really succeed in ruling osun state jaganban

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 07, 2016
9jacrip:
This man is not ready for the throne he occupies and what comes with it.
Egbon. Happy new year ooo.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 07, 2016
The new Ooni is still a learner.
kenzysmith:
Na wa o hw can a king be visiting a mere governor he should be the other way round tinubu has really succeed in ruling osun state jaganban
Jagaban, every where you go except Ekiti and Ondo. Those ones get agidi die. grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by sellers4buyers(m): 5:20am On Jan 07, 2016
with due respect I think someone needs to tutor our onni on what's expected from him as a king occupying the most exalted seat in Yoruba history. I wish to state here that my king that's not even second class king don't pay politicians visit, if you want to see him come to the palace.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by wealthlynx: 6:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Leave the ooni to his traditional rites and face your business. Remember, he has advisers and custodian of native traditions, whatever he does has been ratified ok by them. So who are you to say he goofed by his actions?
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by AKYEMITE(m): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2016
most people are getting it wrong, Ooni pays the Governor a visit to appreciate his effort during the coronation.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by femeritus: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE OONI

Your Royal Majesty Sir,

I am one of your secret admirers and I love your personality and humility but a line should be drawn between humility, your former role and the present eminence conferred on you by the throne.

This visit is uncalled for and if it continues, then it shows you will turn out to be a stooge to the Governor and other powerful politicians, acting under their whims and caprices. Probably, next to be visited will be Tinubu and before you know it, the foremost throne in Yorubaland becomes an ordinary stool. I am sure that is not what you want and we don't want it either.

There is nothing wrong in showing appreciation. It goes to show you are a true son of Oduduwa but you should have sent emissaries, not going physically. It is demeaning to the throne.

Oba Adeyeyi, please you need to perfectly assume your new role and accord the throne the respect it deserves. That's when others will also respect it and you by extension.

Thank your Royal Highness.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2016
saxywale:

Egbon. Happy new year ooo.

Baba mi happy new year sir.

In our home-town, new year begins by first week of may, did you know this? cheesy the new year for the entire Yoruba land.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2016
wealthlynx:
Leave the ooni to his traditional rites and face your business. Remember, he has advisers and custodian of native traditions, whatever he does has been ratified ok by them. So who are you to say he goofed by his actions?

Well, we a true children of Oduduwa who knownand hold tradition to heart.

How can an Ooni who has Obalufe, Jaaran, Obalaaye, Obadio at his beck and call within Ife not to mention the many kings in Ifeland from Ikire to Ifewara at his disposal to send on duties just as this leave his seato to thank a governor? You must not know the weight of the throne.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Aregbesola At Osun State House(pics by koligs: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2016
Rexnegro:
Hahahahahahahahahaha
My guy dey find likes, what have You said they will attract likes now ?Smh

I NO BE YOUR GUY!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote / Davido: No PDP Agent In Ward 007, 012 In Olode, Ife South LGA - Davido Tweets / Ugwuanyi Receives Solar-Powered Automated Sanitizer Dispenser From IMT (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.