Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog (1099 Views)

Please Help, Lot Of Spam Comments On Ma Blog And Spam Users / I Have Up To 1000 Spam Comments On My Website, Please Help O / 7 Ways To Encourage Comments On Your Blogs By Mediapace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good evening webmasters in the house, am a new blogger with little or no knowledge on how to run or manage a complete blog (especially the technical aspects). Thats not to say am a block head though as I can make posts, add pictures and all.

Guys my main problem is spam comments... I usually receive tons of spam comments that are unrelated to the posts I make and it's soooo annoying. I used to think it was cool at first and that my work is being appreciated only for me to scrutinize these comments well, and the opposite was the case.

Please what do I do to stop these people/spam bots? Is there any plugin/app am not using on my blog.?

My website is [url]amebohub.com[/url] please check and help me out.

Mods others may have this same problem, help give this a push.

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun ishilove
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
ofofoCEO:
Good evening webmasters in the house, am a new blogger with little or no knowledge on how to run or manage a complete blog (especially the technical aspects). Thats not to say am a block head though as I can make posts, add pictures and all.

Guys my main problem is spam comments... I usually receive tons of spam comments that are unrelated to the posts I make and it's soooo annoying. I used to think it was cool at first and that my work is being appreciated only for me to scrutinize these comments well, and the opposite was the case.

Please what do I do to stop these people/spam bots? Is there any plugin/app am not using on my blog.?

Hey... wonderful blog you've got there. As for the spam comments, try installing anti-spam plugins like akismet.
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 9:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mayfrank:

Hey... wonderful blog you've got there. As for the spam comments, try installing anti-spam plugins like akismet.
Thanks, I will try it. Is it a free plugin? Are there any other useful plugins am missing on?
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Thanks, I will try it. Is it a free plugin? Are there any other useful plugins am missing on?

It's a free plugin.

Honestly? Plugins are not your only prob. You've already stated that u aren't experienced in the technical aspect. So it's not your fault. I could guide u on how to address all technical issues on your blog.
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ITbomb(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Are you on Blogger or WP
If WP, use Akismet plug-in
If blogger, go to settings and enable moderation "Always"
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mayfrank:

It's a free plugin.

Honestly? Plugins are not your only prob. You've already stated that u aren't experienced in the technical aspect. So it's not your fault. I could guide u on how to address all technical issues on your blog.

Okay, what and what have you noticed?
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
ITbomb:
Are you on Blogger or WP
If WP, use Akismet plug-in
If blogger, go to settings and enable moderation "Always"

I think it's hosted on WordPress.
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Okay, what and what have you noticed?
-Your theme is not fully customized. - The blog isn't very responsive on phone.
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mayfrank:

-Your theme is not fully customized.
- The blog isn't very responsive on phone.

Kai, technical ish. What do I do? Get an expert to fix it or us it something I can do for myself?
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Kai, technical ish. What do I do? Get an expert to fix it or us it something I can do for myself?

Uhm... It's not that big a prob. I could fix it for u
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mayfrank:

Interesting to know. But at what cost?
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Interesting to know. But at what cost?
Hmm.. Whatever cost u see fit
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mayfrank:

Now you pushing me to the wall... Lol grin
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
ofofoCEO:

Now you pushing me to the wall... Lol grin
lol.. That's a good thing, I guess
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ofofoCEO(f): 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mayfrank:

lol.. That's a good thing, I guess

It's all fun and games until my spouse pours hot oil on you grin tongue
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Mayfrank(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
ofofoCEO:

It's all fun and games until my spouse pours hot oil on you grin tongue
Spouse I'd risk it for some moment of fun n games.
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by FraNKAPP(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
As I can see, your blog is running on WordPress platform. Though Akismet is good and has a number of active installs, more than 1 million. You will agree with me that the free version is all a heck to get started with. The API shit and the rest.

My fellow blogger, I will recommend WP-Spamshield plugin for you. It does the work so perfect without the need of any API shit.

It doesn't encourage CAPTCHA shit too.

Try it and thank me later. It has an encouraging active installs, 100K +

I also use it at http://frankapptech.com

1 Like

Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by Jejelomoekonlo: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
ofofoCEO:

if you are using wordpress, try this method Click Here for the tutorial
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by businesscitadel(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Was about to make a comment but on clicking your blog, it didn't open. angry
Re: Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog by ITbomb(m): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
businesscitadel:
Was about to make a comment but on clicking your blog, it didn't open. angry
Probably another abandoned blog

(1) (Reply)

Now N2,500 Per Year Only!!! Get 10GB Large Space, 100GB Bandwidth & More.... / Newly Aproved Naija Adsense Available For Sales / How To Link To A Particular Product You Want To Promote On Jumia And Konga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.