Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

“don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu (48445 Views)

Davido And Sophia Momodu Celebrate Imade Adeleke's Birthday In Her School / Sophia Momodu Replies Davido’s Shade. Calls Chioma A 'Bitch' / Dele Momodu Replies Dr. Ola Balogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by afrika(f): 3:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Are they still forking? If no, she should get a job and move on.

Unless after the baby , they still fork together.

But, I suggest they both use their tongue and count their teeth.

As for the ovation thing, let them go look for better news than seeking attention with lowlife attitude.

Those that have not pass through this trauma, do not make terrible statements, cos if
If u happen to pass through one, you would understand that

Some girls are desperate.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by ideylaff: 3:47am On Jan 07, 2016
johnnycrew:
Is he in anyway related to any of them,what's his business BTW he looks unkept,if this is how all movie makers looks like,then i don't wanna be one

So many kids on the internet these days...if you dont know Dr Ola Balogun.... you really have not seen what hes made off, yes I am not in support of him getting involved, but please dont diss the man. He has a credible reputaion and historical audit trail

see below and read up your history..... hes an icon in the film industry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_Balogun

"Ola Balogun
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ola Balogun
Born 1 August 1945 (age 70)[1]
Aba, Imo State, Nigeria
Occupation Film director, screenwriter
Years active 1969-1984

Ola Balogun (born 1 August 1945) is a Nigerian filmmaker and scriptwriter. He also ventured into the Nigerian music industry in 2001. Balogun, who has been making films for over three decades, is part of the first generation of Nigerian filmmakers.[2]
Biography[edit]

Balogun was born in 1945 in Aba, Nigeria to Yoruba parents. His father practiced law in Aba until his death. The first language that Balogun learned to speak was Igbo.[2] He attended Christ the King School, Aba, from 1951 to 1957, then went to King’s College, Lagos. He studied at the University of Dakar (1962-3) and at the University of Caen, France (1963-6). He worked with Nigeria's Federal Ministry of Information as a scriptwriter in 1969 and was later posted to Paris as a press attaché of the Nigerian embassy. A pioneer of Nigerian filmmaking, Balogun produced his first films in the early 1970s. His 1981 film For Freedom! was entered into the 12th Moscow International Film Festival.[3]
References[edit]
Jump up ^ Mubi Europe.
^ Jump up to: a b "Ola Balogun". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
Jump up ^ "12th Moscow International Film Festival (1981)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-01-25."

1 Like

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 07, 2016
Gbyte:

Davido said a club on the island is calling him to come clear a 250k bill the baby mama left on his name, the baby mama has not denied it, what do you have to say? Truth is I am not in support of Davido, I only do not like the fact that Sophie is stupid enough to let her baby in the last 5 months and didn't complain until recently. It just shows she's complaining because she can sense she wont get any support from Davido again if the kid is completely out of her reach.
...that's what Davido said...how are we sure its not a lie. Remember, the child was forcefully taken from her, since then, according to Dele Momodu, efforts have been made to get her to take back her child which has met a brickwall, often. Dele's wife was walked out of the Adeleke's house at a point, Sophie, inclusive. Have the Adeleke's denied these? Why would the sister claim she's the mother of that child at the immigration point? While not holding briefs for either party, which authority declared Sophie unfit to take care of her child? Is she a lunatic, invalid, or what.....? Let's be fair here, there's always a tomorrow sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 07, 2016
redcliff:
See the person saying another should get a job. He looks like a graduate that just walked the whole of Marina
This man will feed the whole of your family without a fuss!

1 Like

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by toprealman: 4:58am On Jan 07, 2016
redcliff:
See the person saying another should get a job. He looks like a graduate that just walked the whole of Marina
...trying to get a job abi? Is that now a crime?
That is still better than opening your leg waiting for someone to exploit.

2 Likes

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by emmydollars4life(m): 5:17am On Jan 07, 2016
holytribe:
What's your own?
Is a pity that private lifestyle have turned to public opinion, how do this dirty looking man know about the financial involvement in the relationship. Who deserve a job now?
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by chinchum(m): 5:50am On Jan 07, 2016
emmydollars4life:

Is a pity that private lifestyle have turned to public opinion, how do this dirty looking man know about the financial involvement in the relationship. Who deserve a job now?

dirty looking ? It seems you are an idiiot, that is a renowned 71 years old professor of art. Is he dirty because he is not putting on coat and tie?

1 Like

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by afroditte(f): 6:18am On Jan 07, 2016
I know both parties are lying about some things, so wetin concern me?

It's common knowledge that these rich families like to take their kids born out of wedlock and throw the mothers aside.

If Davido wants full custody of his child, he should follow due process.

My take on it is that his family doesn't want to pay child support anymore.... Forget all the drugs accusations.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 07, 2016
ideylaff:

So many kids on the internet these days...if you dont know Dr Ola Balogun.... you really have not seen what hes made off, yes I am not in support of him getting involved, but please dont diss the man. He has a credible reputaion and historical audit trail

see below and read up your history..... hes an icon in the film industry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_Balogun

"Ola Balogun
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ola Balogun
Born 1 August 1945 (age 70)[1]
Aba, Imo State, Nigeria
Occupation Film director, screenwriter
Years active 1969-1984

Ola Balogun (born 1 August 1945) is a Nigerian filmmaker and scriptwriter. He also ventured into the Nigerian music industry in 2001. Balogun, who has been making films for over three decades, is part of the first generation of Nigerian filmmakers.[2]
Biography[edit]

Balogun was born in 1945 in Aba, Nigeria to Yoruba parents. His father practiced law in Aba until his death. The first language that Balogun learned to speak was Igbo.[2] He attended Christ the King School, Aba, from 1951 to 1957, then went to King’s College, Lagos. He studied at the University of Dakar (1962-3) and at the University of Caen, France (1963-6). He worked with Nigeria's Federal Ministry of Information as a scriptwriter in 1969 and was later posted to Paris as a press attaché of the Nigerian embassy. A pioneer of Nigerian filmmaking, Balogun produced his first films in the early 1970s. His 1981 film For Freedom! was entered into the 12th Moscow International Film Festival.[3]
References[edit]
Jump up ^ Mubi Europe.
^ Jump up to: a b "Ola Balogun". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
Jump up ^ "12th Moscow International Film Festival (1981)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-01-25."
I don't care,all I know is appearance complements reputation.he looks so ragged,haven't we seen other movie makers
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Pataki: 6:46am On Jan 07, 2016
johnnycrew:
I don't care,all I know is appearance compliments reputation.he looks so ragged,haven't we seen other movie makers

I reckon you are well dressed with astonishing clean looks yourself.

Do you mind to show us your wikipedia page that has a list of your achievements and reputation? No?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 07, 2016
Pataki:

I reckon you are well dressed with astonishing clean looks yourself.

Do you mind to show us your wikipedia page that has a list of your achievements and reputation? No?
just a little time,its getting to that point,and mind u. I value my appearance a lot.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by bitrusnathan396(m): 6:49am On Jan 07, 2016
the movie is going on

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by bitrusnathan396(m): 6:49am On Jan 07, 2016
the movie is on

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by phineas: 6:54am On Jan 07, 2016
This baba should take a back seat.over sabi overbearing busybody Nigerians.whatsoever his qualifications this is not his area of expertise, as such his expert opinion does not count.

Its important I make clear I do not know either of the parties.but what I see been played here is the Nigerian culture of use and dump which I detest with a passion.

So the issues.

1- The adeleke family wanted the baby and they schemed well

2- The baby was "collected" from the mother because the baby developed breathing problems from breast milk infected with marijuana(so marijuana na infection now abi)

3- The mother has not been breastfeeding this baby since July and the breathing problems still persist requiring a "breathing apparatus" every night and further consultation with Drs abroad without the mother, because the problems were "caused by marijuana in the mothers bloodstream"wink

4- let's not forget she's not good enough to marry so let the grooms family just take custody of a child less than 7 yrs from the mother because shes "unfit to take care of her" she cannot bathe the baby well, or use the breathing apparatus well as instructed.

The issues remain who declared the mother unfit to care for her child? And Who is elligible for custody next.

Does marijuana in the bloodstream routinely lead to breathing problems? How many children have been isolated from families because the father smokes cigarette ? Nicotine is a poison too after all ? and a drug of addiction.Can the davido clan prove conclusively the breathing problems was a result of marijuana in the baby's blood stream from the mothers breastmilk, secondary smoke perhaps, if so why does she have this problems 6 months after isolation from her mother? Who is still smoking around the baby this 6 months.Remembering URTI are the most common complaints in children of this age group till age Five.

Protocol has not been followed in this matter, justice has not been done either. Davido has abused this woman's reputation on allegations that appear cannot be proven conclusively. The only proof he has is she smoked weed at some point - a criminal offence he conveniently brings up. and like it or not that is not enough reason to render a woman unfit to care for her child.And should she be unfit the next in line for custody should be decided by the court.

What the davido crew is doing is cruelty to the mother of a child he refused to marry.That is my definition of wickedness and injustice. And All the holier than thou team will do well to take a backseat.

I still insist the role the hospital /lab played in this scheme should be investigated thoroughly.

2 Likes

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by DavidEsq(m): 6:55am On Jan 07, 2016
While I do not support the reckless lifestyle of Sophia, I totally condemn the despicable manner the Adelekes gained custody of the baby. If Davido wanted custody, he should have approached the appropriate quarters, armed with the medical report he has been brandishing. As for Mr Balogun, I don't get it why he should address his letter to The Nation, when the message in the letter was directed at the Momodus or maybe its the mods/OP who have a defective use of English lang. If that letter was addressed to The Nation, then Balogun is bootlicking the Adelekes. I expected an elderly man like him to chide all the parties in this imbroglio, as he has obviously not heard any of the parties firsthand.

1 Like

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by great7: 7:01am On Jan 07, 2016
DELE MOMODU SHOULD RESPECT HIS NAME AND HIS DRAW HIS SISTER FROM THE MARKET PLACE SHE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE TO WOMANHOOD AND THE MOMODU FAMILY.
ONE BIG SECRET IN ALL THESE IS THAT SOPHIA IS A BIG TIME PROSTITUTE. HOW COME THIS IS HAPPENING FOR YEARS WITH UNCLE THE JOURNALIST NOT KNOWING ABOUT IT.
I BEG SOPHIA DON'T KILL THIS YOUNG MAN,WOMEN ARE CAPABLE OF SO MANY THINGS IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS.
ATM MACHINES ARE LOCATED IN BANKS ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR THE USE OF THOSE WHO HAVE MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT.
DAVIDO IS NOT AN ATM MACHINE.SOPHIA PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE AND DO NOT PLAN ANY EVIL AGAINST HIM BECAUSE IF YOU DO THAT IT WILL BACKFIRE AGAINST YOU. DAVIDO IS HAS NOT DONE ANY THING BAD AGAINST. HIS ONLY OFFENCE IS THAT HE REFUSE TO ALLOW YOU SUCK HIM TO DEATH. WHY ? GO AND GET A JOB VERY FAST OVATION IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING NOW.

2 Likes

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by DavidEsq(m): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2016
As for Davido's sister, the Momodus' lawyer should be dispassionate by properly appraising his brief and slam her with allegations that would stick and not this kidnapping trash, which is clearly the Momodus' idea. She should be charged with Impersonation and Giving false information to a public officer, when she claimed to be the mother of the child and such claim was made to an immigration officer.

1 Like

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by DavidEsq(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2016
One thing that is certain is that these individuals involved in this fracas are keeping left-overs of bad for the kid to consume. For God sake, them no dey fight where dem born pikin put.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by oketoyinboshola(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2016
lasisi69:
if mugu fall, u chop.. No be him Wey go give woman belle
becos he give her belle , make she com turn devido to ATM abi. When she was enjoying the thing, she no know she will get belle abi. Abeg talk well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by oppyworld: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2016
Hmmmmmmm shocked
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by ojnnaco(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2016
“If Davido’s account is true
Why can't this man just make proper findings before jumping into this issue ... People are always quick to judge others without knowing the cox of they actions ...
Busy body too much this days ...
Just all to look for cheap popularity or fame ..
NONSENSE
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Rotimi47: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2016
datola:
'Joblessness' is worrying this worrying looking dude.

Most of the critics of Sophia and 'role played by Dele Momodu' are money worshippers.
While those supporting Sophia & Dele momodu are gold diggers.

Why can't Sophia get a normal job & why ain't Dele momodu financially supporting his niece? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by ahamonyeka(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
redcliff:
what is wrong if he ask imade to get her self a job rather than turning mr.davido to an ATM machine?please let's be rational at times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by OlujobaSamuel: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
femiero:

Why act as if you don't see all these ladies at parties looking to hook up with guys for #5000. This lady na olosho. Why hasn't Dele Momodu gotten her a job before now with all his influence?
You saw an "olosho", you went home with her, so you expect decency just because you think you have given her enough, it doesn't work that way bro.
it's her business, she will always thirst for more from any customer she knows he is still having something to offer.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by OlujobaSamuel: 7:51am On Jan 07, 2016
phineas:
This baba should take a back seat.over sabi overbearing busybody Nigerians.whatsoever his qualifications this is not his area of expertise, as such his expert opinion does not count.

Its important I make clear I do not know either of the parties.but what I see been played here is the Nigerian culture of use and dump which I detest with a passion.

So the issues.

1- The adeleke family wanted the baby and they schemed well

2- The baby was "collected" from the mother because the baby developed breathing problems from breast milk infected with marijuana(so marijuana na infection now abi)

3- The mother has not been breastfeeding this baby since July and the breathing problems still persist requiring a "breathing apparatus" apparatus every night and further consultation with DrS abroad without the mother, because the problems were "caused by marijuana in the mothers bloodstream"

4- let's not forget she's not good enough to marry so let the grooms family just take custody of a child less than 7 yes from the mother because shes "unfit to take care of her" she cannot bathe the baby well, or use the breathing apparatus well as instructed.

The issues remain who declared the mother unfit to care for her child? And Who is elligible for custody next.

Does marijuana in the bloodstream routinely lead to breathing problems? How many children have been isolated from families because the father smokes ciggarette ? Nicotine is a poison too after all? Can the davido clan prove conclusively the breathing problems was a result of marijuana in the baby's blood stream from the mothers breatmilk, secondary smoke perhaps, if so why does she have this problems 6 months after isolation from her mother? Who is still smoking around the baby this 6 months.

Protocol has not been followed in this matter, justice has not been done either.Davido has abused this woman's reputation on allegations that appear cannot be proven conclusively. The only proof he has is she smoked weed at some point - a criminal offence he convieniently brings up. and like it or not that is not enough reason to render a woman unfit to care for her child.And should she be unfit the next in line for custody should be decided by the court.

What the davido crew is doing is cruelty to the mother of a child he refused to marry.That is my definition of wickedness and injustice. And All the holier than thou team will do well to take a backseat.

I still insist the role the hospital /lab played in this scheme should be investigated thoroughly.

Ori e ko ni joofa.
Either ATM or not, Davido could have use 1/3 of the so called allowance paid to file a legal suit for taking the baby into custody but choose to take her in an illegal way which now bounce.
No one should fear anyone but the consequences of their respective action.
Davido and Sophia dey reap wetin dem sow.
Dr Balogun should not have written an open letter on the issue blaming a party and exoneration the other.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Joe82834(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Two things noted
1 If davido's account is true (so this long epistle is on the premise of 'IF'
2. the child is suffering due to har 'alleged' drug habits.
No intelligence in this post at all. Some1 can easily say if Sophia's account of events is true,.. .........As for me, i wont take sides on this issue cos each i dnt have any first hand/100% sure info on this.
Just a cheap attempt to gain attention and pls those on davido's side should stop attaching words like young, 21yrs, 23yrs to d name davido cos he is actually an adult(haa bn 4 a yl)
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by bayinq25(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2016
redcliff:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha...I fear you o
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by fuke(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2016
redcliff:

From you to Dr Balogun?
Surely, there are lots of madness on internet.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by Otunbafederatio: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
Its quite unfortunate dt a man of repute like you can also behave like dis, if I may ask you sir, what role/effort have been play by you to resolve d issues/broker peace btw d two family? NO. If d lady happen to be your daughter, you will ask her to abandon her baby @ dt tenderly age d baby need his/her mother care. Pls sir, my candid advice to you, if u can not resolve d issue/broker peace btw d two families pls desist from contributing to d issue let them resolve their problems in their own way.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by AXYZ: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2016
koligs:
Let's even see nairalanders say on this issue
If you are in support of davido, click like and if u wholeheartedly support sophia, hit the share button

The Ayes have it.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by holyfather(m): 8:44am On Jan 07, 2016
anipaul:
Every time girls try to bring up stories accusing guys because they know the crowd will stand by them out of pity! It's a very wrong impression! We should realy dig up the stories and yu will find out how much lie this girl is telling! #Peace

If you can, please dig it up.
Bring it on. We need to hear it.
But until then,your so called celebrities should learn to zip up and get a life.
Not dipping their stick wherever they find a hole.
Re: “don’t Turn Davido To An ATM, Get A Job” – Dr. Ola Balogun Tells Sophia Momodu by hurpeyeahme(f): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2016
So it okay for the Adeleke's to travel out with the child without the mothers consent? Dr we have heard you...go n collect ur envelope.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chizoba Ejike Unveiled As Nigeria Police Ambassador (Photos) / 9ice And Governor Yahaya Bello Display The 4+4 Symbol (Photo) / Hospital To Throw Out Prince James Uche In New Year - Son Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.