Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

How To Delete Whatsapp Message Before It Gets Delivered - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Delete Whatsapp Message Before It Gets Delivered (1181 Views)

How To Read Any One Whatsapp Message On Your Android Device. / Bulk Whatsapp Message Sender / How To Delete An Unwanted Post In Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Delete Whatsapp Message Before It Gets Delivered by iconzmagazine(m): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
WhatsApp has become one of the most widely used online chat medium. Earlier the facility that was available only on the “elite” BlackBerry phones, WhatsApp brought it to the masses. No surprise that it did not take much time for WhatsApp to leave BBM and Facebook Messenger far behind (so much so that Facebook had to buy WhatsApp for $19 billion). Now users are “apping” all the time in hundreds of languages through their mobile phones and WhatsApp on computer. They use WhatsApp for every small or big thing, for sharing everything with their friends —be it a text message, video, audio or photos. But sometimes in excitement and excessive use, we send a message that we did not really want to send. Or a message gets shot off to someone who was not the intended recipient of it. Such situations can cause a lot of troubles and embarrassment. This WhatsApp tutorial will show you something

he question is, can you stop a WhatsApp message after you’ve sent it. Is there a way to delete and recall a WhatsApp message?

The answer is both yes and no!

Many of my readers also ask, is it possible to delete a WhatsApp message with one tick showing in bubble?

The answer is no! Let’s find out the reasons behind it.

Last week, I explained how a message travels from your mobile to the receiver and how WhatsApp notify this through tick marks (check marks). As I said in that article, a clock icon on your message bubble indicates that the message is waiting and has not yet left your mobile phone.

So, if your message is still showing a clock icon in the bottom-right corner, and you realize that you did not want to send that message –you’re in luck! You should immediately turn off mobile Internet connection on your smartphone. This will block the channel and message will remain in your mobile. Then delete the message from WhatsApp before connecting to the Internet again.

Important Read: WhatsApp allows you to hide the fact that you’ve read the message. You can also hide your Last Seen status.

But this method is mostly useless! You’ll have long enough time frame to turn off Internet only if your Internet connection is slow. So, if you’re from a place where Internet speed is sluggish, you may have a few seconds to decide and switch off network.

In most cases, however, WhatsApp message travels at a very fast speed. It will not give you enough time to realize and react. As soon as the message leaves your mobile and reaches WhatsApp server, the clock icon will change into single tick sign. And once the clock icon is gone, there is no way to hold your message back. It will reach the recipient as and when her mobile device will connect to the Internet.

UPDATE: A few of my readers have suggested a way to stop a WhatsApp message before it gets delivered. I have not tested this method but it sound pretty logical. If you block the recipient contact before you get double tick icon, it may be possible that the WhatsApp Server will not deliver the message. WhatsApp server keeps undelivered messages on its server for about 30 days. Therefore, if you unblock the person before 30 days, the stopped message may go ahead and get delivered. So, do not unblock before 30 days!

As I said, I have not tested the above mentioned trick. If you use it, please let me know the results. We would love to hear from you!

I hope this answers your question. Better be of safer side and decide before you send anything on WhatsApp (or any online channel for that matter).
Re: How To Delete Whatsapp Message Before It Gets Delivered by Kakamorufu(m): 7:10am On Jan 15, 2017
blocking someone for thirty days cos of message. Lol. Thats even worse, kuku let the message go and deliver. Then explain yorself if needs be

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SWIFT Networks Launches Free Broadband WI-FI Service In Lagos / Nairaclan Bloggers Award / How Much Would It Cost Me To Build Website Like This...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.